News Article: Boston media dreaming about having PK Subban with the Bruins

Lozela

Nov 11, 2010
“Tonight, as everybody saw, there was a lot of embellishment,†Bruins coach Claude Julien said after the game. “This is embarrassing for our game, the embellishing. Right now, they’ve got over 100 power plays so far. It’s pretty obvious why. We’re trying to clean that out of our game. It’s got to be done soon. Because it’s not about tonight. It’s about the game. The embellishment embarrasses our game. We’ve got to be better about that. It’s pretty obvious when P.K. [Subban] gets hit, he throws himself into the glass and holds his head. You know what? We start calling those things for embellishment, maybe teams stop doing it. Until we take charge that, it’s going to be an issue.â€

Claude, I could kiss you.

Like everyone else, I wonder what kind of player Subban might be outside of the gutless culture of Montreal hockey. His talent is undeniable, one Bruins fans can equate to the likes of Peyton Manning of sorts. You love to hate him, but at some level you would salivate to have him on your squad.

source: http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2013/03/in_defeat_bruin.html

To me its kinda funny how most people in the league see him as the next big thing but people in MTL are not convinced.

PricePkPatch*

I will tell you a little secret about Boston;

Their players dive. A lot, and they LOVE IT. But their diving purpose isn't to draw penalty; it's to get a Casus Belli to go and start roughing up anybody on the opposing team; playing the intimidation card.

It suits their purpose to have some of their players go to the ground; Lucic is then "justified" to go pound on one of our player.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
How they complain about our players, while Marchand plays on their team is laughable...

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
“Tonight, as everybody saw, there was a lot of embellishment,†Bruins coach Claude Julien said after the game. “This is embarrassing for our game, the embellishing. Right now, they’ve got over 100 power plays so far. It’s pretty obvious why. We’re trying to clean that out of our game. It’s got to be done soon. Because it’s not about tonight. It’s about the game. The embellishment embarrasses our game. We’ve got to be better about that. It’s pretty obvious when P.K. [Subban] gets hit, he throws himself into the glass and holds his head. You know what? We start calling those things for embellishment, maybe teams stop doing it. Until we take charge that, it’s going to be an issue.â€

Claude, I could kiss you.

Like everyone else, I wonder what kind of player Subban might be outside of the gutless culture of Montreal hockey. His talent is undeniable, one Bruins fans can equate to the likes of Peyton Manning of sorts. You love to hate him, but at some level you would salivate to have him on your squad.

source: http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2013/03/in_defeat_bruin.html

To me its kinda funny how most people in the league see him as the next big thing but people in MTL are not convinced.

If they feel like that Bruins should have made an offer to Subban when he was holding out

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
I will tell you a little secret about Boston;

Their players dive. A lot, and they LOVE IT. But their diving purpose isn't to draw penalty; it's to get a Casus Belli to go and start roughing up anybody on the opposing team; playing the intimidation card.

It suits their purpose to have some of their players go to the ground; Lucic is then "justified" to go pound on one of our player.

They have a huge statue of guy taking a dive right outside their arena.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I stopped reading after "the gutless culture of Montreal hockey". Just another butthurt sore loser from the Boston media who can't accept a loss against the Habs.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I stopped reading after "the gutless culture of Montreal hockey". Just another butthurt sore loser from the Boston media who can't accept a loss against the Habs.

Agreed, we should stop hanging on every word the Boston media has to say - it legitimizes their views and opinions.

Sorry guys, I'm gonna start drinking so I can be "fun" WhiskeySeven in time for tonight's game.

Davebo*

Agreed, we should stop hanging on every word the Boston media has to say - it legitimizes their views and opinions.

But - it's hilarious! :sarcasm:

It's also been an eye opener. They are every bit as bad as the Montreal media can be - but even more delusional.

Mully

Oct 7, 2008
Halifax, NS
But - it's hilarious! :sarcasm:

It's also been an eye opener. They are every bit as bad as the Montreal media can be - but even more delusional.

B's fan coming in peace.

After reading some of these articles, I wonder if I was watching the same game as these people.....lol.

Anyway, I agree with one thing, I'd take Subban in the Black and Gold in a second.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
I`m sick of these Boston threads (no offense OP) but who really gives a s hit about these people

Boston is a classy city but the bruin fan base acts like a bunch of trailer park drunks.

stop giving them attention they don`t deserve it.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
“Tonight, as everybody saw, there was a lot of embellishment,” Bruins coach Claude Julien said after the game...

Strangely enough, the bolded part is the only thing that really ticks me off. Claude, who the **** are you to decide what everybody saw. And Claude, who is "everybody"? And while I've got your attention Claude, why don't you shut the **** up? One last thing Claude: why don't you try to find a mirror big enough for your whole team? You might be surprised by what you see.
I don't mind the frustrated Bruins after a loss, in fact I love it because it means we've done things right and won the game. But please Claude watch Makaveli's video. Even if edited, it wreaks of truth.

Bye.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Strangely enough, the bolded part is the only thing that really ticks me off. Claude, who the **** are you to decide what everybody saw. And Claude, who is "everybody"? And while I've got your attention Claude, why don't you shut the **** up? One last thing Claude: why don't you try to find a mirror big enough for your whole team? You might be surprised by what you see.
I don't mind the frustrated Bruins after a loss, in fact I love it because it means we've done things right and won the game. But please Claude watch Makaveli's videos. Even if edited, it wreaks of truth.

Bye.

Obviously not the ones sitting right behind him :sarcasm:

claude-1.gif

Fatso.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Claude is always so prissy about the Habs. I think he is really butthurt about Montreal firing him.

I always felt that firing was wrong tho, it really was Jose Theodore who cost CJ his job, not bad coaching.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Boston hates Subban the same reason we hated Lucic for so long. They're good. It's players like Marchand and the boneheads on the Bruins defence like tough guy McQuaid wanting to fight Lars Eller, Chara skating the ice to attack Emelin, Ference, etc. The stupidity of Thornton and Julien too is infuriating.

DirtyJeeves

Feb 14, 2004
Anderson, SC
I've said it many times to friends who are fans of other teams and don't understand the Subban hype: If you want an honest opinion of his talent, ask a Bruins fan.

Outside of Montreal, no other fan base appreciates him more than Boston's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad