Boston Bruins Boston Bruins 2021 Schedule

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
That’s what I thought, but I swear that when I looked at the divisional groupings on this Forum’s main page, Detroit and Florida were in the North.

My mistake. Please disregard my ranting.

no worries.
Wouldn’t surprise me if what you saw was actually there for that split second.
HF nerds are behind the scenes rebuilding the front page to align with the NHL.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Game times have been set:

dSHwagj.png

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I like it. Looks like 7 PM games are the norm, and only two "late" games - a weird 7:30 vs BUF on the 2/6, and an 8 PM Wednesday Night Hockey @PHI on 3/3.

Looks like 12 early-bird specials starting 5:30 or earlier, all on weekends/holidays. Sunday noon against NYR on 2/28 and WSH on 4/18? Gimme some time to make lunch, please! I guess without Papa Jacobs there to say he hates the decreased concession sales in the afternoon, they can schedule the Bruins early.

Red Sox play every day in April that the Bruins play, and all of May except for the 3rd. Hope everyone here has NESN+! Hopefully they schedule the weekend games so that they're consecutive, and not overlapping. No hope for weekday games - those almost have to be played at 6:30 or later.

Reactions: Gordoff

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Bruins will be on Canadian cable ONCE

Sportsnet to broadcast over 300 NHL games for the 2020-21 season

Wed., Feb. 3
Boston @ Philadelphia, 8 p.m. / 5 p.m. (Sportsnet)

Hardcore hockey fans can now watch every NHL matchup across the league with SN NOW+ and NHL LIVE streaming services (Regional restrictions apply).

Sportsnet to broadcast over 300 NHL games for the 2020-21 season

That's why I got my NHL LIVE subscription, pretty lean Bruins schedule around these parts this season. I've never had so much time to get all hockey'd out (as if that was actually possible) as I do this season. I'm going all in, gonna get me an AHL subscription too as soon as I'm comfortable with it. ( A little ambiguous right now)

Reactions: Fenway

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Love the number of back to back games. I think this will create some very passionate hockey this year. No longer do you have to wait 6 weeks to get revenge and have the air taken out of the anger.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
That's why I got my NHL LIVE subscription, pretty lean Bruins schedule around these parts this season. I've never had so much time to get all hockey'd out (as if that was actually possible) as I do this season. I'm going all in, gonna get me an AHL subscription too as soon as I'm comfortable with it. ( A little ambiguous right now)
I think you will enjoy NHL live . I certainly do , There is hockey on my tv every night . If the Bruins aren’t playing my attention kind of wavers but it’s still hockey .

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I think you will enjoy NHL live . I certainly do , There is hockey on my tv every night . If the Bruins aren’t playing my attention kind of wavers but it’s still hockey .

Looking forward to it, I had it a few years back but I'm usually to busy to watch more than most of the Bruins and some Habs games but this year I got nothing but time. I'm gonna get the AHL package too, gonna watch hockey 'til I can't no more.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Tuukka Rask

(Goalie)
|
Boston Bruins

goalie-start-icon.svg
Goalie Start
Rask will start the Bruins season opener in New Jersey.

Bruins' head coach Bruce Cassidy named Rask as his game one starter and said that Rask is expected to start roughly 35 of the 56 games. The 33-year-old netminder was 26-8-6 while leading the NHL with a 2.12 GAA and .929 SV% (2nd). In two starts vs. the Devils, Rask went 2-0-0 while allowing just one goal on 57 shots (.982 SV%).
Source: Kevin Dupont 01/11/21, 9:59 am EST

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Boston at Washington, originally scheduled for April 11, is now scheduled for April 10 at 7 p.m. ET.​

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Some changes to the schedule

Game #529, NY Islanders at Boston, originally scheduled for March 27, is now scheduled for Tuesday, March 23 at 7 p.m. ET

Game #179, Buffalo at Boston, originally scheduled for Feb. 6, is now scheduled for Saturday, March 27 at 1 p.m. ET

Game #195, Buffalo at Boston, originally scheduled for Feb. 8, is now scheduled for Tuesday, April 13 at 7 p.m. ET

Game #665, NY Islanders at Boston, originally scheduled for April 13, is now scheduled for Wednesday, April 14 at 6 p.m. ET

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
From The Globe:

After Saturday, the Bruins are scheduled for two games in the next 11 days: Thursday at home against the Devils, and next Sunday against the Flyers in Lake Tahoe. Those games remain in doubt, given the state of the NHL’s COVID-19 protocol list. There were no Bruins on Saturday’s list, and while the Devils got back five players from the list, they still had 13 players unavailable (Monday’s game at TD Garden was postponed). The Flyers had seven players on the list. The Sabres (eight players), who had a pair of games against the Bruins moved, do not see the Bruins until March 18. The Rangers (one) host the Bruins on Feb. 26. The Penguins, Islanders, and Capitals had a full squad.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This scheduling is absurd. Move games up etc. Can't keep alternating stretches of a week off and 3 games in 4 nights.

Not as easy as you would think

Teams that have been directly impacted including Philadelphia and Colorado have to work around NBA games in their arena.

Arenas with both NBA and NHL games are - Boston, Madison Sq Garden, Philadelphia, Washington, Detroit, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, and Tampa (Raptors)

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Boston’s game originally scheduled for Monday against the Devils at TD Garden has been rescheduled to March 7 at 5 p.m. because the Devils are on a COVID-19 pause.

The Bruins’ April 10 game against the Capitals in Washington, D.C., has been moved to April 11 at 7 p.m. Their game against the Flyers, originally scheduled for March 7 at TD Garden, will be moved to a date that has yet to be announced.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Two Bruins games vs. Flyers, one against Islanders change dates in latest NHL schedule update - The Boston Globe

The NHL announced another round of schedule updates Tuesday, including three date changes for the Bruins.
Two of the affected games are against the Flyers. The game originally scheduled for March 7 at TD Garden, postponed by the NHL last week amid another wave of changes, will be played April 5. That replaces a scheduled game between the teams in Philadelphia, which now shifts to April 10.
With those changes, the Bruins face a grueling stretch of five games in seven nights — they already were slated to travel to Philadelphia April 6, and also have games at Washington April 8 and 11, with the new date back in Philadelphia in between.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins-Caps scheduled for 4/20 is now set for 4/11 in Boston.

Bruins-Sabres postponement from 3/20 now set for 4/20 in Buffalo.

Isles-Bruins contest from 3/23 now rescheduled for 5/10 in Boston.

Bruins-Caps moved from 4/11 to 5/11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->