GDT: Boston Bruins Scrimmage - 1-15-13 - Babies 7 - Big Boys 5

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I saw the Providence Bruins post the final score along with them posing at center ice. Just shows that our up an comers have serious potential, being able to beat our boys like that!
Also how did Horty do? I forgot to watch it.

The players in the Bruins system are better than the negativity about them around this place.

The AHL is underrated as well.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Once I went to a Providence Bruins game (I'm New Jerseyan). Mikko Lehtonen scored twice.

On any given night, the Columbus Blue Jackets could look like a better team than the Boston Bruins. People who draw conclusions from such a small sample size, and, even worse, from a sample of things that aren't even NHL games, are just trying too hard to find things over which they can get worked up. You want to panic about the Bruins so you look for it.

Play Lucic for a few games, and he'll get it back together.

Give Sauve his big break, and he'll probably just end up broken.

I did not see any of the scrimmage. However I saw numerous posts stating that Lucic
looked best case a full step behind. So I asked the question about putting Sauce in for #17.
The question to me is on January 19, 2013 does playing Max Sauve in Lucic 's place give you
a clear upgrade. If not fine stay with Lucic. If it does it seems like a no brainer.
I understand he has to play sooner or later, posters made him sound REALLY bad.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Players were falling down all over, not just Lucic. I got worried at one point when Krejci fell because I thought he'd hurt himself.

I wouldn't call Lucic bad last night, just out of sorts, along with half the team. As I noted before, Seguin looked extremely irritated at one point - I've never seen him with such a growly expression on his face. The point of the whole thing was just to get these guys' legs under them and get accustomed to game conditions.

And yeah, for some, there's always got to be a whipping boy or a scapegoat or whatever you want to label it. It's just how some people are wired, I guess.

The "whipping boy" nonsense is one of my least favorite things on this board.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
Northeast
[/B]

The "whipping boy" nonsense is one of my least favorite things on this board.

Looch was noticeable for all the wrong reasons. Here's to hoping he gets his legs back quickly, but for sure the fans here will be pointing out players who are struggling. Especially when it costs the team.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
On a related note, does anyone have any information on how other NHL teams fared in their "scrimmages" against their AHL affiliates? Is the B's loss in any way an anomaly here? One would of course have to take into account the relative strengths of the AHL clubs and to an extent how "exhibitiony" (is that a new word?) the games were, but it'd maybe be interesting to see a rundown of the results league-wide.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Looch was noticeable for all the wrong reasons. Here's to hoping he gets his legs back quickly, but for sure the fans here will be pointing out players who are struggling. Especially when it costs the team.

Pointing out players who are struggling isn't a big deal.

I don't like the whipping boy nonsense where people pick on players and call them useless, bums, etc. and get quite nasty.

All of the Bruins players have the skill and drive to make it in the best hockey league in the world. The whipping boy couch critics couldn't carry their jock straps.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Pointing out players who are struggling isn't a big deal.

I don't like the whipping boy nonsense where people pick on players and call them useless, bums, etc. and get quite nasty.

All of the Bruins players have the skill and drive to make it in the best hockey league in the world. The whipping boy couch critics couldn't carry their jock straps.

QFT.

So glad to see you posting. :)

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
On a related note, does anyone have any information on how other NHL teams fared in their "scrimmages" against their AHL affiliates? Is the B's loss in any way an anomaly here? One would of course have to take into account the relative strengths of the AHL clubs and to an extent how "exhibitiony" (is that a new word?) the games were, but it'd maybe be interesting to see a rundown of the results league-wide.

Nothing close to scientific, but a couple of games I heard about had the same predictable result. Lots of scrambling around, miscues and sloppy goals.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
I think people here are getting stressed (rightfully) is because of the history of Lucic sometimes appearing slow and a step behind the play at previous times in the regular season and playoffs, we need him to be a leader a step ahead of everyone else

so that is why the uproar

Kaoz*

I think people here are getting stressed (rightfully) is because of the history of Lucic sometimes appearing slow and a step behind the play at previous times in the regular season and playoffs, we need him to be a leader a step ahead of everyone else

so that is why the uproar

You want Lucic to be a step ahead of Seguin? Good luck with that.

We should probably wait until at least the end of game 1 before criticizing players for being slow and a step behind the play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->