Confirmed with Link: Boudreau fired; Evason interim head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Russo didn't publish some comments from the players after the coach was fired, he's clearly a Boudreau fan.

But this comment from Zuccarello kind of confirms what players wanted, published by TwinCities.

“Obviously it’s no fun when someone loses their job,” Zuccarello said. “It’s just that sometimes change can be healthy. I think it’s been so far, so good, and the boys are responding well to him (Evason). We just need to win games.”

Sure doesn't sound like players miss Boudreau.

Wild quickly adjusting to interim coach Dean Evason’s message – Twin Cities

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Russo didn't publish some comments from the players after the coach was fired, he's clearly a Boudreau fan.

But this comment from Zuccarello kind of confirms what players wanted, published by TwinCities.

“Obviously it’s no fun when someone loses their job,” Zuccarello said. “It’s just that sometimes change can be healthy. I think it’s been so far, so good, and the boys are responding well to him (Evason). We just need to win games.”

He probably didn't include it because it's one of the most boilerplate statements I've ever read.

Jaakarh

Aug 30, 2018

1. That is the jargon that every player says after a coaching change. They don't throw their new boss to whom they are playing under a buss.
2. Would not be a surprise if Zuccarello thought what he said, as he was not getting a large role recently, but that does not mean that other players shared his sentiment.
3. What players, and especially guys like Zuccarello who has given this team only a half season worth of disappointments, think should not matter a bit when thinking about firing a coach.
4. Get over with your Zucc-love.

P10p

May 15, 2012
I smell a bunch of internet posters who need to chill and realize that there is a lot more going on than what we get to know.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I put the Over/Under at 3 of actual people residing in Minnesota that would miss Zuccarello if he was fired into the sun this morning.

That’s a big under for me chief

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003

Oh give me a break...

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
100%

Honestly the fact that Zucc feels he holds weight in the locker room makes me want him gone even more.

Why so? He was an alternate captain for the Rangers, he's not afraid to speak if he feels something is wrong.

He is actually a big investment for this team, and the GM doesn't want a coach who drives him into the mud.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Why so? He was an alternate captain for the Rangers, he's not afraid to speak if he feels something is wrong.

He is actually a big investment for this team, and the GM doesn't want a coach who drives him into the mud.

He’s a nobody here. He’s done nothing for this team apart from being an anchor. He was gifted the most choice minutes and somehow underperformed his way out of them. I’d bet Leipold is having buyers remorse right now over that contract.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003

I'm sure the GM is more concerned with the fact that no matter where he's been in the lineup he has not performed.
Your perceptions of Zucc are completely off base here.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Zucc was used properly, he would be approaching Gaborik's franchise records. Isn't that clear by now?? :shakehead

Still waiting to find out what “used properly” means if not how he was being used the first four months of the season.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Step 1: Fire Boudreau
Step 2: 2020 1st + Fiala for Kreider
Step 3: Extend Kreider, 8 years for $7.5m
Step 4: Dumba for Stepan
Step 5: PROPER UTILIZATION

What about Zibanejad?

Status
Not open for further replies.