Boumedienne to replace Karalahti?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Washington Capitals defenseman Josef Boumedienne has apprently come to his senses and has applied for a Finnish citizenship. :yo: :bow: His mother is Finnish and he speaks perfect Finnish, so it wouldn't be a huge transition. If things move quickly enough, he couldd be named as Karalahti's replavement for Finland's World Cup squad. Atleast that's what Finnish daily Aamulehti are hinting at. If he doesn't "make it" to the WC team, he could atleast represent Finland at next year's World Championships.

Last edited:

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
what a traitor!!! :shakehead ;)

i always like boumedienne, but if he'll be finnish, i'm done with him.

HEJA SVERIGE!

:D

ChowsBaby21

Jul 2, 2002
Never never land
Visit site
If he really wanted to he could apply for Algerian citizenship too, since his dad is from Algeria. He was just born in Sweden, that is his only tie to it so it would make sense to apply for finish citizenship, but I do not believe it until I see it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
ChowsBaby21 said:
If he really wanted to he could apply for Algerian citizenship too, since his dad is from Algeria. He was just born in Sweden, that is his only tie to it so it would make sense to apply for finish citizenship, but I do not believe it until I see it.

It was reported earlier (during Euro 2004) by another Finnish daily, Helsingin Sanomat.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Heh, I never realized he was Swedish, I thought he was Czech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad