GDT: Boston Vs Carolina - Jan 28 @ 7:00 at Carolina Part II

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Claude's comment about Seguin made me laugh.

Marchand and Seguin are struggling on the boards. There's been times they've been hemmed in their own zone entire shifts. Other times in the offensive zone they get thrown around. This speaks right to Colt's thread.

CJ isn't afraid to say what's what, that's for sure.

Congrats to Coach Julien, btw. Now 3rd in wins by a Bruins coach.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
looked like a very dirty slewfoot by Skinner, Bergeron had a tough game physically and didn't need that to end the game

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Marchand and Seguin are struggling on the boards. There's been times they've been hemmed in their own zone entire shifts. Other times in the offensive zone they get thrown around. This speaks right to Colt's thread.

Just sounded extra snarky that's all. He needs to work on it even more.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Not a twin. 1 year older than Dougie.

Any Bergeron/Skinner clips?

Yeah I knew that. I was poking fun at the canes announcers who said that he had a twin brother.

As for skinner, I wish Bergeron would have pummeled him. If Marchand did that (and he has) I guarantee the league would be dishing out a suspension for a slew foot or a fine at the very least.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
If Marchand did that (and he has) I guarantee the league would be dishing out a suspension for a slew foot or a fine at the very least.

Marchand would have definitely been suspended.

Bergeron was mad-he is usually very even tempered and not so easily provoked.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Claude made an interesting post-game comment re Seguin and the effect of playing on the bigger ice during the lockout.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2013/01/hamilton’s_here_stay

"Winger Tyler Seguin had just one assist in the first four games before getting an assist and an empty-net goal last night. The Bruins believe he is still adjusting to the smaller NHL playing surface after spending the lockout on the far-bigger rinks of the Swiss league.

“I think so,” said coach Claude Julien. “When you’ve got a wider ice surface to work with, you can spread off and take off. You’ve got more ice to work with. And (Swiss) teams, because of the bigger ice surface, may be a little more passive. When you give Tyler the time, he going to make some plays. It’s a little tighter here and a little bit more aggressive. He’s having to make that adjustment
."

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
In watching the Carolina 3rd goal in which I thought Hamilton bailed , I was incorrect . It was Sidenberg who was back there and adjusted to the wrong man on the Kelly ' GAFF '
............. much like mine :)

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
it was appropriate that 46 got the GWG. He had a monster game. Sure would have loved a 2nd shorty out there between all the chances that Pevs and Kelly got.

Khudo did a stellar job between the pipes (other than a couple of brain farts that are totally forgiveable). I heard last night on the wireless that CJ wants to ideally split the workload as 30 games Tuuk and 18 games Khudo. That's a good plan to shoot for and 35's performance last night gives CJ the confidence to implement it with no 2nd thoughts.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital

I agree.

If that line is not producing offense off of transition, then they're not producing offense. They have not been great in the O-zone when it comes to creating sustained pressure. The Krejci line is going good right now, but there might come a time when Claude has to put one of those big bodies (Horton or Lucic) on the wing with Bergy and move either Seguin or Marchand alongside Krejci.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->