Bounce Back Players

tstinger

Jan 28, 2013
The easiest way to get the best value is to target players who are coming off rough years but are still good players.

Eric Staal is an example of this last year... he was a -20 with his lowest point total in years only to go over a point a game last year and be a +5.

Any obvious candidates/guys you are targetting for a bounceback? Brad Richards comes to mind for me...

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
I guess it won't really be a "bounce back" season but players like Spezza and Michalek who were injured last season will go much lower then expected. I've done a few mock drafts and have gotten spezza in the 3rd round each time when he's a first round player for sure!

drnaud81

Aug 29, 2011
Quebec City, QC
my top condidate would be Stephen Weiss. I could also guys like O.Jokinen, M.Erat, PM.Bouchard having better numbers this year. Also Eberle, if you consider he didn't have a great season last year.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
luongo_roberto.jpg

Green Blob*

Brad Richards will be one. He's been on a mission with preparing for this upcoming season.

tstinger

Jan 28, 2013
Some great suggestions- the injury examples of Downie and Hartnell also offer another way to undervalued players. Keep them coming!

BossSquig

Jan 16, 2013
I forgot Perron to the Oilers could be very good for him

Whomever gets to play with Getzlaf and Perry (Palmeiri or Penner)?

jordyr77

Dec 14, 2012
I managed to snag Yakupov, Richards, Gaborik, and Skinner in my draft with no first round pick lol. I really hope you guys are right and those three bounce back (Yakupov obviously doesn't need a bounce back)! Might as well go for those low cost guys with a top 20 fantasy asset ceiling.

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
I guess it won't really be a "bounce back" season but players like Spezza and Michalek who were injured last season will go much lower then expected. I've done a few mock drafts and have gotten spezza in the 3rd round each time when he's a first round player for sure!

I got Spezza in the 4th round of my actual draft.

Last edited:

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Mikhail Grabovski is a big candidate. Most of the mocks I'm in, he doesn't even get drafted. ~50 point guy getting a top 6 role in Washington after being used as a checker with 30% o-zone starts last year in Toronto for reasons still unknown. Could be good value in the last round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad