GDT: Boston Vs Carolina - Jan 28 @ 7:00 at Carolina Part II

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Common guys ease up on Kelly. We all know his game will get going soon. The one that I don't know about is Bourque.

I think the criticisms of Kelly have been fair, and pretty accurate. By the same token, so have the compliments of his PK play. He's been pretty bad even strength, and made a couple of bad plays that have led to goals. But he has been outstanding on the PK. I hope you're right that he'll get his game going soon. He could also be a casualty of the lack of a preseason and camp.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
this guy to Dougie Hamilton after that pass to Krejci:

4876696414_d3f62d18be_z.jpg

Mully

Oct 7, 2008
Halifax, NS
Seeing angry Staal-face in the box at the end of the game made my night.

Looking at the replay of Bergy-Skinnergate, it looks like Skinner slewfoots Bergy behind the net. Too bad there is no footage of the altercation though.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
Ya I totally agree Kelly hasnt been good but he will be ok as will pevs who was very good tonight. If you leave out goaltending the only place this team downgraded was 3rd line wing with bourque . Just for the record Ray Bourque is my favorite player of all time but Im not sold on the offspring. He hasnt produced much offense and thats his only strength, he pretty well lacks in every other area.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Seeing angry Staal-face in the box at the end of the game made my night.

Looking at the replay of Bergy-Skinnergate, it looks like Skinner slewfoots Bergy behind the net. Too bad there is no footage of the altercation though.

That guy has the biggest helmet in hockey. You'd think he was going to get shot out of a cannon, or jump snake river canyon in that thing.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I've seen some people say Khudobin looked like Thomas, but from what I saw, he plays a more controlled game than Thomas.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Gotta say Krejci was perfectly positioned and Ward fully expected the shot to come from Dougie. Defense didn't even notice Krejci all by himself and seemed to also expect the shot from Dougie.

Krejci's shot was beautiful too. Great way to win the game.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Horton's best game of the year. Brilliant move on his goal and had Ward beat again during the winning goal sequence.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Didn't he make the save? Or did it hit the post?

If the NHL had a trophy for most posts hit during the season I swear Horton would win this running away.

Got a lucky bounce of the post because it pretty much went right to Dougie and Ward and the defense all expected the shot to come from Dougie and Krejci sniped that pass right by Ward.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Just went back and looked at the video-definitely hit the post and bounced out to Dougie.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Sigh of relief after that one. I thought the Bruins made the game a lot closer than it needed to be. Too many momentum-killing penalties.

Pevs had a nice game. I was rooting for him to pop in the game winner.

Ward stacked the pads several times throughout the game. Nice to see Horty was paying attention.

Seguin broke the seal. The flood gates have opened.

Dougie........'nuff said. Gee, I hope they don't send him back to Niagara (insert sarcastic smiley here....I'm on my phone).

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Great win, but a mixed bag tonight. Let me lead with the bad and ugly first. Bourque and Thorton are killing this team's momentum.....The third and fourth lines are not getting the puck deep and they are hurting the team.

The good include Khudobin, Chara, Dougie and especially Horton, who looks just great and faster than I have ever seen him. The rest of the guys from Marchand to Lucic to Bergeron were a mixed bag. On to tommorow night, onward and upward or something like that.

It's not time yet, still early and guys should get a few more games to gel, but I would like to see MacDermid get a chance over Thornton if he keeps making 2-3 bonehead plays in his 6-8 mins of ice time. He's toughness is a important, but MacDermid might be able to bring similar, along with more youthful energy and maybe just some sound simple hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad