Boston or Toronto: Who are you rooting for/against?

Boston or Toronto: Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
There is an amount of respect that allows Bruins-Habs encounters to become classics. We did damage, they did damage. As much as they mutually hate each other, there is a sense of acknowledgement that this is a worthy opponent. Past, present, and future, before the old gods and the new. The eternal foe. every series against the bruins is like a thing in itself, like a mini-stanley cup. You hurt them more when you can, they do the same. Vengeance without an end. There is something utterly romantic in that, under all that hate.

The leafs are only some sort of paper champions and their arrogance has been laughable for such a long time. They are playstation fans. They look at their lineup and they mouth breathe heavily. They finished what 5 pts in front of us and yet all I can hear is how other teams can't compete with them. Respecting your opponent is what made Ovy lift the cup. He finally got in ''the zone''. I would love Toronto to get spanked because that's what they deserve wholeheartedly. I really like marner, but I can't stand the rest of that lineup.

Last edited:

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
What a faulty poll you should have the choice of neither. Why would a Hab fan root for another team especially a rival team.

Reactions: Forum93

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
There is an amount of respect that allows Bruins-Habs encounters to become classics. We did damage, they did damage. As much as they mutually hate each other, there is a sense of acknowledgement that this is a worthy opponent. Past, present, and future, before the old gods and the new. The eternal foe. every series against the bruins is like a thing in itself, like a mini-stanley cup. You hurt them more when you can, they do the same. Vengeance without an end. There is something utterly romantic in that, under all that hate.

Well put. There's a resemblance between both franchises. We're conditioned to hate each other due to the passion in fighting for the same piece of cake and while you often see the worst side of both parties, deep down you have to respect each other's history and dedication to win. I'm not really rooting for the Bruins, but we have more in common with them than the Leafs and I'd pick them over the latter any day of the week.

Boston is a fun city with plenty of sports culture, which is respected by a lot of people over here (plenty of Sox, Pats and Celtics fans in Montreal). Toronto is just plain boring. And Leafs fans and media are just insufferable.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Hoping Boston curbstomps them in embarrassing fashion. Then sit back and watch the TSN and Sportsnet pom-pommers cry until the end of the playoffs how unfair it was that the playoff format forced the poor oppressed Leafs to face mean Boston in the first round.

And then the B's get sick on tainted champagne prior to the second round where they, too, get gonged in short order by Tampa.

Reactions: Runner77

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Bet 50 $ on boston. Ill also have to wear a leafs jersey for a full hockey tournament in 3 weeks if leafs win.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
539E76E9-6817-4D3D-89E4-5240C64D0970.jpeg

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Don't really care and won't be watching. But hopefully whoever loses does so on the most embarrassing or heartnreaking way possible. Mostly beacsue of annoying Bruins and Leafs fans in my life.

I do have a small bet with a coworker that the Leafs will win the same amount of playoff games as the Habs so there is that.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
I can never cheer for Boston, I seen all the playoff battles between Montreal and Boston and I will always hate them lol. Anyone but Boston please win.

Reactions: JoeDrouin

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
They are both our historical bitches. f*** them both.

Hey toronto, watch a Habs series with the Bruins to figure out a way to eliminate them.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

jedimyrmidon

Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
I've grown to dislike the Leafs because the media constantly roots for them and shoves the team down the rest of Canada's throat. You would think the Leafs were playing some random southern US team last Saturday based on the HNIC intermissions. 75% of the stories on TSN, Sportsnet are about the Leafs, the remaining 25% for Canada's other teams.

Poehling gets a hat trick + shootout winner in his NHL debut - it's relegated to 5th headline within a few hours in favor of Jake Muzzin returning to practice, Babcock talking to Matthews or whatnot. If it was a Leafs player, it would be the 1st headline for the next day with 3 or more articles to follow on the rest of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->