Line Combos: Bottom 6

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
I think Coach and Murray need too make some changes and I believe it starts within the bottom 6 by adding Size and Sandpaper. This team was harder too play against when we had Big Body type players in the bottom 6 ..energy type guys

Players I would take out ..Condra Regin Kassian

Players I like in .. Cowick Stone Grant all 6'3 2'00 pounds plus

Conacher Zibanejad Silfverberg 1st line -Are best line

Lats Turris Alfie 2nd line- Mostly cause Turris needs 2C fitting

Greening Grant Stone 3rd line- Big Body Net Drive

Cowick Smith Neil 4th line -Sandpaper Grit

Last edited:

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
I think Coach and Murray need too make some changes and I believe it starts within the bottom 6 by adding Size and Sandpaper. This team was harder too play against when we had Big Body type players in the bottom 6 and in the Line up

Players I would take out ..Condra Regin Kassian

Players I like in .. Cowick Stone Grant all 6'3 2'00 pounds plus

Conacher Zibanejad Silfverberg 1st line -Are best line

Lats Turris Alfie 2nd line- Mostly cause Turris needs 2C fitting

Greening Grant Stone 3rd line- Big Body Net Drive

Cowick Smith Neil 4th line -Sandpaper Grit

:facepalm: yeah, Turris needs a 2C fitting so Zibanjad, Conacher and Silfverberg can really show their NHL experience against top matchups.

Lets also call up more AHL players and sit our best PK guys

Bob Kudelski

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa, ON
Kassian is just an enforcer, so it's really just a matter of strategy whether or not he's in the lineup. I agree he could ideally be replaced by someone who can actually play, but the teammates seem to like having him around.

Regin is a solid all-around player who can fill in on the top lines, but I agree he is not ideal as a bottom six guy, but I still think he's an NHLer.

Condra has earned a permanent spot in the line-up as he is a very good all-around player.

As for Stone, Grant and Cowick.. I guess Stone and Grant could step up to the big leagues any day now, but neither can replace Kassian's role. I don't know if Cowick will ever be good enough for the NHL.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
:facepalm: yeah, Turris needs a 2C fitting so Zibanjad, Conacher and Silfverberg can really show their NHL experience against top matchups.

Lets also call up more AHL players and sit our best PK guys

Are best PK guys hmm ..Regin Kassian Condra

Both Grant and Cowick have a combined 8 shorthanded goals in Bingo both very good PK players

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Makes no sense that one of our most reliable and hard workers,Condra, is rotting on the 4th line playing so little

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Kassian is just an enforcer, so it's really just a matter of strategy whether or not he's in the lineup. I agree he could ideally be replaced by someone who can actually play, but the teammates seem to like having him around.

Regin is a solid all-around player who can fill in on the top lines, but I agree he is not ideal as a bottom six guy, but I still think he's an NHLer.

Condra has earned a permanent spot in the line-up as he is a very good all-around player.

As for Stone, Grant and Cowick.. I guess Stone and Grant could step up to the big leagues any day now, but neither can replace Kassian's role. I don't know if Cowick will ever be good enough for the NHL.

Regin stats this year ..27 games 0 goals 3 assists and -4.. not solid

Condra maybe his role is not too be noticed ..But my choice was him or Greening ..And Greening brings more too the table

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Greening and JOB have more goals combined then the other 4 ..Thats a soft bottom 6 so if there soft and cant score why have them there ?:help:

Ok there mr tough guy. Smith is one line 3 and Neil on 4 thats plenty we need skill

take a peek

Mar 4, 2007
Agree with whoever said it above.

Neil to the 4th, unless needing some hits/stir it up bump him up to 3rd some shifts.

Condra up to the 3rd, pretty snake bitten with not much finish, but much better on forecheck, controlling puck, doing at least something with it.

Insert Kassian, JOB, Regin, or call up as needed for specific game.

If Kassian cannot be relied upon to do his protecting duties, sit him. Last night Gonchar and Zib were getting run for most of the game, exactly why you have someone like him, for protection. But for whatever reason he did not play, nor did he tune anyone when he did.

That was the most disappointing/frustrating part of the game for me, even though it was close game and refs were calling a bunch of little stuff and stick work, they were definitely letting the late hits, after whistle punches, marginal hits go...Sens needed to step up there...gotta have Zib and Gonchar feel protected and the other team know they are off limits for cheapshots.

dpw

Jul 29, 2004
Regin stats this year ..27 games 0 goals 3 assists and -4.. not solid

Thanks Nizzy for poiting this out.

So sick of fans riding Regin's 3 goals against the Pens 4 years ago, still beleiving he's a solid player. He belongs in the danish league. Useless

Please let this guy walk Murray.

Milan the God*

No way Condra gets taken out of the lineup. He's a PK beast and a huge reason why our penalty kill is elite this season.

Also, just because we have the Calder Line as the top line doesn't mean they draw the top pairing. The coaches would put the top defenders out against L-T-A.

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
Is there a particular reason why O'Brien isn't a consistent member of the lineup? He isn't the greatest player but I feel he provides a god spark for a bottom 6 player. Maybe I just have a bit of a man crush but I like his simple game because it seems to generate a handful of chances every game.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
condra, regin, kassian > stone, grant, cowick

at this point in their careers. in a year or two that will be completely different. this is the best we got right now.

ShoShaun19

Mar 30, 2012
Ottawa
What is with all the Regin love?? I still don't get it...what has he shown? He has 0 goals, 3 A. How does he belong on a top line? In the 2010-2011 season he had 3 goals, sorry but that is no top line player.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
contrary to popular belief, size does not equal toughness.

the only toughness added from cowick, grant, and stone is cowick. none of them are nhl ready, so i have no idea why you'd want to put them in over condra, a great defensive player, and regin, who is a great two way player that has shown flashes of skill. taking kassian out is something we should do against teams that don't require as much muscle anyway. at this point, you're probably very slightly adding toughness and taking away skill by making this swap.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
contrary to popular belief, size does not equal toughness.

the only toughness added from cowick, grant, and stone is cowick. none of them are nhl ready, so i have no idea why you'd want to put them in over condra, a great defensive player, and regin, who is a great two way player that has shown flashes of skill. taking kassian out is something we should do against teams that don't require as much muscle anyway. at this point, you're probably very slightly adding toughness and taking away skill by making this swap.

Its not all about fighting and yes they can all fight ..They bring what bottom 6 needs SIZE with Scoring ability Net presence

Yes Condra plays great defense he has 2 more goals then Kassian who avgs 6 mins a night and Kassian has played 27 less games ..

Kassian has more goals then Regin

Regin is horrible

Cowick Stone Grant 6'3 200 plus pounds all have a nose for the net.

Saying they arent ready is a cop out you dont know till you try

People didnt think some of the guys that are playing now werent ready

3 of are top scorers are Rookies

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Its not all about fighting and yes they can all fight ..They bring what bottom 6 needs SIZE with Scoring ability Net presence

Yes Condra plays great defense he has 2 more goals then Kassian who avgs 6 mins a night and Kassian has played 27 less games ..

Kassian has more goals then Regin

Regin is horrible

Cowick Stone Grant 6'3 200 plus pounds all have a nose for the net.

Saying they arent ready is a cop out you dont know till you try

People didnt think some of the guys that are playing now werent ready

3 of are top scorers are Rookies

not talking about fighting when i say toughness, i'm talking about toughness. only cowick is tough out of those three players you mentioned. grant isn't really a fighter, stone is absolutely not a fighter, so no, they can't all fight either.

i don't know why you're compare goals for condra and kassian. you'll have to explain that one for me.

i don't know what games you're watching, but regin almost always looks good when he plays. he brings energy, skill, defensive play, and is great on the cycle. he's been winning faceoffs too. what's that? he's not putting up points? if you can't see he's creating chances out there, i don't know what i can do for you.

nose for the net is important, but i think our players are underrated in that respect. they just have to be told to go there and they will.

i thought wier, benoit, and silf were for sure ready for the nhl. zibby was injured too much to make decide on him from my point of view. what i'm saying here is i've watched the bingo games. if more people did, they'd know who is ready and who isn't. stone is close, grant is getting close, but could still be a bit away (i think he has a pretty good chance of making it) cowick will need a few more years and may never make it.

our top three scorers are not rookies. conacher, turris, and gonchar are our top scorers. conacher doesn't count, so next in line is alfie. nice try.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
not talking about fighting when i say toughness, i'm talking about toughness. only cowick is tough out of those three players you mentioned. grant isn't really a fighter, stone is absolutely not a fighter, so no, they can't all fight either.

i don't know why you're compare goals for condra and kassian. you'll have to explain that one for me.

i don't know what games you're watching, but regin almost always looks good when he plays. he brings energy, skill, defensive play, and is great on the cycle. he's been winning faceoffs too. what's that? he's not putting up points? if you can't see he's creating chances out there, i don't know what i can do for you.

nose for the net is important, but i think our players are underrated in that respect. they just have to be told to go there and they will.

i thought wier, benoit, and silf were for sure ready for the nhl. zibby was injured too much to make decide on him from my point of view. what i'm saying here is i've watched the bingo games. if more people did, they'd know who is ready and who isn't. stone is close, grant is getting close, but could still be a bit away (i think he has a pretty good chance of making it) cowick will need a few more years and may never make it.

our top three scorers are not rookies. conacher, turris, and gonchar are our top scorers. conacher doesn't count, so next in line is alfie. nice try.

Meaning Kassian and Condra dont produce meaning Kassian almost has almost as many goals as condra with 27 less games there both USELESS

Cowick Stone Grant all can drop the gloves and play big body 3rd liners that we need.. I guess we are watching different team cause your out too lunch ..Stone can fight so underrated for the game night fan here is example he beat the **** out this guy :help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxEl4vnfVfs

Regins sucks man 0 goals since last year minus player ..Your not making sense ..He is all around unemployed after this season

I said 3" of are" top scorers are rookies ..Not "our" 3 top :help:

"our players are underrated in that respect" Once again I believe your confused ..

Last night 2-1 vs Tampa we needed to score only one player tried too screen 6'7 Bishop ..That was 5'7 Conacher..there so underrated cause no one does it ..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad