GDT: Boston Bruins v. Buffalo Sabres - 1/31/13 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Bag skate tommorow? Can I call it? Defence was horrible. Everyone having defensive brainfarts including forwards.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
This is one of those nights I hate the forum trolls are out in full force. I post a legitimate topic and its gone but a topic about marchand is on like page 9.

Bizzaro world

I gotta ask, why do you bother? I made the mistake of going in there. There was a thread a/b Bergeron and Skinner. Some were saying it was Bergy taking down Skinner, others that it was an accident. Another said Bergeron is a career cheap shot artist. Uuuuh, WTF??? You start to get angry, then you realize you're either talking to 9 yr olds, or people in pajamas w/ "property of state hospital" stenciled on them.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
I gotta ask, why do you bother? I made the mistake of going in there. There was a thread a/b Bergeron and Skinner. Some were saying it was Bergy taking down Skinner, others that it was an accident. Another said Bergeron is a career cheap shot artist. Uuuuh, WTF??? You start to get angry, then you realize you're either talking to 9 yr olds, or people in pajamas w/ "property of state hospital" stenciled on them.

There are some decent people here and there, sometimes. Probably not a good idea to go there unless you've got a really long one. Fuse I mean. :naughty:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
This is one of those nights I hate the forum trolls are out in full force. I post a legitimate topic and its gone but a topic about marchand is on like page 9.

Bizzaro world

Just dont post over there... Especially dont post a thread calling for a suspension for a hit that will likely not be a suspension.

Calling for a suspension on something that probably won't just makes us as a whole look whiney, plus they will take every chance they can get to try to say Dougie dove and that we deserved it, etc

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I'm not going over anymore

there hardly ever do anyways

shouldn't even go into the Thornton fight topic but I can't resist

Bi Coastal Bawse*

IDK I just found it funny like I said the play looked like it was intentional. I probably shouldn't have said suspension. Maybe should have said missed call or fine but sometimes the hypocrisy of this forum has me like huh?

Cuz a topic that is most likely going to lead to infractions, trolling, and deleted postings is still up.

Eh w/e I will just do as I normally do and stick to the bruins forum and the fight forum

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
MacDermid's 205 pounds, a lightweight. You need a Matt Kassian, Brian McGrattan, Steve Macintyre, Mitch Fritz for that.

makes me wonder if MacDermid is worth having in the lineup, he looks like a 4 minutes of ice time per game kind of player that really won't intimidate anyone and can't really be expected to go with the Orrs and Scotts

if we want an enforcer that is only going to play a couple minutes a game, maybe we should see if we can sign Yablonski out of russia instead :laugh: :yo:

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
Meh. That was a classic Chara type "you're bigger than he is" penalty. I didn't think that was dirty.

Stafford was dirty as **** though. Again.. there's no way Shanaban doesn't Shanaban him for at least one Shanagame.

I agree, if Paille had thought it was dirty he is crazy enough he would have probably tried to fight Scott himself :laugh: :yo:

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
Scott beating up Thornton means more to the Sabres than it does to the Bruins. They played a bigger, harder game than they should have. I was hoping to see a follow up tilt or two in order to put them right back in their place. If not that, at least ramp up the physical game. To not do either, especially on home ice, is totally inexcusable IMO.

agree 100% with this post, and I think this was really the true story of the game

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
It would be nice if Chara finished his checks on Vanek next game.

this is a good point too, Chara is really too nice of a guy when it comes to holding back due to his size, he lets so many guys off easy every night of the season, granted he would probably hospitalize many players per year if he did play tougher

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
this is a good point too, Chara is really too nice of a guy when it comes to holding back due to his size, he lets so many guys off easy every night of the season, granted he would probably hospitalize many players per year if he did play tougher

I honestly hate to bring up the Pacioretty hit because the hit itself has nothing to do with my point. But Pacioretty got under Chara's skin with his shove and yapping two years ago. After that, Pacioretty had a target on him and Chara crushed him any time he had a chance to (not just the stanchion incident), he lost the nice guy attitude with him and I wish he would do that to every other player and obviously I don't mean put them on stretchers but just get physical and nasty. The stanchion incident was unfortunate but with a fast and physical game crap happens.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Man, seguin has been a disappointment so far this season.

Any chance we see him on a line with Lucic again? Those two fed off each other real well at one point last season. I know we don't really want to mess with what Lucic/Krejci/Horton are doing right now but they have to do something to get the kid going.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
exciting game, but Im glad i didnt go. Wouldve been absolutely miserable driving all the way home after that.

Too make my summary quick and short about the game.

Miller outplayed Rask

Even though the B's were off and Chara could barely stand all game, Miller made at least 5 amazing saves last nite.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Bag skate tommorow? Can I call it? Defence was horrible. Everyone having defensive brainfarts including forwards.

Why???? Their defensive focus was awful, the overall effort wasn`t. CJ will spend the majority of practice making sure this doesn`t happen two games in a row rather than put the boys through a bag skate.

Sloppy defensive effort, EVERY chance the Sabres had they buried which was made easier with neglectful coverage. Hard to recall a game where a goalie gave up 6 and not one was a softie?

Thorton vs Scott only solidifies why NOBODY on the Bruins should be scrapping that toolbox, it isn`t because he`s a fearsome fighter, it`s the tradeoff, the guy is a pilon and without knowing the extent of Thorty`s injury, it sure doesn`t seem like it was a wise decision.

I know our boys play with pride, but sometimes (like Laroque running around after Looch a few yrs back) you just have to say "nope" your not worth it, and with Scott, it`s one of those situations. Every fan knows how tough our team is, and I`d rather listen to DB fans of opponents claim "moral" victory as a Bruin turns his back to a scrap and focuses on the game rather than risk injury over a guy who`ll see 0 minutes on the ice if the Sabres even make the playoffs.

Ruff being Ruff at the end.....hey Lindy, a touch early in the season with more games against ya to be a turd isn`t it?? You just know that Claude will do the same at some point this year if the situation is reversed.

1st line played great

2nd line played well, Bergy gave me a scare in the 3rd after going off so quick after falling

3rd line with Paille`s size and strong board work, if there`s anyone who can`t see the value of his attributes and players like that over a Bourque then I don`t know what to say, best game of the year from the 3rd line.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I dunno, Andrew, I don't think CJ would pull the same crap that Ruff did. I think he'll just smile at him when we have the Sabres on the ropes next game. CJ isn't a ****** canoe like Ruff

I'd be tempted to see if a Paille, Pev, Seguin line could do something - all speed there. Seguin is gripping that stick too hard, trying to do too much with the puck. Kid has the skills, but you can tell he's frustrated.

Hope Bergy's shoulder is okay and it was good to see Hamilton come back after that elbow from Stafford.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I dunno, Andrew, I don't think CJ would pull the same crap that Ruff did. I think he'll just smile at him when we have the Sabres on the ropes next game. CJ isn't a ****** canoe like Ruff

I'd be tempted to see if a Paille, Pev, Seguin line could do something - all speed there. Seguin is gripping that stick too hard, trying to do too much with the puck. Kid has the skills, but you can tell he's frustrated.

Hope Bergy's shoulder is okay and it was good to see Hamilton come back after that elbow from Stafford.

We`ll see, one thing for sure is he`d never be the "first" to do that. Segs working hard, going to the dirty areas but your right, the kid is just gripping it. If he wasn`t getting chances, creating chances I would be concerned, that was a sneaky elbow by Stafford too, next game against the Sabres will be fun

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i thought all 3 lines had great chances.
I really think that had more to do with how bad buffalo was defensively.
I mean they were brutal. If it wasnt for miller Boston wouldve easily had 8 goals.

These games happen. I'll just give that game to miller though. He was the difference even with the killer game vanek had.

We were up 3-1 and looch had the chance to go up 4-1. Then he pulls the typical looch move after he got frustrated by not scoring, and boards the guy.

Chara then doesnt skate and is forced to hold the guy. That changed the pace of the game.

Even with that happening, Miller made about 5 more amazing saves in the third.

While Chara totally misplayed the 2 on 1 hodson goal. Not sure about the 4th goal, but I think thats one tuukka should stop. Its his weakness. When he tires he lets alot in by the ears.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Just some observations from the game last night...

I am already hearing some media talk about how the Sabres physically overmatched the Bruins and that's why they won...wrong!!!

First off, the Scott fight had very little to do with the outcome of that game last night, other than the fact that it forced Thorny out of the lineup. The fight happened, and after that time, the Bruins still went up 3-1. Lucic had a stellar chance to put that game away, and then right after that the 5-3 occurred and the game changed from there. The fight wasn't the momentum builder that people are making it out to be.

Furthermore, the Bruins dominated on the forecheck, especially the Krejci line. One of the positives to take out of that game is that our patience, spacing and puck movement in the O-zone was very good, and our physicality on the forecheck is what created a lot of our chances.

That being said, it was the skill of Buffalo, not their physicality that won the game for them. We could not contain them on the rush, plain and simple. Buffalo did not establish much in the O zone with their forecheck, so it's not like they physically dominated the Bruin's D.

It was really a series of bad mental mistakes that led to chances, and Buffalo was able to finish.

On the other end, we had two stellar chances to tie that game late (Chara and Bergy) and Miller made amazing saves on both opportunities.

This is a loss they will learn from and it will help them get better in the long run. The next game against Buffalo should be something.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Just some observations from the game last night...

I am already hearing some media talk about how the Sabres physically overmatched the Bruins and that's why they won...wrong!!!

First off, the Scott fight had very little to do with the outcome of that game last night, other than the fact that it forced Thorny out of the lineup. The fight happened, and after that time, the Bruins still went up 3-1. Lucic had a stellar chance to put that game away, and then right after that the 5-3 occurred and the game changed from there. The fight wasn't the momentum builder that people are making it out to be.

Furthermore, the Bruins dominated on the forecheck, especially the Krejci line. One of the positives to take out of that game is that our patience, spacing and puck movement in the O-zone was very good, and our physicality on the forecheck is what created a lot of our chances.

That being said, it was the skill of Buffalo, not their physicality that won the game for them. We could not contain them on the rush, plain and simple. Buffalo did not establish much in the O zone with their forecheck, so it's not like they physically dominated the Bruin's D.

It was really a series of bad mental mistakes that led to chances, and Buffalo was able to finish.

On the other end, we had two stellar chances to tie that game late (Chara and Bergy) and Miller made amazing saves on both opportunities.

This is a loss they will learn from and it will help them get better in the long run. The next game against Buffalo should be something.

Great post and totally agree, though I think that Scott/Thornton fight did give the Sabres momentum in the first period.

Offensive zone work was good. Neutral zone and defensive zone work was abysmal. I love the captain, but he was the worst player on the ice last night.

Miller was great when he needed to be.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
This loss will do far more good for the team than bad

Despite the fact the bruins were 5-0-1 going into last night, they still played mighty choppy for long stretches and their 2nd and 3rd lines were fairly invisible in the big picture

Nice wake up call game, and Seguin really needs to get going. In a lot if ways, him missing that chance right in the slot said a lot about that game late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad