Bournival

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
Seems like he's our Golden Boy this year. Last year was Dumont, year before was Leblanc, year before Palushaj, year before Latendresse. My point is don't get too excited. Bournival is another one of our tweeners, not an offensive guy, not big enough to play a real physical game. Where does he really fit?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
He fits on the third line going into the future because of his two-way skills, his size, his physical ability, his attitude, and his name.

I like him and I expect him to do better than most of the players before him if he's put in the right situation. He's got a pretty high-end work ethic, I think that's what will make him stick.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I deserve to eat crow for my prior skepticism regarding Bournival.

He is an effective player.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
5' 11", 192 lbs is a giant compared to the rest of our smurf forwards.

And his speed his unreal.

Dumont never impressed me very much. Nor did Leblanc, he was merely solid. Palushaj was ****ING HOT GARBAGE with us.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
He fits on the third line going into the future because of his two-way skills, his size, his physical ability, his attitude, and his name.

I like him and I expect him to do better than most of the players before him if he's put in the right situation. He's got a pretty high-end work ethic, I think that's what will make him stick.
If anything, he's a poor man's Michael Frolik. Got tons of speed to wreck "defensive havoc" on the opponent.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
If anything, he's a poor man's Michael Frolik. Got tons of speed to wreck "defensive havoc" on the opponent.

Yeah, that seem like a pretty reasonable physical comparison. However, Frolik is much more adept offensively and Bournival plays a very simple north-south type of game.

To me, he's in between Dan Cleary and Max Talbot.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Bournival should have a lengthy nhl career. Only question is whether he will be top 6 or top 9 player.
I'm a huge Bournival but I don't expect any unreal offensive from him. I still think he could learn more by playing in the AHL.

I think he has the potential of a Chris Higgins (which is not a bad thing). Any team that want to compete for the cup need a solid bottom 6. I think he would be part of that for us in the long run.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
5' 11", 192 lbs is a giant compared to the rest of our smurf forwards.

And his speed his unreal.

Dumont never impressed me very much. Nor did Leblanc, he was merely solid. Palushaj was ****ING HOT GARBAGE with us.

He looks like a lock to be not only a regular NHLer, but a great 3rd liner.

As you said his speed is fantastic, and his good fitness, motor and strong hockey IQ will make him a key component on the third line behind Galchenyuk and Eller in the future.

DailyKaizen

I know I will get a few jokes for this but the fact of the matter is Bournival has achieved what he has achieved thus far because of his virtues...because of his character.

I do appreciate sammy d you throwing caution to the wind but Bournival's emotional/psychological maturity seems quite advanced (past and present) in comparison to all the names you listed...

As for where he fits? A hockey player's potential and form is not written in stone...they are the architects of their success or failure...

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Seems like he's our Golden Boy this year. Last year was Dumont, year before was Leblanc, year before Palushaj, year before Latendresse. My point is don't get too excited. Bournival is another one of our tweeners, not an offensive guy, not big enough to play a real physical game. Where does he really fit?

sammy my boy, Bournival is 6'0" but he's really thick and has low center of gravity. just because you're 6'7 doesn't mean you're strong on skates, and Bournival is strong on skates. He has tremendous speed, dare I say faster than Pacioretty. Bournival has leadership as he was captain of two junior club and minor club. This guy may not put up 50 points but he's a coache's player, very reliable. Can play in all situations. Someone compared him to a young Max Talbot which is accurate but less vocal. He's exactly what you need on a winning team, soldiers like Prust, Bournival.

-Bournival has advantages over Dumont due to his size, speed and harder to knock off the puck.
-Bournival has advantages over Leblanc because he's faster and is a good two way player, if Leblanc can't score, he's useless to the club cuz he's not physical
-Palushaj was similar to Leblanc, he couldn't crack top 6, and can't play bottom 6.
-Latendresse is very slow, the game is faster and lats can't skate.

ashtraygirl

Nov 22, 2008
Montreal
His speed makes him really effective on the forecheck. I'd be happy with him becoming a staple on our 3rd line in a year or two.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
sammy my boy, Bournival is 6'0" but he's really thick and has low center of gravity. just because you're 6'7 doesn't mean you're strong on skates, and Bournival is strong on skates. He has tremendous speed, dare I say faster than Pacioretty. Bournival has leadership as he was captain of two junior club and minor club. This guy may not put up 50 points but he's a coache's player, very reliable. Can play in all situations. Someone compared him to a young Max Talbot which is accurate but less vocal. He's exactly what you need on a winning team, soldiers like Prust, Bournival.

-Bournival has advantages over Dumont due to his size, speed and harder to knock off the puck.
-Bournival has advantages over Leblanc because he's faster and is a good two way player, if Leblanc can't score, he's useless to the club cuz he's not physical
-Palushaj was similar to Leblanc, he couldn't crack top 6, and can't play bottom 6.
-Latendresse is very slow, the game is faster and lats can't skate.

You're right on most parts, but totally wrong about Leblanc imo. He's a really smart player who could be a very effective checker on the 3rd line.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Bournival does not look like a rookie and thats a key element to look for in a player, I remember hearing Hrudey say how many faceoffs he won in his own end and how they outplayed Vancouvers second line and that was the case for the whole night. He is a keeper and sure he will make mistakes but like others have mentioned, his speed is unreal and it will get him out of trouble when he needs it too. If he turns into Chris Higgins that would be awesome because Higgins should have never been traded and we have missed his ability ever since he was sent packing.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You're right on most parts, but totally wrong about Leblanc imo. He's a really smart player who could be a very effective checker on the 3rd line.

It takes some players longer than others to put it all together and Leblanc may be one of them. I think he can be the second coming of Carbonneau but he really needs to get stronger and bigger and prove himself this year in Hamilton or his days with this organization at least might be over.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Once Parros is back I wouldn't be surprised if he is sent down for more ice time. He needs to play bigger minutes on the top 2 lines this year.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'm a huge Bournival but I don't expect any unreal offensive from him. I still think he could learn more by playing in the AHL.

I think he has the potential of a Chris Higgins (which is not a bad thing). Any team that want to compete for the cup need a solid bottom 6. I think he would be part of that for us in the long run.

I like that comparison Jeffrey

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

Dumont could be an affective 4th line sparkplug for us down the road. You need an effective 4th line to win the cup - anyway look how popular Parros and Prust have quickly become with the fanbase. Bournival should be a solid 3rd or 4th line guy for us. One player you did not name is Lapierre, who I would kill to have back on the team, he's better than Moen & White at least.

I see Leblanc as still making the NHL one day, he had some great stretch with us and if he regains his confidence at the AHL level he will be fine. Unfortunately I do not trust the coach down there, so perhaps Leblanc will be wasted.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bournival will be an effective bottom 6 forward. He has the hockey IQ, offensive and defensive awareness plus raw speed to be an effective player. I don't expect more than 10-15 goals.. 30-40 points in his better seasons, but his speed will help our PK and it will help our forecheck. He won't cost us in the defensive zone, a very useful player.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Once Parros is back I wouldn't be surprised if he is sent down for more ice time. He needs to play bigger minutes on the top 2 lines this year.

Depends how he plays maybe just play Parros vs Tor,Bos,Ott,Buf and a couple of west teams. I cant see Parros playing 70+ games.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Depends how he plays maybe just play Parros vs Tor,Bos,Ott,Buf and a couple of west teams. I cant see Parros playing 70+ games.

I dunno he is actually a dwcent hockey player. He doesnt really take bad penalties and can cycle well. That being said I think id want both parros and bournival in at the same time (with white out)

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Bournival will be an effective bottom 6 forward. He has the hockey IQ, offensive and defensive awareness plus raw speed to be an effective player. I don't expect more than 10-15 goals.. 30-40 points in his better seasons, but his speed will help our PK and it will help our forecheck. He won't cost us in the defensive zone, a very useful player.

I looks like a really nice 3rd liner to me. Will never wow people with his stats but he seems to know how to get things done. Really smart player to go along with speed and an insane work ethic.

pine*

He is a player that gets it, that's for sure. Always plays with an active stick. A fine young man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->