Rumor: Boston among the teams to have "great interest" in Jakob Silfverberg

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I just think you’re overrated Silfverberg. I haven’t been impressed with Pasta and Krejci together, and I don’t think your coach is either considering he always reverts back to the big three.

Lol Krejci and Pasta have a corsi for of around 60 when playing together this year and have scored 11 goals for and allowed 4 against. What does it take to impress you?

Reactions: smitty10 and Skelen

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
He had 14 points in 16 games playing on the top line when Bergeron was out, so he hasn't exactly been playing with struggling wingers all season.
So what you're saying is he can play like a 1st line center with the right wingers? So like I said, he's a fine 2c.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I’d argue they actually need 2 wingers for Krejci and a 3c.

Tall order to do in 2 weeks. But if they had Debrusk on line 3 with a centre that can actuallyy play it would go a long way to balancing out their lineup.

Silf would be a fine pickup and shouldn’t break the bank. Get a Saad and maybe a Staal for the other 2 spots and boom! 2nd round exit to Tampa lol.

**** they’re a good team.
I know we shouldn't bank on rookies, but I feel like Cehlarik has some chemistry building already with Krejci, and if you can find a solid 3rd on that line then he might be the in house fill in on that 2nd line.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I know we shouldn't bank on rookies, but I feel like Cehlarik has some chemistry building already with Krejci, and if you can find a solid 3rd on that line then he might be the in house fill in on that 2nd line.
Cehlarik seems to think the game well. But man, he’s a turtle out there.

If him and Jason Allison had a race from the goal line to centre I’m not sure who I’d bet on. I do know I could come back later that day to see the finish

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Cehlarik seems to think the game well. But man, he’s a turtle out there.

If him and Jason Allison had a race from the goal line to centre I’m not sure who I’d bet on. I do know I could come back later that day to see the finish
I don't think he's as slow as he's made out to seem - he's not a speedster by any means, but he's fast enough to play in the league and thinks quick enough to overcome it as well - but let's not turn this into a Bruins discussion thread. :cheers:

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I just think you’re overrated Silfverberg. I haven’t been impressed with Pasta and Krejci together, and I don’t think your coach is either considering he always reverts back to the big three.

If you haven’t been impressed by Krejci and Pasta together...then you must go through life perpetually unimpressed. They are fantastic together.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I don't think he's as slow as he's made out to seem - he's not a speedster by any means, but he's fast enough to play in the league and thinks quick enough to overcome it as well - but let's not turn this into a Bruins discussion thread. :cheers:
Lol you’re right I’m sorry.yes Silf but no to a 1st rounder for him.

2nd and a Heinen and I’ll drive him to Boston

Reactions: NDiesel

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Didn't realize he's an upcoming UFA. This guy would be a smart target for the Oilers in the offseason if he makes it to UFA and they can find a way to open up some cap space. Always thought he had the skill to be a 30-30 guy with a very good 2-way game if given a more offensive role with an elite centre.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
Brian Boyle just got a 2nd.

Silfverberg is forsure worth a 1st.[/QUOTE

could care less what Boyle got. Thats Nashville problem. Brian Boyle was worth a 2nd 4 years ago, not today.

Just because one GM makes that move, it wont dictate the market everywhere. (just my opinion)

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Lol you’re right I’m sorry.yes Silf but no to a 1st rounder for him.

2nd and a Heinen and I’ll drive him to Boston

No way should that be what the bruins offer for silfverberg. He's a pending ufa having a pretty pedestrian season on an awful team.

Maybe a second and a b level prospect like zboril. Even that feels like an overpayment. I hope Sweeney goes after a bigger fish.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Silf is one of those guys who seem like a low-key player to target with all the big names out there, but one that might just end up doing more for your team than you'd expect - and cost a whole lot less.

Good 2-way player, good shot. His numbers in the playoffs are better than his regular season numbers and that's impressive, 69 games isn't a small sample size. He's got a knack for stepping up his game.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Maybe we can just throw in Getz and Perry your way if you can make the salary work. That would be hilarious. Getz is still beast.

Just throw us a few firsts and some legit prospects. You guys go all in for the next couple of years and then go for a rebuild.

Would be hilarious.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Silf is one of those guys who seem like a low-key player to target with all the big names out there, but one that might just end up doing more for your team than you'd expect - and cost a whole lot less.

Good 2-way player, good shot. His numbers in the playoffs are better than his regular season numbers and that's impressive, 69 games isn't a small sample size. He's got a knack for stepping up his game.
As a ducks fan I can tell you this is spot on. He also is far better than the numbers. Keep in mind he played on a shutdown line with a guy that had zero offensive ability (cogs). They were our best line when Kesler was good. Plus minus was awesome matching up against top lines. It wouldnt be a sexy signing but would make your team a lot better. Ducks fans love him but feel by the time we are out of this hole he will be starting to get older on a 3rd contract. We would be better off with a prospect.

Reactions: mflo77

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i'm a big silf guy, think he's a great fit for boston. that said, i wouldn't offer more than a 2nd and B level prospect.
be that fitzgerald, zboril, blidh, cehlarik, steen, clifton, etc.

Reactions: wintersej

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Boyle in NJ: 47 games, 13 goals, 19 points
Silfverberg: 47 games, 12 goals, 20 points

Tell me again why Silfverberg is worth significantly more than Boyle (who is a center) as a rental?
I'll give you three:

1) A big laugh at evaluating any ducks players stats this year as if they have any meaning.

2) Jakob Silfverberg Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Scroll over to the right to the playoff stats part.

3) Silf is an excellent defensive forward, better than Boyle.

But really, its totally ok if nobody gives a first because we would be glad to keep him.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Boyle in NJ: 47 games, 13 goals, 19 points
Silfverberg: 47 games, 12 goals, 20 points

Tell me again why Silfverberg is worth significantly more than Boyle (who is a center) as a rental?

Because Silfverberg is a consistent 20 goal 40 point player. He is playing on a historically bad offensive team this year. Not to mention that offense is not even what makes him special.

Silfverberg is also a near PPG player in the playoffs in the last 4 seasons or 44 games.

He is worth far more then Boyle as a rental and way more if he is resigned.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad