Boston Bruins Boston Bruins 2019-2020 Regular Season Schedule Released

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hockey Day in America - The Bruins play in the main game at Madison Sq Garden ( NBC grabbed all 3 games with NYR)

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
The trade off is they don't charge more for premium games during the season like they do in many cities ( Montreal especially )

The hidden advantage is that if they completely cancel a preseason game for some random reason (unplayable/unsafe ice, TD Garden floods, monkeypox, zombie apocalypse), and they don't reschedule it, you'd probably get face value of your ticket back, so you'd get more than the preseason game is really worth. Granted, given the timing of the preseason games, you're not likely to get weather-related incidents...but arena snafus are possible. And given the nature of preseason games versus regular season, if there are any issues with playing a preseason game, they're highly likely to just let it go and not play it at all.

Conversely, if you're unlucky enough to have a premium regular season game cancelled, you again get only face value of your ticket back. That said, for a regular season game, they're almost always going to reschedule. If the Habs game on 2/12 gets snowed in (it's happened at least twice in the last four or so years), you'd better believe that they'd reschedule.

The real inconvenience comes when deciding how much to sell/barter tickets with friends. If I weren't knowledgeable about the flat pricing, I'd feel like a bad friend buying a $65 face value ticket for $20...but that's probably what a preseason game is actually worth on the market. Conversely, I'd feel taken advantage of if someone asked me to pay $120 for a $65 ticket - but that's what some Saturday night O6 games go for.

They made a big money grab on STHs this year - that's why you didn't see fawning articles in the Globe about how generous the Jacobs are for only raising prices by $1. But I'm not sure if many STHs will be complaining after the fact...there theoretically should be increased interest in a team that's gotten to the Cup Finals.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
The hidden advantage is that if they completely cancel a preseason game for some random reason (unplayable/unsafe ice, TD Garden floods, monkeypox, zombie apocalypse), and they don't reschedule it, you'd probably get face value of your ticket back, so you'd get more than the preseason game is really worth. Granted, given the timing of the preseason games, you're not likely to get weather-related incidents...but arena snafus are possible. And given the nature of preseason games versus regular season, if there are any issues with playing a preseason game, they're highly likely to just let it go and not play it at all.

Conversely, if you're unlucky enough to have a premium regular season game cancelled, you again get only face value of your ticket back. That said, for a regular season game, they're almost always going to reschedule. If the Habs game on 2/12 gets snowed in (it's happened at least twice in the last four or so years), you'd better believe that they'd reschedule.

The real inconvenience comes when deciding how much to sell/barter tickets with friends. If I weren't knowledgeable about the flat pricing, I'd feel like a bad friend buying a $65 face value ticket for $20...but that's probably what a preseason game is actually worth on the market. Conversely, I'd feel taken advantage of if someone asked me to pay $120 for a $65 ticket - but that's what some Saturday night O6 games go for.

They made a big money grab on STHs this year - that's why you didn't see fawning articles in the Globe about how generous the Jacobs are for only raising prices by $1. But I'm not sure if many STHs will be complaining after the fact...there theoretically should be increased interest in a team that's gotten to the Cup Finals.

You know, I'm not a season's ticket holder but I enjoy your posts, Talkinaway. You're always worth a read.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Single-game tickets go on sale Wednesday at the TD Garden box office and Ticketmaster.com/Bruins.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Here are some highlights from the 2019-20 Bruins schedule:

– Boston gets their first look at the Tampa Bay Lightning on Oct. 17.

– The B’s have a home/home back-to-back with the Toronto Maple Leafs in October.

– The Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues make their only visit to Boston on Oct. 26. The Bruins will visit St. Louis in April.

– The Montreal Canadiens make their first trip to Boston on Dec. 1, with thei second visit on Feb. 12.

– Boston’s longest homestand of the season comes at the end of November into early December, when they’ll play five straight at TD Garden.

– NHL All-Star Weekend will take place from Jan. 23-25 in St. Louis, Missouri.

– The Bruins will enjoy their bye week following the All-Star break, from Jan. 27-30.

– The Bruins will make their annual trip to Western Canada in mid-February, part of a four-game road trip that starts in New York and ends in Vancouver.

Bruins Announce 2019-20 Season Schedule

Comfort Eagle

Feb 28, 2008
Southeastern,MA
February 8th against the Coyotes. Gotta get tix to bring my youngest son. He loves the Coyotes and we've been to their visits to Boston for 4 years in a row so far. Usually they play in December.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
They play Toronto 3 times in the first 20 games; Montreal 3 times in the first 28 games. Then Montreal in February and Toronto in March.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
With price increases every season it hurts to pay full price for preseason. But I think it is a league wide thing and not unique to the Bruins.
We're looking at a Weekender package here in AZ All Fri/Sat/Sun games (19 total). Cheap seats are just $19 a game. And just 20 minutes from the house. $10 to park. Aaaand, it's the Coyotes. o_O

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Aaaand, it's the Coyotes. o_O
4502288_2.jpg

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Theoretically is the key word

I expect the Bruins to get off to a so so record before revving up after the New Year

The Red Sox had a transcendent season but started slow and still haven’t got to 10 over

Tickets are plentiful and cheap

The Bruins hit January 1 around a 90 point pace I think their is not a lot of money to be made on secondary market

I expect the Bruins to have a monster final 41 games and end up in the 105 point area as a 3 seed before powering thru the playoffs in winning the Cup giving the fans 3 parades in 3 years

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Here are some highlights from the 2019-20 Bruins schedule:

– Boston gets their first look at the Tampa Bay Lightning on Oct. 17.

– The B’s have a home/home back-to-back with the Toronto Maple Leafs in October.

– The Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues make their only visit to Boston on Oct. 26. The Bruins will visit St. Louis in April.

– The Montreal Canadiens make their first trip to Boston on Dec. 1, with thei second visit on Feb. 12.

– Boston’s longest homestand of the season comes at the end of November into early December, when they’ll play five straight at TD Garden.

– NHL All-Star Weekend will take place from Jan. 23-25 in St. Louis, Missouri.

– The Bruins will enjoy their bye week following the All-Star break, from Jan. 27-30.

– The Bruins will make their annual trip to Western Canada in mid-February, part of a four-game road trip that starts in New York and ends in Vancouver.

Bruins Announce 2019-20 Season Schedule
I hear the Bruins are having ‘bounce fabric softener night’ October 17. Not sure if they are a new sponsor but it’s a cheap shot at the Lightning who have gotten even softer with the fake news about Ryan Callahan injury. And the trade of JT Miller. Dan Girardi also apparently leaving.

I actually feel bad for that eventual beat down Tampa will get in round 1.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->