News Article: Boston media dreaming about having PK Subban with the Bruins

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Boston hates Subban the same reason we hated Lucic for so long. They're good. It's players like Marchand and the boneheads on the Bruins defence like tough guy McQuaid wanting to fight Lars Eller, Chara skating the ice to attack Emelin, Ference, etc. The stupidity of Thornton and Julien too is infuriating.

People hate Thornton and Campbell too, you're gonna argue they're good?

People hate Lucic because he's a big body that always goes against guys he knows he can handle, and refused to go against Laraque.

Muminek

Jan 20, 2012
"In defeat, Bruins, Julien define themselves" as whining babies. Seriously, some Habs dive, there is no question, but Bruins dive too, Julien, and every other fricking team in every fricking league on Earth. What gives you the right to single out the Canadiens you weepy loser. And Bruins fans have the temerity to call out Vingenault when their own coach is a massive *****.

end rant

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
People hate Thornton and Campbell too, you're gonna argue they're good?

People hate Lucic because he's a big body that always goes against guys he knows he can handle, and refused to go against Laraque.

Don't get me wrong. I think Lucic is an idiot. He's a clown, he's proven it time and time again with the things you mention. But he's a top six forward on nearly every team. Slightly overhyped by media clowns and his idiotic antics which get applauded by people who don't understand or appreciate good hockey. But he has abilities as a hockey player.

He's the closest comparable I can find when trying to understand when Bruins fans rip Subban. He's annoying, you'd rather play with him than against him (though I'd puke for days if Lucic was a Hab). Thornton and Campbell are embarassing. They are Julien stooges and both would have trouble cracking any other good team's lineup, especially Thornton. That guy is a ****ing moron, he's a waste of time to even think about.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
They have a huge statue of guy taking a dive right outside their arena.

Pure gold :laugh:

IMG_5757.JPG

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
All fanbases get worked up about games and situations, but only the stupid fans will say that they wouldn't take a star player on their team, or any type of player for that matter.

I hate Marchand but I would love him on our team because the other teams would hate him as much as I do.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Who cares about the Bruin's? I'm tired of hearing/reading it tbh. When a team has been completely owned like them for nearly an entire century, they're going to be butt hurt about it. Montreal is the king of hockey, I'm not going to let a bunch of idiots dictate to me how the game should be played.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Don't get me wrong. I think Lucic is an idiot. He's a clown, he's proven it time and time again with the things you mention. But he's a top six forward on nearly every team. Slightly overhyped by media clowns and his idiotic antics which get applauded by people who don't understand or appreciate good hockey. But he has abilities as a hockey player.

He's the closest comparable I can find when trying to understand when Bruins fans rip Subban. He's annoying, you'd rather play with him than against him (though I'd puke for days if Lucic was a Hab). Thornton and Campbell are embarassing. They are Julien stooges and both would have trouble cracking any other good team's lineup, especially Thornton. That guy is a ****ing moron, he's a waste of time to even think about.

I think skill is unrelated to why people hate Lucic, that was my point with Thornton.
Lucic could be a 4th liner people would still hate him as much. The guy is a dirty player. I mean, you saw what he did to Miller right, who does that seriously..??..
That's why people hate Lucic, he's dirty, big, strong and tough to beat. Him being a top 6 changes nothing, at least not to me.

The hate towards Bruins have towards Subban is because he was a pest. He was in your face, and talked a lot of crap. At the same time, he dishes out some solid body checks. So, because of that, he's a target. But the problem with PK being a target is that he's extremely tough to hit.
Apparently he embellishes too...

Anyways, all this to say, I don't think skill has anything to do with why Lucic is hated.

Analyzer*

Pretty sure we all hate Lucic, but would drool like a caveman if we got him.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Pretty sure we all hate Lucic, but would drool like a caveman if we got him.

My dislike for Lucic as subsided these past couple of years. I still rag on the guy simply because he plays for the Bruins.. :) If he played in the West somewhere Hab fans would probably hardly talk about him around here.

Every team in the NHL would love to have the guy and I'd love having him on the Habs.. Starting next season with a price tag of $6M per for the next 3 years he'd be quite expensive though. But if he continues putting up 25-30 goals and 60 points along with his hitting and abrasive style he'd be worth every penny.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Been waiting ages to reference this video about the the relationship PK and Price may share. Sure there may be stereotypes involved, but it somehow embodies the moxy they share. Just my .02

Add the recent victory, I know Price was not in net, to this thread title and I thought it may fit.

Seeing the couple in the car, as our front office, may send you over the edge :laugh:

If it is too much of a stretch please delete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFG6RTLy1_M

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
“Tonight, as everybody saw, there was a lot of embellishment,†Bruins coach Claude Julien said after the game. “This is embarrassing for our game, the embellishing. Right now, they’ve got over 100 power plays so far. It’s pretty obvious why. We’re trying to clean that out of our game. It’s got to be done soon. Because it’s not about tonight. It’s about the game. The embellishment embarrasses our game. We’ve got to be better about that. It’s pretty obvious when P.K. [Subban] gets hit, he throws himself into the glass and holds his head. You know what? We start calling those things for embellishment, maybe teams stop doing it. Until we take charge that, it’s going to be an issue.â€

Claude, I could kiss you.

Like everyone else, I wonder what kind of player Subban might be outside of the gutless culture of Montreal hockey. His talent is undeniable, one Bruins fans can equate to the likes of Peyton Manning of sorts. You love to hate him, but at some level you would salivate to have him on your squad.

source: http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2013/03/in_defeat_bruin.html

To me its kinda funny how most people in the league see him as the next big thing but people in MTL are not convinced.

So he's a gutless, POS who's destroying the game because he plays with the Habs but.... put him on the Bruins and we'd kill to have him on our team. Gotta love Boston :shakehead

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Pure gold :laugh:

IMG_5757.JPG

Can one of our photoshop wizards change the "The Goal" to "The Dive?"

I feel that post needs more love and even some exposure on twitter. Can we get that over to Marinaro or Dave Stubbs so they can troll the Bruins some more? :laugh:

Sent it to Bruce Arthur, his reply:

Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur

you take that back said Boston

Carter IV

Jul 9, 2010
Toronto,ON
as a leafs fan, its scary watching your pp with subban. He moves the puck well and has a hard shot. He reminds me of a more developed of our own Jake Gardiner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad