TSN: Boston not willing to go more than 6x6.5 for Krug

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
I think you have a misinformed view of how wealthy people manage their money. How they invest is more important than a 15% variance in the dollar amounts. Front-loading alone on a six-year deal would easily overcome that, even at a modest rate of return.

Lol sure thing. I think you think because people have money they don’t understand the value of it. I guess he will sign for 600,000 a year because he is savvy and only wants to invest he doesn’t need to earn more nor does he care about money.
How do you know if he is offended personally or not that they don’t “value” him like they should ? You don’t
Anyway this is going nowhere you are just going to keep saying I know nothing and people don’t care about money(like all people are the same)
Do you have an idea what he thinks he is worth and what is the minimum he will sign for? Nope
Sure he might not care and he might stay for “whatever” but you have no idea about what any “wealthy people” think and they all have different opinions on things...something else you don’t seem to grasp

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
Ugh, I’m not getting sucked into the taxes conversation. Rhetorically, I ask you to look at the contracts of the other Florida team with the same state taxation levels.

I am not sure how you can say leaving your home for more money when you don’t actually receive more money does not effect what current players sign for.
And look at Florida they have no forwards making over 6, and they have 2 guys making over 7 one was a UFA that came a running for the cash. It’s not a good example of anything

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Not sure I agree it's fair considering he gave them a real sweetheart deal before this. Deserves to cash in.

He took a discount to play on a competitive team for sure. He likely should of gotten 6 last time or 6.5ish. But it wasn’t an omg what a steal deal.

Players like him have to really remember that Boston plays a system which brings out the best in him. Playing in that top 4 is great for him. If he goes elsewhere he may realize he’s better as the second or third best guy. Taking a big contract will bump him up and I don’t think he’s “the guy”. He’s more of great complimentary player on a good D with a great team structure.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
Hoping the Bruins dont re-sign Krug. Great PP player but trending down and too small and not strong enough defensively to realistically be in a contending team’s top 4 much longer. Whoever signs him long-term will regret it in 3-4 years.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Might as well name the thread "Boston only willing to offer bad contract, not completely terrible contract"

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
But he's been underpaid all his career.
People keep saying this... But I think he's been paid exactly what he's been worth. A very good player, especially at the offensive side of the game. But not quite up to snuff on the defensive side, and it's apparent when teams exploit it.

Dudes made career of over 27 million. While I understand yea, maybe he could have milked another couple million out of it, he's basically set for life in North America if he doesn't live an extravagant lifestyle if he never played a game again.

Anyways, if he wants his money, someone will give it to him, I just hope it's not the Bruins. And I actually like him as a player. Just not a good investment overall for the team taking up that percentage of the cap.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Dang
I thought that’s what he would get in free agency.

i would have thought Boston’s offer would be in the 5’s

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
That's $3 000 000! Man, I wish I could shit on $500 000 a year like you.
To say nothing about an extra year if its a team like Detroit throwing money at him, and Boston wont commit beyond a certain number of years. Especially when a 36 year old UFA Krug is probably not going to get anything close to making up for an extra year at 7M.

He really has been underpaid for a player of his stature, and this is the last chance saloon for a massive deal. I wouldnt blame him at all for taking the biggest offer, especially if it came from "home"

Keep him out East though so Pittsburgh’s in the lottery
Huh?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Thats a big deal. Is Krug a #1D? I don't know... Seems pretty fair to me. If he likes Boston I think he should take it.

I hope he doesn’t.

Krug is not anywhere close to a top pair Dman on a contender
Boston needs to improve, not stay the same

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I hope he doesn’t.

Krug is not anywhere close to a top pair Dman on a contender
Boston needs to improve, not stay the same

I meant fair for Krug. If this was my team I don't think I'd like that contract at all.

The fact that's not good enough is a little surprising, as if he thinks its a normal year. Considering the flat cap; If you like your team and you get 90-95% of what you want, why not take it?

Maybe he'll go to market & see that other teams aren't about to pony up 7-8 mill then circle back to Boston.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
He was undrafted and underpaid his entire career. Aside from a Cup he has won plenty and been a leader on a contender.

I think it is fair for him to chase a big contract now. He is elite at what he does after all... if he decides to come back he is most welcome.

in 523 career games he has made 28 million dollars... thats what? more than 50 thousand dollars a game? each game he makes more than I do in an entire year... but obviously we arent comparing hockey players to people like me

28 million career earnings for 7 full seasons when hes never averaged more than 21.5 min of icetime in a single season... is not above average defender 5x5... is pretty much useless on the PK...

its been an average of 4 mill a year as a middle pair defender... that actually is not underpaid.

but... get what you can get I guess. If he doesnt mind april golf and wants to spend his remainder of his career on a non-contender let him turn his back on an OBSCENE offer. It actually makes me ill in my mouth to imagine we might ink him to this deal. I pray to god for our sake he chases the extra 500k a year and goes to Detroit.

he grew on me the last couple years... he does seem like a fun good guy... if he just wants to go home and play for his favorite team I wish him no ill will. but im not going to be crying over his abuse up to this point. He had a chance to play for the best team of the decade with a lot of great teammates. he did his job and he was paid.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad