Boston Bruins Boston Bruins Announce 2021 Development Camp Roster And Schedule

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't understand what you mean by this, but it feels fairly venomous - why?

Twitter reference and the loveable @GordonHowe who is prominently in a thread asking when the Bruins would get some size- hopefully this helps him a bit

Last edited:
Reactions: NeelyDan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I heard the USHL was nothing but Bruins draft picks and 14-year old girls.
I did not realize approximately 20/ 25% of the players drafted are overagers like Louhri

it’s rare in the first round but of the picks 33-224 about every third kid is

Ryker Evans who went 35 overall the third pick in the second round was one from the WHL

Josh Doan (Shane’s kid) went 37th overall to Arizona. He plays for the powerhouse Chicago Steel in the USHL and Is an overager

he had a growth spurt in 2020 as a 17 year old draft eligibile and went back in as a much more polished and bigger kid

same happened to Louhri who I believe may actually be closer or at 6’5 now Add on a position change and he falls thru the cracks a bit

logic suggests he developed his skills as a much shorter player and thru the eyes of a forward which would give him that perspective

going to be interesting to see how he does at OSU

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Brady Lyle looks big like a tank in superb shape 6'3'' 215, a canon of a shot, crysp passes,any chance to be on the team?

really wish I was there, in 15 I saw Carlo come in and he was obviously NHL ready compared to his peers, didn’t stay in the A very long. Would love to see live how Lyle compares to an 18 year old Carlo

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Day 3
Today started with defense only, lots of skating drills, working on crossovers etc then built on that to include shooting
Of note Mast is a much better skater that I initially gave credit for
Greenway's slapshot needs work, now as commented on Twitter these guys aren't trying to decapitate the goalies so keeping that in mind Greenway's form is pretty poor
Lohrei looks to be trying to place it vs hammer it but if you've followed me through his USHL year his John Carlson like wrist shot is his money maker
McFaul has very good form, nice and low but it somehow doesn't equate to points in the NCAA
Lyle and Gallagher took it easy on the goalies for the most part
Kuntar did not, dude has a cannon and continues to impress
Another good day for Mitchell and Scanlin
Goalies had another decent day, my unofficial opinion is Stejskal by a hair
Curtis Hall might be the most consistent forward out there, Kid is a tank
I'm happy with all our drafted players thus far
As far as the invitees go there's a handful I'd sign now if I could
See everyone tomorrow

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Day 3
Today started with defense only, lots of skating drills, working on crossovers etc then built on that to include shooting
Of note Mast is a much better skater that I initially gave credit for
Greenway's slapshot needs work, now as commented on Twitter these guys aren't trying to decapitate the goalies so keeping that in mind Greenway's form is pretty poor
Lohrei looks to be trying to place it vs hammer it but if you've followed me through his USHL year his John Carlson like wrist shot is his money maker
McFaul has very good form, nice and low but it somehow doesn't equate to points in the NCAA
Lyle and Gallagher took it easy on the goalies for the most part
Kuntar did not, dude has a cannon and continues to impress
Another good day for Mitchell and Scanlin
Goalies had another decent day, my unofficial opinion is Stejskal by a hair
Curtis Hall might be the most consistent forward out there, Kid is a tank
I'm happy with all our drafted players thus far
As far as the invitees go there's a handful I'd sign now if I could
See everyone tomorrow

Who are the ones you'd try to sign among the invitees? I know Scanlin is one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad