Confirmed with Link: Boucher: to return or not to return, that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I wonder if "his coaching staff will be staying on" includes the goalie coach. I thought that Anderson and Condon's performance this year would have been enough to have us looking for a new voice on that front at the very least. We're locked into our goalies, so you got to try something imo.

Reactions: Deku

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
KK gone is such a massive win. relative to our current losses.
Really hoping for some nepotism and Mann to come in. That would be marvelous.

Interesting that Boucher is taking over the PP next year. Should finally find out if his reputation as a PP guy was actually earned or not.

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
One of the few here that called it, Boucher returning that is .......... but did think both assistants would be gone though.
I think a lot of posters wanted him gone, but suspected he'd stay due to a plethora of reasons. It's not like you were one of the only ones who predicted he would stay.

But whatever makes you feel good, i guess.

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
I hate the idea of a lame-duck coach.

Knowing how close Boucher was to being fired this spring, I have a hard time taking him seriously and all I have to do is watch the games. The players have to take orders from this guy, whose fitness for the job has essentially been under public scrutiny by management.

Ugh. Here's hoping for a miracle.

Edit: Wasn't Vigneault just fired? He seems like the type who might actually accept a job in Ottawa and has a pretty decent track-record between the Nucks and Rangers.

I don't know much about him aside from that he loves Tanner Glass and Dan Girardi (?).

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
KK was garbage and did nothing productive for this organisation. Glad he's gone. Whichever pylon here was defending him earlier in the week to me - thank u for being so incredibly pompous & confident in his ability.

Boucher won't last until christmas btw. Wish Dorion had the stones to give him the boot now.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I hate the idea of a lame-duck coach.

Knowing how close Boucher was to being fired this spring, I have a hard time taking him seriously and all I have to do is watch the games. The players have to take orders from this guy, whose fitness for the job has essentially been under public scrutiny by management.

Ugh. Here's hoping for a miracle.

Edit: Wasn't Vigneault just fired? He seems like the type who might actually accept a job in Ottawa and has a pretty decent track-record between the Nucks and Rangers.

I don't know much about him aside from that he loves Tanner Glass and Dan Girardi (?).

He's making 4 million bucks a year to sit at home an play Jenga until 2020. There's no way he throws that away for whatever fraction of his salary we are able to pay him.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Interesting that Boucher is taking over the PP next year. Should finally find out if his reputation as a PP guy was actually earned or not.

As the head coach should he not have been providing insight and recommendations immediately when his PP starting going south two seasons ago?? Not sure anyone should feel confident that him taking over will help.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
I expected this from all the reports, so I'm not too surprised or disappointed by this.

Right now I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel unless Melnyk either hits a major windfall of a few billion dollars, or he sells the team or at least sells a big portion of it.

If we let go of Boucher, we still have Dorion making moronic decisions up in the press box. If we fire Dorion, we still have our moron of an owner destroying this franchise.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
We can't keep firing the coach every season, its not Boucher's fault that Karlsson played like shit all season long and the goaltender could not stop a beach ball. Is Boucher perfect no, but at one point the players need to perform like they should.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Two good options for Belleville.

As the head coach should he not have been providing insight and recommendations immediately when his PP starting going south two seasons ago?? Not sure anyone should feel confident that him taking over will help.

He certainly should have input, and should have tried to right the ship. The PP was bad before Boucher arrived though, and there are some changes that happened that gave it temporary improvements, it's possible the short lasting hot spots had to do with Boucher, who knows. What I am sure of is that this year's PP will be based of his work this offseason, which means he has full ownership over it's success or failure. Should be interesting.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
We can't keep firing the coach every season, its not Boucher's fault that Karlsson played like **** all season long and the goaltender could not stop a beach ball. Is Boucher perfect no, but at one point the players need to perform like they should.

Sure, it's Karlsson's fault. Not the guy who implented the entire broken system that doesn't fit the talents of the players on the team.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We can't keep firing the coach every season, its not Boucher's fault that Karlsson played like **** all season long and the goaltender could not stop a beach ball. Is Boucher perfect no, but at one point the players need to perform like they should.

I agree, but at the same time, there were some obvious issues that needed to get addressed and weren't. Crawford was supposed to be the strong voice that could guide Boucher when things went adrift, and imo a more experienced GM could have provided some guidance/direction. Dorion could have pushed the practice issue and playing the rookies mid season instead of in the off-season, for example, Crawford should have been able to point the team away from going into the defensive shell so early (and in OT early in the season, what the heck was that, playing not to lose in OT was bizarre)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad