Boston Bruins Boston Bruins Summer Fan Fest Tour

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
cut.jpg

The Boston Bruins announced today, August 14, that the organization will embark on its first ever, seven-city Boston Bruins Fan Fest Tour that will visit each New England state from August 26 - August 31, with the mission to grow the game of hockey throughout the region. The final stop will take place in Boston, MA during Boston Bruins Training Camp, presented by AT&T, in September.

During the tour, the Bruins expect to outfit over 4,000 kids (ages 4-9) who have signed up for the Bruins Academy Learn to Play program in brand new CCM hockey gear valued at $500 (retail value) per player for a total of $2,000,000 (retail value) worth of equipment dispersed to local communities. :handclap:

Current Bruins players, coaches, executives and NESN personalities Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley are expected to be on hand throughout the tour to play games and mingle with fans, sign autographs, take photos, participate in Q&A sessions and much more. In addition to getting fitted for brand new equipment, youth hockey players will be able to participate in drill work and have the opportunity to partake in NESN virtual reality experiences. Boston Bruins BFit will also be on hand to lead kid-friendly fitness activities at each stop. Please note that player, coach, executive and NESN personality appearances will vary at each location and are subject to change.

Admission to each tour stop is FREE and fans are welcome and encouraged to participate in all of the event's festivities.

Saturday, August 26

Portland, ME at Monument Square, 12- 6pm (456 Congress St, Portland, ME 04101)

Sunday, August 27

Manchester, NH at Arms Park, 12-6pm (10 Arms St, Manchester, NH 03101)

Monday, August 28

Burlington, VT at Burlington International Airport, 2-7pm (1200 Airport Dr, South Burlington, VT 05403)

Tuesday, August 29

Springfield, MA at Forest Park, 2-7pm (200 Trafton Rd, Springfield, MA 01108)

Wednesday, August 30

Hartford, CT at Bushnell Park, 2-7pm (60 Elm St, Hartford, CT 06106)

Thursday, August 31

Providence, RI at ALEX AND ANI City Center, 2-7pm (2 Kennedy Plaza, Providence, RI 02903)

The final stop for the Boston Bruins Fan Fest Tour will take place in September during Boston Bruins Training Camp presented by AT&T.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
The cynic in me sees this as a pure PR move in response to all the crap they took over the TD Garden fundraising snafu.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The cynic in me sees this as a pure PR move in response to all the crap they took over the TD Garden fundraising snafu.

Not sure they could just whip something like this together as quickly as they did although I understand where your coming from.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

That story is something that about .0001% of the population pays attention to. I don't see that as hurting the Bruins brand in any way.

This is certainly a PR move, but I honestly appreciate the fact that they are connecting to/attracting more fans without charging anything for it up front.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Anyone going to Vermont's tomorrow? I took the day off work to go so I hope its decent. I hear Vatrano and Brick will be there

Did anyone go to Maine or NH's? Curious to hear some reviews

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Went to the Manchester one yesterday. I'll try and upload some pics later.

There wasn't a ton going on, but it had a good turnout of people and was kind of fun. There were a few things I wanted to do (shot contests, trivia, kids activities, etc) but the lines were all pretty long so I didn't bother.

Brick was on stage talking with Carlo (who was introduced twice, and only 4-5 people out of a few hundred clapped... was bizarre). Afterwards, Sweeney came out to talk as well. There was a Meet and Greet with Brick, but I don't know when.

FinnBear

Feb 21, 2016
The one in Portland was a major letdown. Only player was Carlo (and Bruce Shoebottom who lives around here anyways). At some point Brick was supposed to be there but I never saw him. Lines and people everywhere with little to do. I should have known better...
Best guy if the day was the line security guy (older guy with Italian accent...right from the Soprano set) -
I asked:"Are there any active player here?"
"Not really. There is one active guy and one retired guy."
"Who is the active guy?"
"No idea"
"Who is the retired player?"
"It's Bruce"
"Oh Shoebottom?"
"Yeah"

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Not sure they could just whip something like this together as quickly as they did although I understand where your coming from.

Based on the execution of this weekend's festivities, I feel even more confident that this was something thrown together at the last minute.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Went to the Vermont one today, was exactly what I expected

Definitely aimed towards kids, but I still enjoyed it

Brick was at this one, and was very gracious with his time. Spoke with me and my girlfriend for two or three minutes then took some pics with us and signed some headshots. He stayed around later than Vatrano did

If you go in expecting too much you'll be disappointed. If you have kids they'll probably love it

I did have to hold myself from dropping a "f***in right I did!" to him haha

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Based on the execution of this weekend's festivities, I feel even more confident that this was something thrown together at the last minute.

couldn`t tell you. The Sens had one of these years ago (may very well still have them) and they appear chaotic but I think it has more to do with the load of kids racing around everywhere screaming

Either way, these can`t be judged or viewed as much more than an event aimed at the younger fan IMO and meant to be strictly a day or morning/afternoon of fun

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
So this is coming up again this weekend

Wondering if anyone has heard who is coming for B’s players and NESN people

Wasn’t that great last year but maybe with one behind them it’ll be better this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->