Speculation: Boucher: to return or not to return, that is the question [Part 2]

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
And here I was worried no one would watch enough ducks games to comment on Carlyle as a coach! So...of the ducks games you've seen this season (in person or on tv), what about his coaching style leads you to this definitive opinion?
Quick question, where did Caryle coach prior to the Ducks?

Reactions: Fenix Rises 2026

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Imagine you’re a coach and your highways paid player is your least motivated player - Boucher has done an incredible job getting Ryan’s game to a respectable level from where it was before he took over.

He benched Ryan for a game, called him out and pushed him and is getting the best out of him.

What Boucher is doing with Ryan is a credit to his coaching. He’s motivated a player who 78 coaches in Ottawa couldn’t even get to do his summer workouts.

Boucher - "Bobby my boy I know your mom just died but if you start working harder I will give you almost as many minutes as Tom Pyatt"

Ryan - " I never thought of it that way, I will start training tomorrow!"

Is that delusional enough for you? Boucher gets zero credit for the glimpse of positity left in this dumpster fire. To act like he some how remotivated Ryan is a joke. Ryan was tarred and feathered walking around Ottawa in 2017 and was very depressed. He won that physcological battle himself and hasnt had so many hand injuries as of late (knock on wood)

Reactions: BondraTime and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Imagine you’re a coach and your highways paid player is your least motivated player - Boucher has done an incredible job getting Ryan’s game to a respectable level from where it was before he took over.

He benched Ryan for a game, called him out and pushed him and is getting the best out of him.

What Boucher is doing with Ryan is a credit to his coaching. He’s motivated a player who 78 coaches in Ottawa couldn’t even get to do his summer workouts.

Your reaches i regards to Boucher and Ryan are unfathomable.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Boucher - "Bobby my boy I know your mom just died but if you start working harder I will give you almost as many minutes as Tom Pyatt"

Ryan - " I never thought of it that way, I will start training tomorrow!"

Is that delusional enough for you? Boucher gets zero credit for the glimpse of positity left in this dumpster fire. To act like he some how remotivated Ryan is a joke. Ryan was tarred and feathered walking around Ottawa in 2017 and was very depressed. He won that physcological battle himself and hasnt had so many hand injuries as of late (knock on wood)

But not too hard

Reactions: HF Reader

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I said this in the game day thread but I'll add it here:

I feel a little bad for Boucher and the defenseman he's had to use since taking over. He was able to get the most out of a mediocre defence group in 2017 consisting of a top 4 of Karlsson, Methot, Phanuef, Ceci in 2017. Since then aside from Karlsson last year and Chabot this year the defence have been a revolving door of fringe NHL players. Claesson, Harpur, Borowieki, Wideman, Jaros, Lajoie, Demelo, Falk. It's been brutal to watch and that is on Dorion. Absolutely terrible.

I say that with no disrespect to Jaros, Lajoie, and Demelo who have performed well for the role they've been asked play.

Boucher has his faults but watching Ceci and Harpur trying to make simple D to D passes tonight where they fumble the puck, chip it off the boards and cause a turnover... Boucher cant be teaching these guys how to cradle a pass in practice; that's what a coach teaches in atom hockey.

Reactions: Cloud and Crosside

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

I feel a little bad for Boucher and the defenseman he's had to use since taking over. He was able to get the most out of a mediocre defence group in 2017 consisting of a top 4 of Karlsson, Methot, Phanuef, Ceci in 2017. Since then aside from Karlsson last year and Chabot this year the defence have been a revolving door of fringe NHL players. Claesson, Harpur, Borowieki, Wideman, Jaros, Lajoie, Demelo, Falk. It's been brutal to watch and that is on Dorion. Absolutely terrible.

I say that with no disrespect to Jaros, Lajoie, and Demelo who have performed well for the role they've been asked play.

Boucher has his faults but watching Ceci and Harpur trying to make simple D to D passes tonight where they fumble the puck, chip it off the boards and cause a turnover... Boucher cant be teaching these guys how to cradle a pass in practice; that's what a coach teaches in atom hockey.
And don t forget the goalie was garbage last year and this year

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

Yet Boucher tends to play the worst players on our team in crucial times of the game.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Should have just cleaned house at the break, it's going to happen next season anyways. might have well had a head start with an interim coach or something.

Changing the GM makes more sense right now. The coaching is not as high a priority now. A new GM should be given time to make roster and prospect adjustments now and to get new coaching and other staff in place in the off-season.

Reactions: robsenz and RaMai

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Boucher wants to keep the game 0-0 and win it on a dump in from center

Boucher has changed his approach this year with the team actively sending 2 players into the O-zone to forecheck, which has been a major improvement. However, he needs to go. I would wait until the off-season when more potential coaches would come available. The one major change that is needed ASAP is a new GM. A new owner would be nice too asap.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah, without Melnyk gone I don't think it makes much difference

I think good coaching can make a difference; but is it insufficient on its own. We need a good GM too; but that also is not enough. I would like to see a well-healed owner too.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Boucher deserves credit for being the only person in the organization that has to speak to the media on a daily basis. While PD is hiding out in Orleans, Boucher has microphones shoved in his face everyday and now he is the only one that has to answer the questions regarding the UFAs. I hate Boucher as a coach, but we all have to admit that everyday he comes out and tries to be as positive as possible amidst the gong show going on.

Reactions: Smeddy

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I think good coaching can make a difference; but is it insufficient on its own. We need a good GM too; but that also is not enough. I would like to see a well-healed owner too.

That's true, but if we had a good GM Boucher wouldn't be the coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad