GDT: Boston Vs Carolina - Jan 28 @ 7:00 at Carolina Part II

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Gotta say Krejci was perfectly positioned and Ward fully expected the shot to come from Dougie. Defense didn't even notice Krejci all by himself and seemed to also expect the shot from Dougie.

Krejci's shot was beautiful too. Great way to win the game.

I'd have to look at it again to make sure but the ONLY person on that ice (including Bruins players) that wasn't looking at Dougie for the shot, was Krejci. (And Lucic who's back was to the play :) )

We talk about what a heads up play it was for Dougie for that pass, but it was a great play by Krejci too. Didn't get mezmorized thinking it would be an automatic shot. Made himself available for the pass.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
I agree.

If that line is not producing offense off of transition, then they're not producing offense. They have not been great in the O-zone when it comes to creating sustained pressure. The Krejci line is going good right now, but there might come a time when Claude has to put one of those big bodies (Horton or Lucic) on the wing with Bergy and move either Seguin or Marchand alongside Krejci.

One reason why it would be interesting to bring up Paille on the 3rd line....him and Kelly along the boards....

Lucic should stay on the top line but Horton could play with Bergeron and Marchand and Seguin could actually play with Lucic and Krejci.

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
Paille-Kelly-Peverley
Caron-Campbell-Thornton

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
http://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/status/296091803210358784

Claude Julien on Tyler Seguin's empty net goal: "That's why he was out there [to score an ENG]. It certainly wasn't for his board work."

:laugh:

Oh damn! That's some rare Clode snark right there :laugh:

Hopefully Tyler got the message and will bring a little extra tonight versus the Devils. I'm thinking that he thinks he can get away cheating a bit away from the boards and focusing on picking passes and getting open.. but that won't fly nor should he think that should fly on this team.

sirmaxalot

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Dougie! Dougie! Dougie!

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has the clip of the crowd from the BOS/NYI game here the crowd just chanted "Dougie" for a minute? That was worth a post.:yo:

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
One reason why it would be interesting to bring up Paille on the 3rd line....him and Kelly along the boards....

Lucic should stay on the top line but Horton could play with Bergeron and Marchand and Seguin could actually play with Lucic and Krejci.

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
Paille-Kelly-Peverley
Caron-Campbell-Thornton

I could see that working.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

You knew it was coming.

But in Segs defense, there was a shift in the offensive zone where he battled 2 defenders and won. He canceled out one guy w/ the body, and out worked the 2nd guy, chipping it down to Marchand.

Perhaps after CJ let him know he wasn't pleased.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
David Clarkson ‏@DavidClarkson23
Big game tonight!!!! Can’t wait to drop some Bruins tonight … #SwarmItUp

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
can't remember the last time Bergeron looked that pissed off.

Savard hit maybe?

Both Bergy and Lucic were pretty pissed off when Horton got that cheap shot in the SFC. The looks on their faces (Chara's too) was frightening.

Bergy is certainly no drama queen so you know Skinner did something.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
David Clarkson ‏@DavidClarkson23
Big game tonight!!!! Can’t wait to drop some Bruins tonight … #SwarmItUp

Says the tough guy who was knocked out on his feet by a 19 year old Lucic.

I hope he reads twitter.

You mean the guy that had Lucic tied up and defensive for 98% of that fight? He hit Lucic around 4 times before that Lucic whallop.

I had a daydream yesterday of having Clarkson on the Bruins third line. :)

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has the clip of the crowd from the BOS/NYI game here the crowd just chanted "Dougie" for a minute? That was worth a post.:yo:

I put a clip up of when they played teach me how to dougie I can put up what you requested if u want.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
You mean the guy that had Lucic tied up and defensive for 98% of that fight? He hit Lucic around 4 times before that Lucic whallop.

I had a daydream yesterday of having Clarkson on the Bruins third line. :)

I'd love Clarkson. But you don't win fights much cleaner than that, sorry. Lucic lands on the button, and the only thing keeping Clarkson up is Lucic. Who graciously stops b/c he recognizes this.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd love Clarkson. But you don't win fights much cleaner than that, sorry. Lucic lands on the button, and the only thing keeping Clarkson up is Lucic. Who graciously stops b/c he recognizes this.

Got that right, Clarkson barely grazed Looch in that one, if Looch was a dirtbag, he would have continued to punch him.

like most, I like Clarkson too, plays the game right

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
end of period, rushin for brewskies

there was never any need to rush for brewskies in those days. :laugh:

Especially if you did what me and my cronies would do routinely by sneaking into the green club seats where the waitresses would welcome you with open arms.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012

My God, look at the empty seats. I remember when Tha Gahden was line that. :laugh:

Kaoz*

You knew it was coming.

But in Segs defense, there was a shift in the offensive zone where he battled 2 defenders and won. He canceled out one guy w/ the body, and out worked the 2nd guy, chipping it down to Marchand.

Perhaps after CJ let him know he wasn't pleased.

It's all about consistency. Got too used to European hockey.

I'm one of his biggest fans but skill only takes you so far. Now it's time to show the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad