GDT: Boston Vs Carolina - Jan 28 @ 7:00 at Carolina Part II

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Looking at that replay of the 3 on 2 before Seguin's ENG, it looks like Skinner arm bars Bergeron behind the net and takes him to the ice as Bergeron was trying to skate around him to get into the play.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I know Kelly made a horrible play that led to a goal, but he was outstanding on the kill, especially the 5 on 3 with Bergeron in the box.

Kelly has looked awful 5 on 5 so far this season, but he has been outstanding on the PK and he plays the point on a 5 on 3 PK very well (good thing with Bergeron in the box). I will give him kudos for his PK but he needs to find his 5 on 5 game and soon.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
He looked great in my opinion. His rebound control was a little scary at times, but solid overall.

What was scary was him playing the puck in the "forbidden zone" as if he didn't know he couldn't. :laugh: He could have challenged Skinner a little more, but that's nitpicking.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
What was scary was him playing the puck in the "forbidden zone" as if he didn't know he couldn't. :laugh: He could have challenged Skinner a little more, but that's nitpicking.

True. I thought it might be a long night after that fiasco.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The thing I've been most impressed with when it comes to the play of Khudobin is how instinctual his positioning is. I noticed that in the limited time I saw him last season, and tonight was no different. The guy is able to quickly move laterally and be in the proper spot even when he has someone trying to screen near the crease. We are very lucky to have such a fine backup in a shortened season where the games are so close together. Rask and Khudobin are going to help get us far.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
If you look at the replay, Skinner dragged Bergeron down in a way to try and make it look like Bergeron actually pulled him down. Not sure what happened after that though.

Yes we do...

"Bergeron is just BEATING on Skinner" - Jack Edwards

Apparently there were some lefts, too. Skinners face looked bright red.

:laugh:

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Hamilton is quickly looking like he could end up being the most valuable player from that draft class. And believe me I don't say things like that lightly.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002

Kelly will be fine. Aside from tonight I dont think he has been terrible at all. And, as noted, he plays great on the PK.

For tonight...great, great win. Backup goalie against a team we usually suck against. We came out flying, finished strong and played hard on the road. Very good win.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
99 out of 100 rookies don't even consider passing the puck in Hamilton's spot. Magnificant! Savvy would be proud. :handclap:

The Krejci-line was outstanding tonight. Great game by Krejci and I'm glad he rewarded himself with the GWG.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Oh and take away plus for tonight:

The Canes can't sweep the series this year-one embarrassment from last year averted.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Kelly needs to be a little more creative with his shot selection. If he had taken his time he could have had an easy goal off a rebound in front of Ward ( I think it was in the 2nd ). Instead he just shoots it right in his pads. He's playing excellent defensive hockey though... both he and Peverley. They just need to get going offensively a bit and I think the obvious answer is to upgrade that third line left wing spot. Bourque is playing hard but IMO someone with a little more size, two way play, and grit would make that line go. I'd really like to see them give Lane Mac a shot.

Schalkenullvier*

Wow, Not to get ahead of ourselves (which I plan on doing with this post, but whatever)... But man, dougie...

You know many of my friends here in Germany dont like hockey because in their eyes it is a game too much influenced by bounces, a game that is built more on hope (get it to the net) than planning, a game that lacks creativity. And they are somewhat correct. Not that it took less skilled, but Hockey certainly is a game that compared to say, soccer, is very much worked rather than played.

The bruins have Great skill in their Top 6, but they're still workers (except krejci). Even seguin is about speed, being direct and shooting more than a slower, more strategic passer.

When you watch dougie though, you can See that he plays the game rather than working it. He's smart, has the vision and seems effortless in his passing. Such a sublime Player, really a pleasure to watch. Krejci is similar, but if there's One Player on the b's that I'd use to Show someone that Hockey is a game to be played, it's dougie.

I also Love that we still call him "dougie" :laugh: After the draft many Said as an NHL player he'd have to go with "Doug", but dougie seems much more familiar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad