Bourque Is Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicpea*

Not sure if it's been posted, so sorry in advance, but TSN just showed Chris Bourque on crutches and confirmed that he is out of the tournament regardless how far the US goes. Gotta feel bad for him.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
chicpea said:
Not sure if it's been posted, so sorry in advance, but TSN just showed Chris Bourque on crutches and confirmed that he is out of the tournament regardless how far the US goes. Gotta feel bad for him.

Well, that is good for Schremp and maybe Team USA. Not good for USA next year as Bourque won't gain as much experience, especially with the playoff round coming up.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
chicpea said:

After seeing him twist his knee on the play ..I immediately thought he was done ..

Then he returned to the ice try it out to my amazement ... but soon returned to the locker room for good ..

I think he has ACL , MCL concerns IMO ..

AgentNaslund*

Hes finished with Hockey until March. This is Torn ACL we are talking about. These things take forever to heal.

Nimrods Son

If he wasn't Ray Bourques son, would any of us ever have even heard of him? I mean seriously.

Damicles

Dec 27, 2004
Edmonton Alberta!
Nimrods Son said:
If he wasn't Ray Bourques son, would any of us ever have even heard of him? I mean seriously.

Good point. Nobody really paid much attention to him at the draft. And his draft class wasn't exactly the best either. (Watch me eat this words in 5 - 10 years....)

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I can't help but think that the level of anti-Bourque is sort of ridiculous.

Yes, Chris was taken too high, and yes that is because of who his father was. So what? It's not the first time it has happened. It's not as if Chris Bourque wasn't going to be drafted. The skill is there to justify him being a first day draft pick. Yeah, he's a little small, but there are those guys who can play small.

Bourque put up a very reasonable performance while at the WJC. I don't understand why so many people on these boards talk as if he wasn't worth being drafted period.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
...maybe it's because his so-called "basic skills" suck???

he's not very strong on the puck, he's NOT a good puck handler when he has it, he's not a good stickhandler either, come to think of it....and perhaps his most glaring flaw....he can't PASS the puck to a moving target to save his life....yeah, he's got a decent goal scorer's shot.....if you put him on the ice during a shootout, maybe he'll be useful.....other than that, I guess he deserved to go in the first day of the draft :teach: :shakehead

Jocus

Dec 23, 2004
Any chance he'll come to the Moncton Wildcats next year?

If Moncton wins(or even comes close) the Memorial Cup this year, and win the chance to host it next year, it could be very interesting for him to come here for a year.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Renegade said:
Another big loss for the US.
While it is most definitely unfortunate for Chris Bourque, looking at it from a tournament stand point, the US should benefit, because now they can actually put someone deserving on the first line. After his speed, which is not as big a deal when you factor in his 5'7" frame, what has he got to offer this team, in their efforts to repeat as champs? More importantly, why is he on the first line?

Can any of you US fans explain this to me? I am not harping on Bourque not being decent player, but surely there are more deserving guys on that team.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
MePutPuckInNet said:
...maybe it's because his so-called "basic skills" suck???

he's not very strong on the puck, he's NOT a good puck handler when he has it, he's not a good stickhandler either, come to think of it....and perhaps his most glaring flaw....he can't PASS the puck to a moving target to save his life....yeah, he's got a decent goal scorer's shot.....if you put him on the ice during a shootout, maybe he'll be useful.....other than that, I guess he deserved to go in the first day of the draft :teach: :shakehead
Agreed! Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri
Puckhead said:
While it is most definitely unfortunate for Chris Bourque, looking at it from a tournament stand point, the US should benefit, because now they can actually put someone deserving on the first line. After his speed, which is not as big a deal when you factor in his 5'7" frame, what has he got to offer this team, in their efforts to repeat as champs? More importantly, why is he on the first line?

Can any of you US fans explain this to me? I am not harping on Bourque not being decent player, but surely there are more deserving guys on that team.

There are a ton of question marks as to why staff made certain moves. Having Bourque on the first line is one of many. Why isn't Jack Johnson there? Why isn't Thelan and Lewis?

I have no idea what's been going through their heads but they really need to look at team building concepts and realize you need guys that can play D and check.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
somehow, amidst all the hype and media attention, the press keeps neglecting to mention the fact that Bourque was BENCHED in the third period of the Swiss game. And was DEmoted to the 2nd line for the Czech game. I'm sorry the guy got hurt, I really am. But I wish people would wake up and realize that 99% of the Team USA's boy's are now doing the happy dance of joy that he's not out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->