Confirmed with Link: Boucher: to return or not to return, that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Other teams figured out our system last year for various reasons. I'd argue that most teams could care less the way we played 2 years ago but this passed season everyone was talking about how we did it and teams knew what we were doing most games of 2017/2018.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
I'm fine with him coming back. I think there were a lot more problems this team faced this season than coaching. Some responsibility has to be on the players for not performing. Give Boucher another year and see if he can turn things around. I think he will.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why not ... it was a change for success with the team that year.

I think it's more about a defensive dman appreciating having the forwards help out so much with the defensive side of the game, and not feeling his offensive side is being stifled (because he doesn't really have one). But, yeah, being successful would have helped.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I really believe that the players like playing for Boucher, the fact that we had a bad season reflect more on the players then the coach imo. When your franchise player has the worst season of his career and your goaltenders are AHL caliber its hard to put the blame on the coach.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I really believe that the players like playing for Boucher, the fact that we had a bad season reflect more on the players then the coach imo. When your franchise player has the worst season of his career and your goaltenders are AHL caliber its hard to put the blame on the coach.

There was plenty of blame to go around this year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There was plenty of blame to go around this year.
Not towards the coaches though... didn't you see improvements in the way they played in the Dzone.. and the way the played on the PK ... and how about the PP...More Ozone time.. we killed it in there.. our Neutral zone play was more effective right?

me neither... excellent press conferences though... cuz they remind you how near miss they were every game

Reactions: Samboni

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Last Season (2017-18) , the team did not get the job done. The GM failed. The coaches failed. The players failed. Who is in charge of Hockey Ops? The GM. He failed big time as he hired the coaches and is responsible for getting the players.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Not towards the coaches though... didn't you see improvements in the way they played in the Dzone.. and the way the played on the PK ... and how about the PP...More Ozone time.. we killed it in there.. our Neutral zone play was more effective right?

me neither... excellent press conferences though... cuz they remind you how near miss they were every game
Boucher and Crawford cant stop the puck!!! Condon and Anderson were trash last season. Im telling you put Condon and Anderson with Nashville and they dont make the playoffs. they were that bad! hard to blame the coach when your goalies cant make a save!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Boucher and Crawford cant stop the puck!!! Condon and Anderson were trash last season. Im telling you put Condon and Anderson with Nashville and they dont make the playoffs. they were that bad! hard to blame the coach when your goalies cant make a save!

No question the goal tending did not stand up, but the all elements of the game that lead to high quality scoring chances against are not on the goalies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
If Boucher is doing anything other than studying how Gallant plays his team and not writing every detail down then hes a complete fool and wont be making to next seasons end.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
If Boucher is doing anything other than studying how Gallant plays his team and not writing every detail down then hes a complete fool and wont be making to next seasons end.

That's a good point, I'm sure he has and I suspect a lot of other teams must have taken notice too. It's really incredible that Vegas is 4 wins away from winning the Cup, it shows how important having a good coach and staff is.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We don't have the roster to play like Vegas does and be successful.

I'd love to have Dzingel score 43 goals but I ain't counting on it.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
We don't have the roster to play like Vegas does and be successful.

I'd love to have Dzingel score 43 goals but I ain't counting on it.

What did you (and pretty much everyone else) think of this Vegas roster in September 2017?

And maybe not Dzingle but Hoffman can score 43. I'm sure Stone could get pretty close to it too. The key thing is the good coaching and putting the right players in the right situation to succeed.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
We definitely lack some speed up front with Stone and Bobby. But i see no reason why we still cant play a similar style.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
That's a good point, I'm sure he has and I suspect a lot of other teams must have taken notice too. It's really incredible that Vegas is 4 wins away from winning the Cup, it shows how important having a good coach and staff is.

I credit Gallant with doing a great job as coach; however, I credit the Vegas GM for hiring him and obtaining the players that have the talent to play this game at such a high level.

I wish the Senators had an effective GM during the last 10 years.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
To be honest, it all comes down to work ethic. Both on the ice and in the gym.

And their D cores ability to close gaps and move the puck as well as anyone, its not just skating fast its playing fast. And to have a coach that believes in that style of play. Boucher literally coachs the opposite way that Vegas plays. Were going backwards, in every way imaginable in this organization.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad