Bournival and his future in Montreal.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
At the same age, Eller put up 17 points in 77 games (less ice-time, different linemates, etc.).

Bournival has three fewer points than Eller now in three fewer games.

Bournival wouldn't have even made the team under Martin.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I think he'll be a 15+20 3rd line Center/Forward, I don't see him being a top-6 player. I just don't think he has the skill to be a consistent point producer against high-quality competition.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
i think he has top 6 potential, but hes definetely a high caliber 3rd liner due to his work ethic, speed and 2 way play

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
It's way too early to project his career.

But, he's got a lot of great qualities: first on the puck and wins battles in the corner (similar to Gallagher), excellent speed, good hockey sense, and a top tier work ethic.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I could see him having a long tenure in Montreal. I still see him as a Dupuis type of player, capable of playing anywhere in the lineup. Brings energy, grit, speed, and above average offensive skills.

I hope he continues to work on his defensive play and becomes a great two way player that can be a go-to player on the PK and when defending a 1 goal lead.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
You mean if they Eller and Bournival were both playing for Martin at age 21, Bournival would not make it and Eller would? Really? Eller is just slightly better than Bournival now.

You're kidding right?

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I think he'll be a less tougher, faster version of an old beauty in Mike McPhee. McPhee was a great defensive forward that would give you 20 goals a year. He needs to put on some muscle and smooth some small wrinkles in his game but the kid is going to be a keeper and a leader on this team for a long time. The effort is there, the desire is there and the intangibles are there. I wouldn't be surprised if he's made captain, down the road.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
He'll be the 2nd/3rd line two-way replacement for Gio.

Was coming here to say this. At this point Gio isn't a scorer anymore, and is mostly useful for his ability play safe, effective though minutes. I see Bournival filling that role. He's still young but he's good enough to replace Gio 5m salary.

We got to replace our aging veterans with young guns, and Bournival is a godsend in that regard, as our RW kinda sucks aside for Littl' Gally. We need Gionta money to pay for that Subban raise.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Eller 13 points in 22 games.

Bournival 10 points in 19 games.

I'm not comparing Corey Perry to Shawn Horcoff.

Eller's production has a track record that extends into last season and is thus more meaningful. Bournival's 10 points in 19 games is probably an overachievement.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Bournival is a very impressive player for his age and barring any major injury should continue to progress and has been a great surprise for us. It is tough to predict how good he will be, I will say this, he has been really good in every role that Therrien has used him in and for a young player that's a great sign.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
He's got a solid hockey IQ, has a GREAT skating stride, very explosive, he's got pretty good hands. You gotta love the kid. Predicting where he will finish is not easy. One thing is for sure, he's learning the ropes and he will probably force the GM's hand into finding him a permanent spot on the top 3 line next season. His skating will be his bread and butter in this league.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
I like the Benoit Brunet comparison. Solid, not spectacular player who will likely be around for a long, long time due to the fact that a coach can slot him into different roles, as needed. Can play top 6 in a pinch. Can shut down the opponents top line. Reliable two-way forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->