Bossy

Seanconn*

If Mike Bossy had scored 50 goals in his last season, do you think he would be revered more today? 10 consecutive 50 goal seasons from rookie to retirement... it's really too bad he had to settle for 9 :sarcasm:

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I don't think you can get much more revered than Mike Bossy.

The guy was part of the core of a dynasty. Depending on who you ask he was the most important player on that dynasty and there is a good argument since he scored 17 goals in three straight playoffs and got some very important ones too (back to back Cup winners).

He'd be the sole owner of a record 10 50 goal seasons, so I guess it would be something he'd hold on his own and not share with Gretzky. But I don't think it would change much. No one remembers Bossy as anything but a great goal scorer, even when his back conked out the last season

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
He's the best natural goalscorer I've seen. In my mind, you can't get much more revered than that.

The main disappointment I have was that the injury cost him a shot at the all-time record for career goals.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Bossy is pretty revered already and is one of the top 10 pure snipers ever IMO.

His playoff record and international play was outstanding as well.

Flames420

Jan 2, 2007
Unfortunately I never got to see Bossy play but from what I always heard from relatives and older friends is that he was the best goal scorer ever up until his retirement.

All I can go by are his numbers. Imagine he played 6-7 more healthy seasons?

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Bossy is considered one of the top right wingers of all-time. He had 9 straight 50 goal seasons. He went #32 in this year's ATD. I think he's pretty well revered.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
I only saw Bossy in his last few seasons and was blown away by his scoring ability. I don't think he could really be more revered today if he had 50 in his 10th season any more than he already is.

gotthequalifications

Feb 8, 2011
Agree with the other posters. No tarnish on this guy at all. As an opponent I don't think there was anyone you'd want less to have the puck in the slot with even a split-second to get a shot away, than Mike Bossy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->