Rumor: Boston among the teams to have "great interest" in Jakob Silfverberg

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Silfverberg would be an ideal secondary get for Boston. They'd likely need to make another move if they wanted to contend, but he fits a lot of needs for them.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I just think you’re overrated Silfverberg. I haven’t been impressed with Pasta and Krejci together, and I don’t think your coach is either considering he always reverts back to the big three.

Because the midd6 is a mess and the top line keeps winning them games, and Pasta- Krejci were money when Bergeron missed 15 games.

This F core needs 2 top9 forwards to really compete, we've waited for years for Sweeney to start doing something for it, if he again decides to ignore it why the hell should I have any faith he'll fix it next summer?

Silf isn't a game changer like Panarin but he would be a damm good addition to this current F group.

Reactions: sandyfalkirk

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Fix everything? Silfverberg won’t make Krecji a better 2C. Bruins need an impact player to fix the depth issue. If not there’s no chance of getting through Tampa.

Krejci is the least of the Bruins worries. He's playing like the guy who led the NHL in playoff scoring...twice.

The holdup here has got to be the price. Anaheim wants a 1st and the Bruins are not going to offer more than a 2nd. TBH, I don't even know if he's worth a 2nd.

Anyway, he'd still be a great pickup. Can't argue with those playoff numbers. But if someone else offers a 1st, Sweeney should pass.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Force951

Jul 17, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Krejci is the least of the Bruins worries. He's playing like the guy who led the NHL in playoff scoring...twice.

The holdup here has got to be the price. Anaheim wants a 1st and the Bruins are not going to offer more than a 2nd. TBH, I don't even know if he's worth a 2nd.

Anyway, he'd still be a great pickup. Can't argue with those playoff numbers. But if someone else offers a 1st, Sweeney should pass.

You will be lucky if it only costs a first. I could easily see it getting up around a 1st + 3rd or equivalent prospect. The last 4 years he has had 39 points in 44 playoff games, so that is going to interest a ton of teams.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
You will be lucky if it only costs a first. I could easily see it getting up around a 1st + 3rd or equivalent prospect. The last 4 years he has had 39 points in 44 playoff games, so that is going to interest a ton of teams.
I’m not saying he can’t get a 1st + but with the number of top 6 wingers available at the deadline I don’t feel that the prices are going to be as high as the sellers are hoping.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Arnt you guys fairly limited on assets that would make sense? I agree hed be a good fit in sj and a lot of other teams

We didn’t even trade either of our top-2 prospects (as ranked by HFSharks before the trade) in the Karlsson trade.

With all due respect to Silfverberg, we absolutely have the assets to acquire a player of his caliber. The one asset we’re missing is a 1st round pick in either of the next two drafts, but I don’t imagine that would be a total requirement for him.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Krejci isn't the problem at all. But we gotta stop using his playoff accolades from 8 and 6 seasons ago as any sort of marker.

Bruins need to think long and hard before they acquire anyone that can walk in several months.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Fix everything? Silfverberg won’t make Krecji a better 2C. Bruins need an impact player to fix the depth issue. If not there’s no chance of getting through Tampa.
Krejci is a fine 2C. 42 points in 54 games playing with a bunch of struggling wingers. They have two needs. A top 6 RW and a 3C. This would help fix one of those holes.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Krejci is a fine 2C. 42 points in 54 games playing with a bunch of struggling wingers. They have two needs. A top 6 RW and a 3C. This would help fix one of those holes.
I’d argue they actually need 2 wingers for Krejci and a 3c.

Tall order to do in 2 weeks. But if they had Debrusk on line 3 with a centre that can actuallyy play it would go a long way to balancing out their lineup.

Silf would be a fine pickup and shouldn’t break the bank. Get a Saad and maybe a Staal for the other 2 spots and boom! 2nd round exit to Tampa lol.

f*** they’re a good team.

Reactions: Dabruins

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

He had 14 points in 16 games playing on the top line when Bergeron was out, so he hasn't exactly been playing with struggling wingers all season.

Reactions: PlayoffBeard365

sfoote

Jan 6, 2013
Since he's a Swede, doesn't he have to automatically go to Stockholm west i.e. the Sabres ? :laugh:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I’d argue they actually need 2 wingers for Krejci and a 3c.

Tall order to do in 2 weeks. But if they had Debrusk on line 3 with a centre that can actuallyy play it would go a long way to balancing out their lineup.

Silf would be a fine pickup and shouldn’t break the bank. Get a Saad and maybe a Staal for the other 2 spots and boom! 2nd round exit to Tampa lol.

**** they’re a good team.
Maybe 1st round exit!:sarcasm:

Just kidding...and ya, they're a good f***ing team.:laugh:

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Maybe 1st round exit!:sarcasm:

Just kidding...and ya, they're a good ****ing team.:laugh:
Ya could be. Those teams at the top of the Atlantic are pretty even outside of Tampa.

Hope Boston gets that WC spot and cross over and play the Isles. That’s be ideal. Then pray to the hockey gods someone knocks out Washington in round 1.

I’d like to see Tor/Mtl play finally in the playoffs. Though knowing the league they’d schedule the games at the same time Boston is playing so I’d see zero seconds of it lol

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

But what teams are intressted?

In West: Flames and Preds (maybe Vegas?)

East: Boston, Jackets? Buffalo? Caps (guess Bura is going the other way)

And with a whole load of players on the market, not many buyers this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad