Proposal: boston/calgary

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
im suggesting a dennis wideman for adam mcquaid deal

theres several reasons why this should happen.

team needs... boston is missing a rh shot pp in the short term. calgary needs more beef to deal with the pacific and england will be an ufa next year.

cap... calgary will be maxed out after signing their rfa. mcquaid saves them 2.5 mill this year. as for boston the cap looks dicey next year. kevan miller and zdeno chara are big slow dmen. mcquaid a luxery boston cant afford as they try to break some kids into the mix.

of course wideman is going to be an ufa after this year. he does have a nmc but doesnt need to be protected in expansion.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
mcquaids 2.5 could interfere with the team potentially resigning Brian Elliot

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I wouldn't want Mcquaid for three more seasons @2.75 cap hit.
I would rather just keep Wideman, get a pick at the deadline, and open up 5.25 in cap space for 17/18 season.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Nope.

If Calgary moves Wideman, there has to be:
1) Only futures coming back
2) Similar salary, UFA at the end of the year.

Jarome Iginla makes sense back to Calgary. I'm not really interested in having Iggy back, but Calgary would benefit with another RW; and both are done at the end of the year.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
i see darren england and ladislav smid coming off the books after this year. thats like 6 mill capspace but its also calgarys only 2 physical dmen

giordano/brodie/hamilton project to be as mobile as any top 3 need to be but these arent your huge physical blueliners you need in the trenches.

mcquaid isnt a sexy name but he protects his teammates... he fights to hurt people when he fights... and he plays 15-16 mins per game on a team that finishes top 3 defensively every year.

i only suggest moving him because we have chara and miller too. one of these guys is great on any team... 2 is overkill... 3 is a problem.

if calgary would rather have kevan miller id rather have mcquaid but either mcquaid/miller one has to go so we can afford marchand/spooner/pastrnak next year

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
i see darren england and ladislav smid coming off the books after this year. thats like 6 mill capspace but its also calgarys only 2 physical dmen

giordano/brodie/hamilton project to be as mobile as any top 3 need to be but these arent your huge physical blueliners you need in the trenches.

mcquaid isnt a sexy name but he protects his teammates... he fights to hurt people when he fights... and he plays 15-16 mins per game on a team that finishes top 3 defensively every year.

i only suggest moving him because we have chara and miller too. one of these guys is great on any team... 2 is overkill... 3 is a problem.

if calgary would rather have kevan miller id rather have mcquaid but either mcquaid/miller one has to go so we can afford marchand/spooner/pastrnak next year

Last thing Calgary needs is more bottom pairing defense. We have five of them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad