Bought A New Helmet, But Cannot Attach A Cage???

Robs789

Apr 1, 2011
Hey guys, long time lurker.

Just bought a Mission M95 online but i cannot attach a cage to it. I can screw it in from the forehead screws, but there is nothing on the side of the helmet for the straps to strap into.
I understand i can go with a visor, but id feel better of with a full cage.

Problem is, bought the item on clearance from Hockeymonkey, and they do not do returns on clearance items. Suggestions?

mhkehoe

Nov 18, 2010
I am assuming you mean the little screw pegs that they cage straps snap over. Are there the spots for these on the helmet? I know my Bauer 9900 cage came with the pegs, so I could add them if I didn't already have them.

Robs789

Apr 1, 2011
I am assuming you mean the little screw pegs that they cage straps snap over. Are there the spots for these on the helmet? I know my Bauer 9900 cage came with the pegs, so I could add them if I didn't already have them.

Ya the screw over pegs. Mine didnt come with any nor does it look like there are any space for them.

M9505.gif

This is the helmet i have but where the pegs are supposed to be there is just a screw.
Am i SOL?

mhkehoe

Nov 18, 2010
Yep. The screw behind the ear guards is the one for the cage snaps. The screws are just placeholders for this very purpose. And those ones you linked look like the ones needed.

And like I said, my Bauer 9900 cage came with those, so if you still need to buy the cage, check to see if it comes with hardware.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad