Speculation: Boucher: to return or not to return, that is the question [Part 2]

Tranq

Dec 13, 2008
Panthers fan here, my question is if the management is not willing to sign and retain good players, is that the coaching staff fault? I mean you are going to be rebuilding so what expectation from the coach do you have?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Panthers fan here, my question is if the management is not willing to sign and retain good players, is that the coaching staff fault? I mean you are going to be rebuilding so what expectation from the coach do you have?

To develop young players and put them in positions where they can learn and succeed and develop, which the current coach has historically shown a significant resistance to doing.

Reactions: Cosmix and billpo

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
To develop young players and put them in positions where they can learn and succeed and develop, which the current coach has historically shown a significant resistance to doing.
I want Boucher canned for different reasons, but hard to criticize the development of Chabot, Tkachuk and White under his watch. Jaros to a lesser extent. My issue has more to do with strategy, stubbornness and deployment of players like the vets on this team, and those that have been trade out

Reactions: Cosmix

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I want Boucher canned for different reasons, but hard to criticize the development of Chabot, Tkachuk and White under his watch. Jaros to a lesser extent. My issue has more to do with strategy, stubbornness and deployment of players like the vets on this team, and those that have been trade out

It's possible those players are developing in spite of Boucher and not because of him.

Regardless though, to that Panthers fan, expectations were really low entering the season and somehow Boucher has failed to meet them. That's a pretty big indictment on GB.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Seeing the Ducks move had me imagining of the entertainment of a similar situation happening but instead with Eugene stepping behind the bench, putting aside the inevitable and unimaginable further damage he would assuredly cause in this fantasy land thought to both the city, team and players, and having given up on the possibility of non worse case scenarios occuring moving forward I feel that is the kind of entertainment this fanbase deserves to finish off the year...sort of like a treat for sticking with the dumpster for so long!

Reactions: bert and Smeddy

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I can't excuse the horrible strategy of laying off the gas every time we have a lead. Boucher should go. Carlyle anyone?

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I want a coach that sees what we have in prospects and says “hell yeah!” The Sens need a great coach who can develop players. Not some guy struggling to stay in the league, overplaying 4th line scrubs because they’re trusted to not make mistakes.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Coach Q is the dream

AV also

Really need someone to set the tone of a new team building towards the playoffs. Needs to instill a winning culture in the youth

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Omg if Carlyle gets anywhere near this team I swear to god. Luckily we probably can't afford him.

I'd love a respectable veteran to replace Boucher if he gets let go, but I can't really think of any out there right now (other than Q who definitely won't come here). I guess I hope we end up with an up and comer but after the last 5 coaches I'm weary of choosing anyone who's inexperienced.

At the end of the day I'll be fine with any coach that plays the young guys and makes the games somewhat entertaining.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I want a coach that sees what we have in prospects and says “hell yeah!” The Sens need a great coach who can develop players. Not some guy struggling to stay in the league, overplaying 4th line scrubs because they’re trusted to not make mistakes.

Who was the last bottom 6 forward this team produced?

Give Boucher some decent players.

I have a lot of respect for Boucher and belive he’s a good coach, and in a solid organization woh leadership, the support and the work ethic to win, he’s be a top NHL coach.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

I have a lot of respect for Boucher and belive he’s a good coach, and in a solid organization woh leadership, the support and the work ethic to win, he’s be a top NHL coach.

Gotta say JG Pageau. And hes 26.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Gotta say JG Pageau. And hes 26.

Its crazy - Boucher has lost EK, Methot and his top pairing from the ECF run, his 2 centres in Turris and Brassard. His goalie is 114 years old, and the Sens can’t even find him 12 forwards to fill out his bottom 6 and the guy gets slammed constantly.

The players are sticking together and the enthusiasm in the drsssing room is good. All credit to Boucher

Reactions: Crosside

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

You also think Chiasson is better than Bobby Ryan.

Youd think after 2 straight years of being the worst team in hockey that trying to re-invent the wheel and play 11-7 would make such a smart guy think that it probably doesnt work. Not Guy he aint changin. Smarter than everyone else who cares what the results say!

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Its crazy - Boucher has lost EK, Methot and his top pairing from the ECF run, his 2 centres in Turris and Brassard. His goalie is 114 years old, and the Sens can’t even find him 12 forwards to fill out his bottom 6 and the guy gets slammed constantly.

The players are sticking together and the enthusiasm in the drsssing room is good. All credit to Boucher

Yeah he lost players because he drove a talented team into the bottom of the standings forcing a rebuild.

Get Boucher the f*** away from the players. Who gives a shit about having fun- learn how to play at the NHL level. This guy has no clue and should have been fired in the summer.

Shot shelf life coach. Bye bye Boucher

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Hat and bert

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Guy is toast....But the real question should be is who would be next,we know EM wants it to be on the cheap...So that kinda of limits us moving forward

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
You also think Chiasson is better than Bobby Ryan.

Youd think after 2 straight years of being the worst team in hockey that trying to re-invent the wheel and play 11-7 would make such a smart guy think that it probably doesnt work. Not Guy he aint changin. Smarter than everyone else who cares what the results say!

Imagine you’re a coach and your highways paid player is your least motivated player - Boucher has done an incredible job getting Ryan’s game to a respectable level from where it was before he took over.

He benched Ryan for a game, called him out and pushed him and is getting the best out of him.

What Boucher is doing with Ryan is a credit to his coaching. He’s motivated a player who 78 coaches in Ottawa couldn’t even get to do his summer workouts.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
I think we could be surprised to see experienced coaches entertain the possibility of working with great young talent on the rise. Bottom line though, is that EM won't pay an upper echelon coach the money they would expect. Looks like another up and comer like a Sheldon Keefe or a desperate ex-nhl coach looking for any job, anywhere just to get back in the game.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Terrible idea.
And here I was worried no one would watch enough ducks games to comment on Carlyle as a coach! So...of the ducks games you've seen this season (in person or on tv), what about his coaching style leads you to this definitive opinion?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->