GDT: Boston vs Vegas (guess who has more bets) 7pm NBCSN

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Yeah sure, they don't really care if they win.

I didn’t mean that literally. It was hyperbole. I was referring to the inability to finish off good scoring chances in critical moments.

The team had opportunity after opportunity to take the lead in the 3rd, in OT, and in the shootout. It was a pretty good effort but the team couldn’t make a play to win the game and never had the lead.

And why can’t this team score in a 4 on 3? The same thing happened in the game at Tampa Bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nevada Jones

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'm surprised by the negativity.

That was a great game against a very hot team. I see nothing to really complain about other than some missed passes.
It’s frustration mainly. On the whole I liked the effort. What I didn’t like was how many times we missed the net, and it being yet another game this team failed to score more than 2. Halak was excellent but the number of shots that missed the net is inexcusable. The team can not continue to spin it’s wheels. We need to string some good games and some wins together.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It’s frustration mainly. On the whole I liked the effort. What I didn’t like was how many times we missed the net, and it being yet another game this team failed to score more than 2. Halak was excellent but the number of shots that missed the net is inexcusable. The team can not continue to spin it’s wheels. We need to string some good games and some wins together.
Two good games out of the last three. Two of the best they’ve played this season, IMO. Only three points out of them, but I’d rather that then luck into two points in a game with the standings as they are.

I slept through Colorado, but apparently that was crap. Missing that may temper my negativity.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Two good games out of the last three. Two of the best they’ve played this season, IMO. Only three points out of them, but I’d rather that then luck into two points in a game with the standings as they are.

I slept through Colorado, but apparently that was crap. Missing that may temper my negativity.

The team is dominant in possession stats and if you put aside the goals for and against, along with the Sharks they are clearly the best team. Now of course goals scored and allowed are the most important stats, but since this is the NHL those stats really don't matter as much until the playoffs. Now unfortunately we might have to play the Sharks in round one, but I think the panic around this site is a joke. Luck evens out, you really hope the downside of luck happens at this time of year.

Even in a game everyone calls horrible in Colorado, they were not dominated by any means. Getting 40 shots on net is not a terrible lazy effort as some wanted to call it. One bad play, one great pass and a lucky bounce go in and somehow that's a bad team effort?

Just funny everyone wants to call Ken out for being bad at hockey analysis when most people in here should look in the mirror if they want to see a bad hockey mind.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

The team has still lost 9 of the last 12 games and failed to get points in 8 of the last 12. Some of the same weaknesses keep showing up. Only 2 goals in this game, 0 goals in the last game. One positive difference in the last 3 games is we are allowing fewer goals, which is something the team was doing earlier when things looked much better.

This is the most positive forum I’ve ever seen in a situation like this. If a team loses 9 out of 12 I normally see fans ripping on the team, coach, or individual players a lot more.

You’ll see fans demanding players get traded, fans calling for the coach to be fired and discussing replacements, fans calling the best players on the team chokers, and even threads filled with fans rooting for the team to tank. Fans will also say the team has no chance in the playoffs. I don’t see many of those types of comments here.

I haven’t seen many posts from panicked fans in here begging the team to make a major trade to shake things up (which would be a panic move). If anything it’s the opposite.

Last edited:

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Next game is at home against Winnipeg. They have lost 6 of the last 8 and 3 in a row, including losses to Colorado by scores of 4-1 and 7-1. Win that game and I’ll be feeling pretty good about this team.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Not to mention every time we lose it's because "their goalie was excellent", Turk remarked on him always saying that after a loss in the post-game interview. At some point you have to wonder if it's on every goalie playing great, or it's Vegas not fully capitalizing on chances.

As for the shootout, I'd like to see Stastny get an opportunity or two.

Next game is at home against Winnipeg. They have lost 6 of the last 8 and 3 in a row, including losses to Colorado by scores of 4-1 and 7-1. Win that game and I’ll be feeling pretty good about this team.
Feels like we lose every game like that against a slumping team.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Many actually.

Vegas 2.9
Buffalo 2.8
Vancouver 2.8
NYR 2.8
Detroit 2.8
Minnesota 2.7
Edmonton 2.7
Arizona 2.6
Dallas 2.5
LA 2.4
ANA 2.2

Initially I was just gonna say Anaheim but I looked it up just to make sure.

What do all those other teams have in common?....

Other than Dallas, they're all fighting for draft position rather than a playoff spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad