Confirmed with Link: Boucher: to return or not to return, that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I'm not worried that Boucher is necessarily a bad coach.

I'm worried that he's completely lost the room.
Well, I'm not a huge fan of this move, but you'd think Dorion would know after the exit interviews if the players wanted him back.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
He better have a short leash then. I hate his style of coaching.

And after watching how the Knights play all season, i hate his style of coaching even more.

Look i get wanting stability and not firing coaches every 2 years or so, but how he coaches will not bring long term success in todays NHL.

He better adapt or he can gtfo.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I won't bet against Boucher, I won't underestimate him. I think he's a smart man and understands hockey and players, and is ready to define himself as a top coach.

To me Boucher's brain is wired to be a successful NHL hockey coach, and a summer off to recharge the batteries and he'll be up and running next season full steam ahead.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This whole exercise made zero sense. Why leave Boucher to twist in the wind? Now all the players know management will can him at the first opportunity and he's basically a lame duck. Either endorse him right away but say you expect change or can him.
Dorion has so much to learn as a a manager. Its one thing to manage scouts .. His treatment of Boucher was brutal.. especially how public he made it.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
This whole exercise made zero sense. Why leave Boucher to twist in the wind? Now all the players know management will can him at the first opportunity and he's basically a lame duck. Either endorse him right away but say you expect change or can him.

Maybe they were waiting to see if other coaches got fired?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Dorion wanted to sack him, but Melnyk didn't want to pay another coach.
Then the whole meeting where Boucher "proves that he deserves to stay" can be used to sell hope.
That could be,,, maybe the whole staying going thing was not cleared with Melnyk... its possible for sure

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Dorion seems very bush league. To say he’s really handled the coaching situation poorly would be a tremendous understatement.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
No reason to throw Boucher under the bus in the meantime. All he had to do is say we were going to evaluate everything and then shut his pie hole.

Dorion doesn't know when to shut up.

He could've said "we're going to evaluate everything, including coaching." Instead he said, "If I hear rest is a weapon again I'll go crazy."

He could've said "we won't trade Erik Karlsson at the deadline." Instead he said, "Even Wayne Gretzky got traded."

He could've said "we'll do our best to re-sign Karlsson." Instead he said, "we'll offer Karlsson a contract if he's here on July 1st."

And he could have still given Boucher shit or explored Karlsson trades, but do it behind closed doors. Instead, he opens his big mouth and then complains about the media at season ticket holder town halls. All the distractions, all the controversy... it's his own doing.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

He could've said "we're going to evaluate everything, including coaching." Instead he said, "If I hear rest is a weapon again I'll go crazy."

He could've said "we won't trade Erik Karlsson at the deadline." Instead he said, "Even Wayne Gretzky got traded."

He could've said "we'll do our best to re-sign Karlsson." Instead he said, "we'll offer Karlsson a contract if he's here on July 1st."

And he could have still given Boucher **** or explored Karlsson trades, but do it behind closed doors. Instead, he opens his big mouth and then complains about the media at season ticket holder town halls. All the distractions, all the controversy... it's his own doing.

Bang on and when he stops talking and starts doing ... that's when you really have to worry

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
So with the talk about a rebuild / lineup tweak going into next season, the expectations aren't great with many of us saying the playoffs aren't likely. Sounds like the only way Boucher keeps his job is if the team over-achieves. Looks like his fate is sealed.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

And he could have still given Boucher **** or explored Karlsson trades, but do it behind closed doors. Instead, he opens his big mouth and then complains about the media at season ticket holder town halls. All the distractions, all the controversy... it's his own doing.
Hes terrible in interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->