Bourret and Latendresse lead scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Alex Bourret with 4g and 5a leads the Q in playoff scoring followed by Guillaume
Latendresse with 4g and 4a.Bourret and Leweston swept Shawinigan and
Drummondville has tied Monctton.I'm quite impressed with Latendresse scoring
3 points last night to beat Moncton 3-1 to tie the series.Apparently he's been good
so far and difficult to contain.These guys aren't ranked in any scouting services
top ten.Are they not getting enough respect.Personally I can't see too many
managers passing on Latendresse despite his history with injuries.
As for Bourret I think alot of people think he's only producing because he plays
with Picard.Well,right now Picard has 2g and 0a and from the boxscores it looks
like Bourret is playing with other forwards at least part of the time.

Last edited:

Rediscoveryx

May 10, 2002
Norrland, Sweden
Visit site
Latendresse is awesome in NHL:EHM - that's about all I know of him - and he's got one of those evil quebecois names that fits so good on a hockey player.

So given that evidence I'd say he's a lock for a top five pick. ;)

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Rediscoveryx said:
Latendresse is awesome in NHL:EHM - that's about all I know of him - and he's got one of those evil quebecois names that fits so good on a hockey player.

Evil quebecois name? lolll That funny considering the fact that "Latendresse" means "the tenderness"!

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Fozz said:
Evil quebecois name? lolll That funny considering the fact that "Latendresse" means "the tenderness"!

Ouuuuh evil! lol

I've seen one of his goal yesterday on highlites from RDS and the guy doesn't seem to be too slow for a big kid, I'd be interested in him were I a GM.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
If I had the #3 pick I would think long and hard about getting Latendresse, his upside is huge. It's just his consistency that worries me, but since the second half of the year, he's really turned it up a notch.

CH Wizard

Leachmeister2000 said:
If I had the #3 pick I would think long and hard about getting Latendresse, his upside is huge. It's just his consistency that worries me, but since the second half of the year, he's really turned it up a notch.

WTF? You'd take him over Brule or Johnson?

Well , I'd consider him early but not as early as 3rd overall.

Last edited by a moderator:

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Rediscoveryx said:

I concur with that analysis.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Leachmeister2000 said:

I think that's got a little to do with his injury.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
The teams that will get both of those guys will be very happy. They looks like realy good players. Latendresse looks like a futur power forward and Bourret like scoring agitator that will always play hard.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
X-SHARKIE said:
Nothing against him, but I could see Brule falling because of lack of size.

I agree with you here. His size will hurt him. He is very thin and I don't think he will able to play physical in the NHL. That's why I think he will not be taken 2nd overall and maybe not even 3rd.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
Bourret and Latendresse will definitely rise IMO. Along with Anze Kopitar I could see those 3 going very high to a team who thinks they have the highest upside.

Nothing against him, but I could see Brule falling because of lack of size.

I haven't got to see the Q league playoffs, but Brule has definitely been phenominal versus one of the best teams in the CHL in Kelowna. He has been a one man wrecking machine and he would make MANY GM's look foolish for skipping past him do to size. Hitting, making plays, he is head and shoulders above anyone on the ice in that series.

boby

Oct 3, 2004
ALEX BOURRET,he is incredible,l see all the series,:
game 1: 1 goal,1 ass 6 pim first stars

game 2: 1 goal,1 ass 2 pim second stars

game 3: 2 goal,3 ass 4 pim first stars

game 4: 0 goal,0 ass 2 pim lewiston win O.T

the coach Clement Jodouin (lew) separate Picard and Bourret for all firts rond and Picard has a bad series,for Picard this saison has a good saison but he has a low start,big error if has person tink Bourret profit play with Picard,i think Picard he is very lucky to play with Bourret.

Latendresse with Bourret is two best hot players and the league now,is not a suprise for my.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:

Well, he's outscoring Bobby Ryan and leading his team so far in the 1st round. Drummondville is a much weaker team than Owen Sound and Latendresse is having a better round right now than Ryan. It could make a difference if there is a draft this year.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Latendresse always played his best under pressure. At the Air Canada cup in 2002 (yea the one where Crosby stole the show) at the u-17 in 2003 and now here. CSB better shoot him up at least 50 spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad