Confirmed with Link: Boucher fired

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
They must be looking for someone even more inept to lead them to the last place promised land.

Announced on TSN1200 and by the Sens.

Reactions: billpo

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
What a flaming, steaming, disaster.

One of the only worse options is Crawford.

Say hello to 20 games of misery Chabot, Jaros, Balcers, and everyone else under 25.

Reactions: Bean Drown

R2010

May 23, 2011
Hmm. Kyper had it ahead of the insiders. Either way - timing is weird but he keeps playing vets > youth so I can see why.

Reactions: BigCanadian

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Not that I loved all his moves, but the talent level was horrid and the meddling probably worse.

If he had to go then Dorion really, really, really has to go.

Reactions: h2owned

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
OTTAWA - Ottawa Senators (@Senators) general manager Pierre Dorion announced today that head coach Guy Boucher has been relieved of his duties and Marc Crawford has been named interim head coach, effective immediately.
"I want to thank Guy for his three years of service. He is a good person and has been an excellent representative of the Senators. At this point, however, we need a different set of coaching and leadership skills to guide our team through this rebuild," said general manager Pierre Dorion. "In the interim, Marc will bring a different perspective along with a wealth of head coaching experience."
In tandem with an evaluation of our current coaching staff, we will conduct a search for a new head coach following the season. We will be looking for a coach who excels as:
  • A teacher who will focus on the development and growth of each player on the team;
  • A listener who encourages feedback from players and the coaching staff;
  • A communicator who lets every team member know where they stand and what is expected;
  • A tactician who brings structure and game planning that will enhance our rebuild.
Crawford, a 58-year-old Stanley Cup winning coach, is in his third season as a member of the Senators coaching staff in 2018-19. With 18 seasons of National Hockey League coaching experience, he has served as an NHL head coach for 1,151 games.
Marc and his wife, Helene, reside in Cornwall, Ont., and have two children, Dylan and Kaitlin.

Reactions: h2owned

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Hodor. "Hole dee door" Crawford... insert graphic from GOT here --> x (w plenty of zombies trying to smash thru door)

Reactions: Back in Black

Westsyde

Jan 7, 2019
Hopefully they can somehow hire quenville, or Alain vigneault. I know I probably butchered their names but, y’all know what I’m talking about. Lots of good coaches out there to hire right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->