Confirmed with Link: Boucher: to return or not to return, that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
The interim coach isnt very relevant imo.

You fire the coach because as an organization you dont accept being last place two seasons in a row - you commit to improvement which is something this coaching staff has done the opposite of

I dont think Boucher is good at anything. Yes some prospects have developed but I have seen Tkachuk Batherson Lajoie Paul and Harpur all regress with more time under Boucher.

Chabot is a superstar - he will be fine with any coach imo.

The only thing he is good at is talking about whatever disadvantage we have or advantage the opponent has before each game starts lol

Get this guy the f*** out because he has no business being a head coach at the NHL level. Start your search now

Few just accept we cant get any better than Boucher because Melnyk and Dorion have destroyed Hope's and expectations for this organization. Any component organization would have fired his ass long ago

Stop pulling at strings to keep a bad coach around. Dorion should do his damn job for once

Last edited:

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Vegas. Man, I would kill to have Gerard Gallant as a coach.

I love Boucher, good hockey head, but he is miscast as a NHL head coach (like Dorion who is miscast as a GM but is a great scout), he should be an assistant, in charge of the Powerplay for example. Basically, we have 2 assistant coaches and a guy (Raymond) that probably shouldn't be there (like Randy Lee when he got promoted); plus a GM who should be the director of scouting.

You can't cheap out in management, coaching and goaltending* in the NHL, the parity is way too high. That's what Melnyk did and that's where we are today. You needed a future after Murray passed away and everything felt apart.

* I mean, money was invested in goaltending but both contracts were mistakes

I agree with literally everything you said here. Bravo. Especially Gallant.

A guy cut from the same cloth it seems like is Kirk Muller. I wasn’t sold on him originally based on his stint way back when with Carolina but that roster was severely flawed. He was also very young, and still is relatively speaking, but in the last few years has had guys like Julien and Hitchcock to draw from. I’d be more than willing to give him a shot if we let Boucher go. Continuing with the Gallant parallel, he was actually let go by Columbus a long time ago. Sometimes giving a guy a second chance can really pay off.

Last edited:

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
I’m a fan of Boucher and think he is developing the young players well and that will show out long term with the rookies and guys like Chabot.

I’d like to keep him, but it’s be tough to sell change his summer, so probably a coaching change and it’s understabldable.

But IMO Boucher’s best coaching years are in front of him.

I agree...would be nice to see what he could actually do if he had something resembling a talented team to work with. I continue to fail to understand what people expect when you barely have an AHL defense core.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I agree...would be nice to see what he could actually do if he had something resembling a talented team to work with. I continue to fail to understand what people expect when you barely have an AHL defense core.

You mean last years talented group that he drove into the ground forcing a complete change or direction with this organization? Or did you miss that part

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

He has 2 rookies on each PP unit, 2 rookie Dman at times on his PK unit.

His goalie is 114 and asked for a trade. His 2 star players want out - and fans are freaked out he’s not playing Nic paul enough because they are worried on missing out on a 4th Line LW when Tkachuk, White, Lajoie, Chabot, Jaros, Wolanin, and the kids like Batherson, Balcers have all looked good

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Time to bring him back. He's turned rookies into stars with a team first mentality before!

220px-Jacques_Martin_2013-10-05.JPG

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
You mean last years talented group that he drove into the ground forcing a complete change or direction with this organization? Or did you miss that part

That's your opinion...I don't share it. If you don't think the chemistry and locker room went completely off the rails last year that's fine..but it did. Dorion may be dumb but he still has to protect his job...if Boucher was responsible and had lost the room he wouldn't have been back this year...the fact that he is still here tells me it was a player issue and not the coaching.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Last year the goalie was so bad. I think we loose 30 games by one goal. This year too. Trade Ceci Anderson Boro and Smith and we battle for a playoff spot. You have to trade for Talbot or check for Brossoit

Reactions: Cloud

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
That's your opinion...I don't share it. If you don't think the chemistry and locker room went completely off the rails last year that's fine..but it did. Dorion may be dumb but he still has to protect his job...if Boucher was responsible and had lost the room he wouldn't have been back this year...the fact that he is still here tells me it was a player issue and not the coaching.

Yeha that's fair to agree to disagree. Coaches job is to manage his players and the performance of them - he coached a team with talent and ended up in the basement.

And Dorion is dumb, even worse he's managed by a crazy owner. The decision to keep Boucher has no merit on his talent as a coach - he coached to a 30th place finish with talent and now is the coach of the worst team in the NHL.

Short shelf like coach proven twice..Time for him to go.

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
After 50 games, last season, with EK65, Hoffman and the rest ..... Ottawa had 43 points, with 17 Wins in Regulation

After 50 games this season, without EK65, Hoffman etc ..... playing a rookie on every line and every defensive pairing (for the most part) ...... Ottawa has 43 points, with 19 Wins in Regulation.

Average attendance at the CTC last season was 15,376
Average attendance so far this season 14424
A difference of 952.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
After 50 games, last season, with EK65, Hoffman and the rest ..... Ottawa had 43 points, with 17 Wins in Regulation

After 50 games this season, without EK65, Hoffman etc ..... playing a rookie on every line and every defensive pairing (for the most part) ...... Ottawa has 43 points, with 19 Wins in Regulation.

A difference of 952.

I totally agree. Boucher can't win with a good team or bad. He's just a bad coach.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

A difference of 952.
What's average paid attendance this season compared to last season?

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

A difference of 952.

Everything is going great everyone!! We are as bad as last year and all our rookies are performing above expectations it's amazing.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Couldnt win in the playoffs,but as a coach for the X,s and O,s he was really good

He didnt get any goaltending or clutch scoring but thats an entire other discussion. I dont think he is the right person for the job, they need a modern and forward thinking coach especially with how young the team is going to be. Montreal is good because of a complete change in strategy and mind set Ducharme has come in and changed everything. All speed, attack and puck pressure all over the ice as a unified 5 man unit. Thats how you win in todays NHL. They did it right from the start of the season it didnt matter if you were a veteran or not the best players play. As you can see from the sens most recent game against Arizona that is not the case here.

Boucher should be fired now, I dont want Crawford around either an interim coach that is going to reward icetime for the players that are playing their best that night. My biggest issue with Boucher outside of the 11-7 is he never identifies early who is going in a game and who isnt, thats what I want from a coach. A guy that understands the players on his bench, you gotta ride the guy that has the legs that night shouldnt matter if he is supposed to be a 4th liner or first liner you see a guy playing get him his icetime. These are all NHL players (for the most part) if a guy is feeling it he needs to see the ice.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He didnt get any goaltending or clutch scoring but thats an entire other discussion. I dont think he is the right person for the job, they need a modern and forward thinking coach especially with how young the team is going to be. Montreal is good because of a complete change in strategy and mind set Ducharme has come in and changed everything. All speed, attack and puck pressure all over the ice as a unified 5 man unit. Thats how you win in todays NHL. They did it right from the start of the season it didnt matter if you were a veteran or not the best players play. As you can see from the sens most recent game against Arizona that is not the case here.
I would also like a coach that will hold players accountable,thinking this is a problem for every team though...Take Lucic in EDM,I would bag skate the snot out of that waste of space,and make him understand that being paid also means you need to provide something of value

Reactions: JungleBeat

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Crawford is the logical choice to finish the season. Veteran head coach, will have respect of the players.

I'd be ok with this as a temporary measure only. Maybe Crawford's Full Metal Jacket drill sergeant routine scares the players into playing just well enough to deny Colorado a lottery pick, until they inevitably tune out his screaming.

Reactions: topshelf15

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I'd be ok with this as a temporary measure only. Maybe Crawford's Full Metal Jacket drill sergeant routine scares the players into playing just well enough to deny Colorado a lottery pick, until they inevitably tune out his screaming.

Yea, idk about Crawford. I've heard he's a complete head case.

I feel like there's a reason he and Boucher didn't have NHL jobs prior to signing with the Sens.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

A difference of 952.

And we're a team!

Reactions: branch

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Everything is going great everyone!! We are as bad as last year and all our rookies are performing above expectations it's amazing.

It's also exciting that we'll be rewarded for our success with another top pick, just like last year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad