Boston has more OT losses than regulation losses

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Bruins fans take solace in the fact there is no 3-on-3 or shootouts in the playoffs. The B's have looked clueless 3-on-3 and many of their shootout attempts are laughable.

But the wasted points will definitely play a role in the standings, and thus playoff seeding.

Kovalchuk would've been a nice addition for extra time.

Reactions: Bocephus86

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Bruins fans take solace in the fact there is no 3-on-3 or shootouts in the playoffs. The B's have looked clueless 3-on-3 and many of their shootout attempts are laughable.

But the wasted points will definitely play a role in the standings, and thus playoff seeding.

Kovalchuk would've been a nice addition for extra time.

Some people call them bonus points.

I'm not one of those people, but just saying.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
In shootouts, it’s to the point that most of the Bruins’ players act like they have the yips like Mackey Sasser/Chuck Knoblauch. Terrible, pathetic attempts to score even from snipers like Pastrnak and Marchand. Chris Wagner is their best shootout option right now. Not joking.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Can someone explain to me how a team that can play Marchand-Bergeron-McAvoy and Krejci-Pastrnak-Krug in 3v3 overtime is bad at 3v3 overtime?
Same way a team that had Merrill, Holden, Engelland can suck at defending.... ok bad example :naughty::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sometimes things just don't click, it might not make sense but it happens. That's about all I can come up with.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
The Habs finished a season with only 8 losses but 12 ties, back when ties were a thing. I’m not sure that happened often either.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Bergeron scored last time in shootout in 2014 iirc
Pastas attempts look like my attemps in NHL 20 when my controller unplugs

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me how a team that can play Marchand-Bergeron-McAvoy and Krejci-Pastrnak-Krug in 3v3 overtime is bad at 3v3 overtime?
Wow, I just realize they lead the league with 33 OT losses in last 3 seasons. My guess they probably do not practice them. Instead practicing PP or something else.

Reactions: CanuckCity

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
It’s astounding to me that a team which ices Bergeron/Marchand/Pasta/Krejci can’t figure out a way to win in 3 on 3

It is particularly strange. You would think that with those three, it would be almost an auto-win. All that ice for them to set up.

Dont get me wrong .. Im happy to see them crap the bed but the talent and chemistry of those three makes it almost unbelievable that it happens.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
It is particularly strange. You would think that with those three, it would be almost an auto-win. All that ice for them to set up.

Dont get me wrong .. Im happy to see them crap the bed but the talent and chemistry of those three makes it almost unbelievable that it happens.
They aren't usually all out there together during OT unless they have a PP and can ice 4.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
IMO, they play OT like they play their PPs. They cycle and look for the opening for a 1v1 against the goaltender OR they look for the cross-slot pass to the open man for the easy one-timer.

You can't do that the same way as a PP. In a PP you have an extra man to get the puck when it's free. In OT the loose puck is halfway the other way going to toward your own net before you can fight for it.

From what I see Boston gives up the counter odd-man rush after pressure that puts them away.

As for the shootout. Confidence, its all confidence.

Last edited:

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
They're almost impossible to beat in regulation (unless your the Red Wings).

But you'd think after 3 years of being miserable in extra time they'd focus on that stuff more in practice. I guess not though since they've become 1000% worse this season. As soon as it goes into extra time I usually turn it off bc I know the outcome.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
They aren't usually all out there together during OT unless they have a PP and can ice 4.

Really? That's interesting. I understand the coaching mentality of wanting a dman out there but christ, Bergie is almost a dman anyway (with his defensive prowess).

Im surprised they dont throw them out more.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Most teams split their OTs in a meaningful way with wins/losses. The Bruins just lose all of theirs, so that is probably why :laugh:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I wonder who'll end up with more, by season's end:

Boston's loser points?

Or

Detroit's wins?

Currently a slim 14-12 lead for Detroit......gotta say my money would be on them. :laugh:

Vrankol

Oct 24, 2009
Bruins are a great team having problems with the least respectable aspect of the game. They'll be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad