Rumor: [Boston Globe] Matt Porter: Orlov sounds like he wants a deal with the Caps. Open to Bruins, certainly, but a lot of years there.

Bring Dima Back?

• Yes

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Part of me feels like he will take a hometown discount to stay with Ovi and be apart of the chase, time away maybe he realizes how much he missed Washington. But wtf do I know

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Are people really advocating Carlson to pay Orlov...? We saw what happened this year when Carlson was out and we only had Orlov, the team was awful.

I feel like people are letting like 20 or 30 games on one of the greatest regular season teams of all time really cloud their judgement on what Orlov is.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Are people really advocating Carlson to pay Orlov...? We saw what happened this year when Carlson was out and we only had Orlov, the team was awful.

I feel like people are letting like 20 or 30 games on one of the greatest regular season teams of all time really cloud their judgement on what Orlov is.
I just posed the question because it occurred to me. And I even hesitated to do it because of the bolded. But Forsythe and Lavi are gone, and the team is moving to play a faster brand of hockey. In that context, Carlson may not be so vital a piece any more. But he still has cache I think and could return some value. Plus, you can maybe save a bit of $$.

AZ Caps Fan

Sep 8, 2019
High Desert
I would prefer for the salary to go to a #1 C before bringing Orlov back. If some combination of a Kuz move, Mantha move, and Backstrom's salary not on the books then maybe. But that's a lot that would need to happen, imo.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Short term, moderate salary? Yup.

Long term, team friendly salary? Yup.

I'd go relatively high on a short term deal if salary flexibility is gained elsewhere. Definitely wouldn't advocate another high salary, long term deal on a 30-something.

Signing Dima allows you to move Feverbaby to upgrade the forward group.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Short term, moderate salary? Yup.

Long term, team friendly salary? Yup.

I'd go relatively high on a short term deal if salary flexibility is gained elsewhere. Definitely wouldn't advocate another high salary, long term deal on a 30-something.

Yeah, I like Fever but moving him seems very possible after you've managed to bring back Orlov and still have Sandin kicking around to be a better Fever

CapsCrazyX17

Jun 20, 2003
Washington, DC
I said it before but if we bring Orlov back on a team-friendly deal then I would absolutely entertain trading Fever and the 8th to move up a couple of spots if it means we can draft Michkov.

Reactions: kicksavedave

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
I said it before but if we bring Orlov back on a team-friendly deal then I would absolutely entertain trading Fever and the 8th to move up a couple of spots if it means we can draft Michkov.
Well, FA happens post draft, so we’d have to be banking on orlov signing after doing so (not saying potentially packaging MF in a deal to move up for michkov is a bad idea, would just be a bold one)

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

Good news. Orlov is in DC for this summer. Bad news. He’s hanging out with Kuzy.

Well looks like they might not be risking going back to mother Russia this off season.

I think we could all give the Orlov/Kuzy dua some fun activities if they are staying in the DC area:

*Kings Dominion visit
*Tubing down the Shenendoa River
*Disc golfing at Senaca State Park (some epic tee drive distances)
*Going LARPing with the Kingdom of Atantia (SCA).........

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Does it, though? I get the concept in terms of roster spots, but Orlov is going to make at least 3 or 4 times as much money as Fehervary's upcoming RFA deal. Bringing Orlov back is going to require a significant salary going out just to stay neutral, and would likely require two significant salaries to leave if they wanted to then upgrade the forward group.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad