GDT: Boston Bruins Scrimmage - 1-15-13 - Babies 7 - Big Boys 5

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I don't think the Nick Boynton style is much appreciated in the Julien system.

Noticed in the World Juniors that Hamilton chased a lot also. He didn't appear to be as polished defensively as many other junior Dmen were. I think you're right, its going to take a few years to see the finished product.

Dennis Bonvie in the house! Now that the lockout is over, I see many of the good posters coming back..nice to see.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
If Sauve is a LW would you give him a game or two on Lucic's spot until Lucic gets in shape?
Again don't know if Sauve is a LW.

Sauve is a center but a left shot and and I actually had that thought run across my mind with sauve playing the first handful of games on the "1st" line until looch was ready but thinking more, lucic' lack of game shape won't improve unless he is playing in games. Just have to let him work the kinks out when the games count and hope he's back up to speed by mid february

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Why is Lucic taking the brunt here? Will he be the whipping boy yet again? Will 20+ goals, 50+ pts, 200+hits and 6-8 fights not be enough again? Looks to me like many of the regulars looked like **** and even those who played the whole lockout.

Again, when you make 650k you are a crowd favorite...when you actually get paid for what you bring, it brings out the jealousy and vitriol...

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Why is Lucic taking the brunt here? Will he be the whipping boy yet again? Will 20+ goals, 50+ pts, 200+hits and 6-8 fights not be enough again? Looks to me like many of the regulars looked like **** and even those who played the whole lockout.

Again, when you make 650k you are a crowd favorite...when you actually get paid for what you bring, it brings out the jealousy and vitriol...

Nothing to do with what he's paid. He was just awful in the scrimmage.. It's that simple. He fell down at least once on every shift (at least it seemed like he did).

With that said, I'm not worried about Lucic in the slightest. I pride myself in not having any whipping "boy" on the Bruins as I root for them all equally. But in terms of observations from last night? Lucic was just bad. /shrug

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Nothing to do with what he's paid. He was just awful in the scrimmage.. It's that simple. He fell down at least once on every shift (at least it seemed like he did).

With that said, I'm not worried about Lucic in the slightest. I pride myself in not having any whipping "boy" on the Bruins as I root for them all equally. But in terms of observations from last night? Lucic was just bad. /shrug

Players were falling down all over, not just Lucic. I got worried at one point when Krejci fell because I thought he'd hurt himself.

I wouldn't call Lucic bad last night, just out of sorts, along with half the team. As I noted before, Seguin looked extremely irritated at one point - I've never seen him with such a growly expression on his face. The point of the whole thing was just to get these guys' legs under them and get accustomed to game conditions.

And yeah, for some, there's always got to be a whipping boy or a scapegoat or whatever you want to label it. It's just how some people are wired, I guess.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Looch isn't in game shape. Neely said exactly that word for word yesterday. Feels it will take him a few games at least.

Exactly. Doesn't mean he's "fat" or "out of shape." Game shape is a totally different animal. Horton isn't in game shape either. The only thing that gets you there is playing games. Imagine that. :)

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Nope. But he couldn't get in the kind of shape like the others did overseas. He stayed with his expecting wife and I have to respect that.

Absolutely. Hopefully he comes back to form quickly and then some- that first step quickness is really the only thing missing from his game.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Players were falling down all over, not just Lucic. I got worried at one point when Krejci fell because I thought he'd hurt himself.

I wouldn't call Lucic bad last night, just out of sorts, along with half the team. As I noted before, Seguin looked extremely irritated at one point - I've never seen him with such a growly expression on his face. The point of the whole thing was just to get these guys' legs under them and get accustomed to game conditions.

And yeah, for some, there's always got to be a whipping boy or a scapegoat or whatever you want to label it. It's just how some people are wired, I guess.

There was one point where one of the Providence guys (not sure which) kind of got in his face near the boards after Dobby locked up the puck. Seguin didn't look happy after that (and the Providence player didn't look happy with Seguin either).

Kind of reminded me of Charlie from Mighty Ducks when his own team mates kept calling him a cake eater :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
There was one point where one of the Providence guys (not sure which) kind of got in his face near the boards after Dobby locked up the puck. Seguin didn't look happy after that (and the Providence player didn't look happy with Seguin either).

Kind of reminded me of Charlie from Mighty Ducks when his own team mates kept calling him a cake eater :laugh:
Adam Banks was called cake eater not Charlie. :)

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
is anyone else here bothered by even the slightest suggestion that a guy that we rely on and have extreme emotional investment in with the success or failure of our beloved hockey team might not be in the absolute best physical shape possible for the all important rush out of the gate to win hockey games?

I don't even do a sport for a living, yet I am in the gym often working my butt off to be the best I can be, you would think it would be an absolute no-brainer for a player that is making millions of dollars and with the reliance of 100000s of fans that we need the team and all players involved to be ready to win, to be ready and in shape and better than last year

good to see Marchand and Seguin invested their time in the gym and look to be stronger than last year, the guys that didn't play in Europe should have been going crazy hard in the gym to be ready for this

opening day is so important, for a player not to be at 110% ready to win the game depresses me badly :help:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
is anyone else here bothered by even the slightest suggestion that a guy that we rely on and have extreme emotional investment in with the success or failure of our beloved hockey team might not be in the absolute best physical shape possible for the all important rush out of the gate to win hockey games?

I don't even do a sport for a living, yet I am in the gym often working my butt off to be the best I can be, you would think it would be an absolute no-brainer for a player that is making millions of dollars and with the reliance of 100000s of fans that we need the team and all players involved to be ready to win, to be ready and in shape and better than last year

good to see Marchand and Seguin invested their time in the gym and look to be stronger than last year, the guys that didn't play in Europe should have been going crazy hard in the gym to be ready for this

opening day is so important, for a player not to be at 110% ready to win the game depresses me badly :help:

Hockey players can (and do) work their tails off in the gym, lift weights, even skate and scrimmage with their friends. But nothing, repeat nothing, is going to replicate game conditions. It's simply impossible. That's what Neely was referring to when he spoke of "game shape." Players aren't in "game shape" when they arrive at training camp, even though they almost always pass their physical tests and are in fantastic condition compared to most of the population. That's why they have exhibition games. Neely went through a lockout himself so he knows what it's like for guys such as Lucic and Horton (and about half of the rest of the NHL) right now. Unfortunately it's going to take them some time (hopefully not long) to get their game legs under them.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Do you guys who watched the camp think Hamilton sticks in the big club, I took him in my fantasy pool and a depth dmen and hoping for big things (that he sticks and maybe gets 15ish points)

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Do you guys who watched the camp think Hamilton sticks in the big club, I took him in my fantasy pool and a depth dmen and hoping for big things (that he sticks and maybe gets 15ish points)

Never say never, but the likelihood that he sticks is a pretty good one. As for how many points he scores, heaven knows. Good luck.

Justin St Pierre

Dec 16, 2011
Once I went to a Providence Bruins game (I'm New Jerseyan). Mikko Lehtonen scored twice.

On any given night, the Columbus Blue Jackets could look like a better team than the Boston Bruins. People who draw conclusions from such a small sample size, and, even worse, from a sample of things that aren't even NHL games, are just trying too hard to find things over which they can get worked up. You want to panic about the Bruins so you look for it.

Play Lucic for a few games, and he'll get it back together.

Give Sauve his big break, and he'll probably just end up broken.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011
well agree with the poster saying that we shouldn't be too negative

just hope the rust comes off quick and we get some very important victories out of the opening 3 games, don't need or want any excuses at this point, the games are very critical right out of the gate :nod:

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Bourque wearing # 48. Khudobin's pads nearly identical to Tuukka's. Game looks really odd with no ads on boards.

I wish they would keep it that way. I hate ads on the boards and the ice, and I hope they never appear on any uniforms.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->