Proposal: Boston - Edmonton

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
To Boston - Ethan Bear - RD, 2 million X 2 years, RFA after current contract. Coming off of a stellar rookie season (5G, 16A, 21 PTs, in 71 GP, 10th in Calder voting, 21:58 ATOI). Slow start this season where he had an injury and has looked out of sorts since returning. Tons of offensive production in junior, physical, hard shot, just needs some seasoning.

To Edmonton - Jake Debrusk - LW, 3.675 million X 2 years, RFA after current contract. Two 40 point seasons, 1 20 goal season, on pace for 20 goals last season as well before the shutdown. Slow start to this season, but I haven't watched enough Boston games to know what's going on, although I have heard some chatter from Bruins fans about how they want to trade him.

I expect Edmonton would do this deal to get a top six winger to play beside McDavid or Draisaitl. Would Boston consider a deal like this to improve their right defense?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
They have McAvoy and Carlo on RD. Whether you like Carlo or Bear more is a non-issue, neither belong on 3rd pair.

Value is not unreasonable at all. Just don't see the match.

edit: plus the expansion implications make trading a forward for a D difficult

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Wouldn't it make more sense to target a LD rather than a RD? If I'm the Bruins, I'd check in on Hjalmarsson if he's available. UFA after the season so won't need to be protected in the ED.

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
Not sure Bear has much value right now, mid round pick perhaps. Guy is a complete liability.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Bear has become a whipping boy in EDM.
Don't see BOS doing this deal
I do think Bear is getting a ton of blame right now, but that isn't why I have put him in a proposal. I feel that we need a top six winger for McDavid (and a starting goalie, and a #1 D, and a 3C) before we will be in a position to compete. With Bouchard looking good so far, I believe we could trade Bear to fix one of the other holes on the roster, and I don't see him getting a #1D or starting goalie, and I wouldn't trade him for a 3C. It's simply a matter of trading one of our "extra" assets for a piece we can use moving forward.

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
I'm not sure why Edmonton would trade their best defenceman for a 2nd line winger when they could acquire one without giving up their best D-man. With Holloway coming soon, it might be best for Edmonton to find a short term solution on the wing. The 2021 UFA class will be good + there is a flat cap resulting in a team-friendly market.

I'm quite shocked at how little Bear is being valued on HF (no, not really).

the Chad Kilger

Apr 30, 2020
I'm not sure why Edmonton would trade their best defenceman for a 2nd line winger when they could acquire one without giving up their best D-man. With Holloway coming soon, it might be best for Edmonton to find a short term solution on the wing. The 2021 UFA class will be good + there is a flat cap resulting in a team-friendly market.

I'm quite shocked at how little Bear is being valued on HF (no, not really).
Hyman did to Bear what Mcdavid did to Rielly

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Bear to Bruins makes sense just because of the name and not much else.
I want Edmundson in Edmonton

Reactions: Skelen

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
And before anyone says: "nUrsE iS eDmONton'S bESt D"

Bear with Nurse: 57.8 xGF%
Bear without Nurse: 61.9 xGF%
Nurse without Bear: 48.9%

2019-20
Bear with Nurse: 50.3 xGF%
Bear without Nurse: 52.4 xGF%
Nurse without Bear: 48.7 xGF%

Nurse's numbers are also dragged up by McDavid. Far more so than Bear.

Nurse with McDavid: 52.9 xGF%
Nurse without McDavid: 46.8 xGF%
Bear with McDavid: 52 xGF%
Bear without McDavid: 49.2 xGF%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad