Pre-Game Talk: Boston @ Toronto - Saturday Jan 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hopefully Andersen is back for this one.

I'd imagine everything else will stay the same from last night.

Expecting a big win here.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
If we lose. That's it. It's over. It'l be the end. We will need to look for a new interest/hobby/love affair going forward.

If we lose. The Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club as we know it will be finished. Never to come back.

Better win.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Please just win in regulation that’s all. 4 point game. If you can’t show up for these games then what games would you show up for?

Would like to see how Nylander does against tight checking teams. Hope he gets on the board; don’t care much about HDCF% or CF% etc.....

Just score Willy; rack up the points

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Remember when Pat Quinn totally squashed Yashin that playoff series by using Corson to completely neutralize him?

Someone show Babs that video and then show him Pastrnak vs. Leafs highlites.
We don't have a Corson type though ... big strong and average speed ... we got faster guys but lacking big and strong

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Remember when Pat Quinn totally squashed Yashin that playoff series by using Corson to completely neutralize him?

I sure do, who's our Corson?

Reactions: coupe93

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

Leafs also got away with a ton of obstruction and some dirty plays. It was a different time, tactics have changed and it's all about speed now.

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010

It’s not just Pastrnak tho, it’s that whole line. We’ve never been able to completely shut them down

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Leafs also got away with a ton of obstruction and some dirty plays. It was a different time, tactics have changed and it's all about speed now.

Oh for sure. You have to have speed and hustle and grit and never-give up attitude to cover Pasta in today's NHL. Who wants the job on the current team? Who could do it best?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I heard that's Babs plan to line match Tavares against Bergeron but we will see. I think Hyman could do it but he has not had that type of role before.
Boston will counter with Chara as much as they can against against Matty.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Just gotta outscore Pasta. So probably only need 5 or 6.

Would he a perfect game for Nylander to break out. 2 goals 2 assists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->