Post-Game Talk: BOS @ WAS - 7:08pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I’ve lowered my expectations, will help with what’s to come. Not so much about losing games but how we are being physically dominated by the better teams. They are faster and tougher, and it’s reflected by the puck being in our zone most of the games. You can’t teach speed. Perhaps they elevate the energy level in the playoffs, but ahed to see how this team gets past the first round.

Reactions: fniss and troyerlaw

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
One or two acquisitions won't fix this. If he's calling, I hope it's in search of a hockey trade to shake up the guys.
Are... are we not in first place? The insane pessimism of this board any time we're not actively winning every game 5-1 is tiresome. We're 4th in the entire NHL in points....

"Fix this"

We're not a garbage team by any stretch, bad and good streaks happen in hockey. We're catching some L's on games that earlier this season we would've caught W's on.

In my opinion we're playing in at least the second, maybe arguably the toughest division. I'm content simply getting into the playoffs in this division, let alone first, and here we have some people complaining how "bad" we are, lol

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Reminiscent of the Matt Bradley bleeder days. Gutsy of hathaway to make the effort. He’s not much of a fighter

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Why don’t we scratch Hathaway? He’s a fake tough guy - and is a offensive stone wall.

we don’t really need to be “tougher”. We need speed. Lack of speed (especially in defensive zone) is killing the Caps. Longer shifts than I can ever remember this year - and we cannot get the puck to save our lives at times.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Hard to argue that he lost but he also kind of got screwed by his pad, had to do the whole thing with one hand and no grappling.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Are... are we not in first place? The insane pessimism of this board any time we're not actively winning every game 5-1 is tiresome. We're 4th in the entire NHL in points....

"Fix this"

We're not a garbage team by any stretch, bad and good streaks happen in hockey. We're catching some L's on games that earlier this season we would've caught W's on.

In my opinion we're playing in the second, arguably the first toughest division. I'm content simply getting into the playoffs in this division, let alone first, and here we have some people complaining how "bad" we are, lol
We have been consistent against the weaker teams . We are being thoroughly dominated by the fast, hard playing teams. Cup contending teams may have defensive lapses, goaltending slumps, etc. They don’t get territorially dominated, high grade scoring chance dominated game after game after game. If it’s fatigue, what will happen in the playoffs?

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Why don’t we scratch Hathaway? He’s a fake tough guy - and is a offensive stone wall.

we don’t really need to be “tougher”. We need speed. Lack of speed (especially in defensive zone) is killing the Caps. Longer shifts than I can ever remember this year - and we cannot get the puck to save our lives at times.
Who would you put on that 4th line?

You don't need speed on that line, you need grinders, guys who will forecheck, and guys who will crash nets.

This isn't EA NHL 21, you don't just plug the highest overall rated guy into any line you want. Hathaway plays a role, we don't really have any other rostered players who can play a similar role.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017

"Fix this"

In my opinion we're playing in at least the second, maybe arguably the toughest division. I'm content simply getting into the playoffs in this division, let alone first, and here we have some people complaining how "bad" we are, lol
I think our points are bloated due to the amount of wins we have against BUF and NJD.

Reactions: Empty Goal Net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad