Confirmed with Link: Boston Bruins Sign Colton Hargrove to Entry Level Deal

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
To all the posters freaking out about MT86's post...It doesn't appear that guys like Hargrove or Hickman are going to be 1st line, 25-30 goal scoring replacements for 17. However, by adding big-bodied physical guys that actually have some game you potentially have Bottom 6 guys that can approximate parts of Lucic's game.

Then, if the B's wanted to deal Lucic for a different type of player (ie less physical scorer)...they could get the physicality they need from the Bottom 6, like most of the teams in the NHL do.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Oh good, another bottom 6 energy guy who will never play because of Gregory Campbell and Daniel Paille.

Campbell and Paille will be long gone by the time Hargrove makes it. In fact, they will probably be long gone in a couple of months.

Also, someone already came up with this same joke about 14 hours ago on page 1 of the thread.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Campbell and Paille will be long gone by the time Hargrove makes it. In fact, they will probably be long gone in a couple of months.

Also, someone already came up with this same joke about 14 hours ago on page 1 of the thread.

I wasn't joking. Okay, I was, but it has very dark and truthful undertones about the state of the club. I'm sure the first joker was being lighthearted. I'm not.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Oh good, another bottom 6 energy guy who will never play because of Gregory Campbell and Daniel Paille.

They won't be here when Colton joins the team. He's at least a year if not two away. The narrative is stale nonetheless.

I'm fairly certain that some posters have never seen him play whether it be from Dev camp or watching him in college.

Hey Glory, trip to Prov w/ DKH to check him out if he reports this season?

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
They won't be here when Colton joins the team. He's at least a year if not two away. The narrative is stale nonetheless.

I'm fairly certain that some posters have never seen him play whether it be from Dev camp or watching him in college.

Haven't seen him play, but I liked the video clip posted.

But I'm not going to flip head over heels for a guy who is so many years (people earlier in the thread talking about him as a Lucic replacement? Geez.)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Maybe?

Only problem, as soon as the snow melts my son will be hitting the field for lacrosse and baseball, so whatever spare time I have will be gone :laugh:

That goal Hargrove scored in the highlights was great though, very similar to the one McKenzie got for FLA last week.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Haven't seen him play, but I liked the video clip posted.

But I'm not going to flip head over heels for a guy who is so many years (people earlier in the thread talking about him as a Lucic replacement? Geez.)

The Looch stuff is a bit of a stretch right now but anything is possible. I can tell you the kid gives 110% every game and has quite a bit of drive. Providence will be good for him but it will take a full season there to really see his progression.

He could very well be a sleeper pick when all is said and done but there is enough there to be cautiously optimistic with him. I trust Sweeney's judgement here tho I was a bit surprised to see him signed now. I figured he'd finish school the sign.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Maybe?

Only problem, as soon as the snow melts my son will be hitting the field for lacrosse and baseball, so whatever spare time I have will be gone :laugh:

That goal Hargrove scored in the highlights was great though, very similar to the one McKenzie got for FLA last week.

Rain check them lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad