Proposal: Boston/Edmonton trade proposal

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Somewhat interesting point.

In FHM 4 I guess Boston wanted to jettison salary because I traded Talbot for Rask straight up.

Talbot went on to win the vezina but the year after Rask back stopped us to the Cup.

I know no one cares about video game moves but it was about as realistic and one sided as the OP.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Absolutely zero interest from the Oilers even if you took Nurse out entirely.

We have two centres better than Krejci and Nuge will be a 60+ point player on McDavid’s wing.

Rask is the most overrated goalie on the planet.

Older and more expensive is not the ticket here.

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
You guys are right by saying easy no for Edmonton but Chiarelli as pulled off worse deals a la Seguin, Hall.

So for you oilers fan I will add Jakub Zboril and Peter Cehlarik just to try and convince you guys to jump a board.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers get the two best players in the deal, but it's too much cap going to Edmonton that even taking out Nurse it wouldn't make sense for marginal upgrades at each position.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
To Boston:
RNH
Talbot
Nurse

To Edmonton:
Rask
Krejci

Will never happen but a change of scenery would help both teams.

You guys are right by saying easy no for Edmonton but Chiarelli as pulled off worse deals a la Seguin, Hall.

So for you oilers fan I will add Jakub Zboril and Peter Cehlarik just to try and convince you guys to jump a board.

I doubt this is your first crack on HF Boards with your 8 posts... you did it like a vet! Post a crap trade, one sided to your team and then when everyone laughs at you... you lash out and say Chiarelli would do it.

Your trade offer sucks.

Reactions: cpsman

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
I doubt this is your first crack on HF Boards with your 8 posts... you did it like a vet! Post a crap trade, one sided to your team and then when everyone laughs at you... you lash out and say Chiarelli would do it.

Your trade offer sucks.
Thanks for your honesty

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
We badly need to keep Nurse. All our other Dmen can be pretty 'leaky' when it comes to goals against, aside from a healthy Larsson. We need those two to be at their best next season if we want to have a shot at making the playoffs and can't afford to lose either of them. If anything, we should be looking to ditch Russell somehow and upgrade that spot. Can't afford to lose our best all around Dman in Nurse (with no Dman his caliber or better coming back) who's only getting better and better, and will likely sign a reasonable long-term deal this off-season -- or so I would hope.

Plus RNH is also a natural fit with McDavid on the top line, and Krecji is just not a need for us. If it were Pastrnak being offered I might consider it, but that would never happen anyway.

Reactions: OilerSuperstar17

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
To Boston:
RNH
Talbot
Nurse

To Edmonton:
Rask
Krejci

Will never happen but a change of scenery would help both teams.
bINprWv.gif

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012

You would have to add Carlo and Danato and we'd still decline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad