Proposal: Boston-carolina

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I'd definitely do it, even to be willing to add a little. We need a game changer at forward, and Pastrnak has the potential to be that. LHD is our strength, if we move Hanifin, I'd feel comfortable with one of Bean or Fleury on the 2nd pair LD when they are ready.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Also one thing that just clicked for me is that Hanifin is a Boston boy, might make Sweeney more inclined to do it.

The rumor at the draft was that Sweeney was willing to move all 3 2015 1sts for the right to draft hanifin at 3 I think and the deal fell through and they were stuck drafting 3 guys in a row

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Its a deal I'd consider if there were more plans in motion to replace a first line RW.

Believe it or not Hanafin isn't a large need for us so I wouldn't do it, but the value is close.

Havoq

Havoq
Apr 24, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Value is there and I think we even may have to add a bit on the Carolina side.

Personally I would pull the trigger - but understand why some Canes fans/Boston fans may differ.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I'd do it as a Canes fan. Pasta is the type of forward talent we need and we would be willing to move one of the young defenders we have to get.

That said, no way it actually happens.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Pastrnak for hanifin.

Canes add some explosiveness and goal scoring to the top line, Bruins fill a need with a left shot dman to partner with mcavoy for 10 years

Any Bruins fan who thinks this is a good deal have not watched Hanifin play last years or at the recent WOC, he is regressing badly. No way he gets you Pasta, not a chance in hell.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Easy No for Boston. Pasta is a 70 point 20 year old forward. Hanifin doesn't get you that.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Any Bruins fan who thinks this is a good deal have not watched Hanifin play last years or at the recent WOC, he is regressing badly. No way he gets you Pasta, not a chance in hell.

He's only 20. I'm a Bruins fan. I like pastrnak a lot but if he is traded I'd prefer a 1-1 deal and not a bunch of small assets for one big one. I only have seen hanifin play in his games against Boston and he's looked awesome in those games and I'm pretty sure he scored 2 shootout goals against Boston as well

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013

Hahaha, what the **** is this? The 20 year old defenseman that has shown nothing but progression since he's be in the league? And showed even more promise in the 2nd half of last season when not paired with a rotating cast of borderline NHLers? What are you even watching?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Any Bruins fan who thinks this is a good deal have not watched Hanifin play last years or at the recent WOC, he is regressing badly.

:laugh: Let's see:
- He's 20 years old.
- He's in his 2nd NHL season
- His 2nd NHL season was better than his first.
- He played his best hockey after the trade deadline when he was given more responsibility.
- The coaches at the "recent WOC" seemed to like what they saw because he was getting lots of minutes in all situations.

But hey, "he's regressing" badly. :laugh:

No way he gets you Pasta, not a chance in hell.

As Montecristo said, this was a Bruins fan that started this thread. ;)

As per the OP, I'd do it but I think the Canes would even need to add a bit. Not because long term I see Pastrnak > Hanifin (although it's always hard comparing value of D vs. F), just that it can take longer for defensemen to fully develop and that means there is some uncertainty that he will reach full potential. I'm confident he will, but there is always some risk.

That said, I don't know the Bruins situation well enough to know how it fits from a needs standpoint.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Bruins actualy have more of a need at RW than they do at LHD, so Bruins pass.

That being said, if Sweeney was able to move one of their young D prospects in a package for a legit top-6 RW (especially on a good contract), then it could be interesting.

Seeing how Sweeney doesn't normally win or break even on trades (drafting and NCAA UFA is his M.O.) I don't see any of this happening.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

incredulous.gif

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Hahaha, what the **** is this? The 20 year old defenseman that has shown nothing but progression since he's be in the league? And showed even more promise in the 2nd half of last season when not paired with a rotating cast of borderline NHLers? What are you even watching?

I watched the Canes games and the WHC and he looked mediocre at best, say what you like but he will continue to decline, he does not come close to getting you a Pasta type player, not close.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Cant stand Boston.. Dont mind Carolina... With that being said... Carolina adds. Hanifin is all hype and potential... Hes not even the best D man on Carolina.. Hes probably 3rd best.. Pasta is a beast.. Goal scoring machine. Legit stud. Carolina adds.. Probably significantly like a 1st rd pick even.

Pastas hype is real... Hanifins is because he was drafted 5th overall.. But hanifin isnt worth pasta.. Not even close actually.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Cant stand Boston.. Dont mind Carolina... With that being said... Carolina adds. Hanifin is all hype and potential... Hes not even the best D man on Carolina.. Hes probably 3rd best.. Pasta is a beast.. Goal scoring machine. Legit stud. Carolina adds.. Probably significantly like a 1st rd pick even.

Pastas hype is real... Hanifins is because he was drafted 5th overall.. But hanifin isnt worth pasta.. Not even close actually.

Hanifin is 20 and he may not be the best defenseman on his team but the guys ahead of him are really frigging good.

Honestly, how can that be an argument against him?

If you don't like the trade fine but why crap all over a player and team you seem to know nothing about.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Hanifin is 20 and he may not be the best defenseman on his team but the guys ahead of him are really frigging good.

Honestly, how can that be an argument against him?

If you don't like the trade fine but why crap all over a player and team you seem to know nothing about.

I do know about the Canes and i also know that Hanifin is extremely overrated.. Yeah hes 20.. Thats great... Pasta is the better player now and will have the better career. Hanifin is all hype.. Hes done nothing to prove he was worth the 5th overall pick.. I get teams like to defend their players to the death.. But.. Hanifin is NOT worth Pasta... Carolina adds... Whether you like it or not.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Easy No for Boston. Pasta is a 70 point 20 year old forward. Hanifin doesn't get you that.

he's 20 and a defenseman

defenseman take longer to develop

when faulk was 20 he had 5 goals 32 points and was -9

context is ur friend

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad