bossy22's WJC DRAFT Selection Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
He led Sweden in scoring in the last 2 WJC's and I'm sure he'll be among their top scores again. I select -- F Robert Nilsson.

Last edited:

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Crunch Time For Selections

TO ALL GMs.

If we want to complete the draft prior to the tournament start on Dec 25th, we need to speed up the draft process. At this pace we will only complete 6 rounds by midnight Dec 24th.

Not sure if we should select a time over the next 48 hours where we all try to be online for the same 3 hr period and just rapid fire off picks. Otherwise, I need to reduce the time allotted between drafts (maybe 3 hours) and then close out the draft from midnight to 6am so that no one can be scooped.

My only other thought is reduce the # of rounds once again by reducing forwards from 5 to 4 or 3.

Any suggestions?

VanIslander has suggested an extra round of selections where each GM can draft an extra player to use in case of injury, etc. It could be any position and the pick would be a strategy pick for each GM. I like the idea but it means we really have to get going with the regular draft rounds first. VanIslander was thinking of using the extra player as a roster replacement and each Gm would identify when to move the player in and out of the lineup. I would prefer to just drop your lowest score from the draftee who plays the position your replacement player has taken. In other words, if you select a goalie as your replacement round player, you could only be credited points for 1 goalie not both. So the top point producing goalie would count towards your point total and the lower scoring goalie would be scratched. This way, I just record the highest score for you replacement position instead of tracking roster changes.

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
bossy22 said:
If we want to complete the draft prior to the tournament start on Dec 25th, we need to speed up the draft process.
Yes!!

bossy22 said:
Not sure if we should select a time over the next 48 hours where we all try to be online for the same 3 hr period
That just never works.

bossy22 said:
I need to reduce the time allotted between drafts (maybe 3 hours) and then close out the draft from midnight to 6am so that no one can be scooped.
How about TWO hour intervals for a day, then ONE hour intervals after that. We have a lot of picks to make to get it done.

bossy22 said:
My only other thought is reduce the # of rounds once again by reducing forwards from 5 to 4 or 3.
What?? That would mess up draft strategy. No need to lessen picks, just pick up the pace!

bossy22 said:
VanIslander has suggested an extra round of selections where each GM can draft an extra player to use in case of injury, etc.
I suggested it before we started the draft. Now that we're going, and it's getting close to the tourney, I suggest we nix any idea of adding wrinkles. Or whatever. Let's just get this going!

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Update To Draft!!

Besides some feedback from VanIslander I have not heard from anyone regarding completeing the draft on time. This update is not intended to ruffle feathers, just I think trying to draft 8 rounds of players less than a week prior to the strt of the tournament was a bit ambitious. That being said I'd like to complete the draft.

I propose the following....

After Round 4 each GM will PM me a list of players they will like to have on their team. I'd think 15 players on each list ought to do it. Make the list in order of the position you want to draft next. If you are unable to draft at your selected time, I will then select the player for you. If anyone thinks I'm going to steal picks, don't worry about my list will be close to yours. I can PM my list to any GM who is worried about it.

Time limit will be changed to 4 hrs per pick after round 4.

Since I did not receive responses from the last post to obtain feedback, a non response will be counted as a vote for this proposal. I will need 6 votes against to not make these changes and deadline is tonight at midnight eastern to say yea or nay.

Draft will stop at the drp of the puck of the first game on XMAS Day and I will fill in names by needed position from your lists in the draft orderif all 8 rounds are not completed.

Again, not pointing fingers as I know its a busy time of year for all.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Agree too ...

It's a short tournament, we defenitly have to finish our pick before the first game cause its not an 82 nhl calender, its a 6 or 7 game tournament ... knowing the result of a game as much more impact in this case.

but I'd also love to make a couple more pick by my own, so can we pass from 4 hours limit to less time ?

Last edited:

E&M

Nov 18, 2004
Vancouver
Yeah, I was just thinking about it now, after the 4th round there are still 40 picks to be made. At 4 hours max for a pick that could take 160 hours; we have about 45. 1 or 2 hours a pick would be more reasonable. I mean, even if you come on a couple of hours late, what is the difference between 65th pick and 68th? Probably not too much.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Suggestion: Let's either assign 30 minutes per pick and someone can make it up a.s.a.p. if theirs is skipped while they are away (or they could opt for lists).

OR

Do a blitz round, where every team can make their pick, ONLY for a given round, as soon as the time comes for that round (creates a few minutes of excitement like a live draft, but some people could take hours).

Come on, time to make an executive decision and get on with it.

David Draiman

Just give the "W" to me and ofhdhdy, we're going to win anyways :p:

(Just having some fun, getting some people riled up and what not ;) )

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
I say after the 4th round we stop, then everyone has until midnight tomorrow to make a list of 15+ players in order and sends it in to two people who will be able to finish the draft on Christmas day before the first game.

I say two people to make sure there are no mix ups or errors. Both of those two people should have the same list for the last 4 rounds, if there not the same those two can go over it and make sure it's right. That is to make it perfectly fair.

It would be a lot of work for everyone (especially those two) but I figure this would be the best way and the most fair.

Either way I am making a list now. I won't be on much tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad