Proposal: Bos-van

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
^ that is literally the worst argument i've ever seen in this history of this forum. i actually don't even understand what you're tying to say in your first statement.

your second statement shows you simply don't know how to evaluate hockey players. enough is enough, just step away from the keyboard.

If you don't understand what he is trying to say - it's not rocket science, really -, how can you describe it as "literally the worst argument". To gauge one's argument quality, it implies that one would have to understand it in the first place. You can't possibly judge what you don't understand.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Did Horvat die or something?

Not like Pastrnak plays with Marchand and Bergeron :sarcasm:

So did Brett Connolly last year. And Brett Connolly, playing with Bergeron-Marchand who that year connected for 69 goals (second only to Seguin-Benn in the whole league) and 129 points, put up 25 points. TWENTY-FIVE.
Not like Connolly played with a much better performing Marchand and Bergeron. :sarcasm:

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Pastrnak would get murdered in the West without "Bruins rules" to protect him. Would move Gudbranson for him but not much else. :popcorn:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
If you don't understand what he is trying to say - it's not rocket science, really -, how can you describe it as "literally the worst argument". To gauge one's argument quality, it implies that one would have to understand it in the first place. You can't possibly judge what you don't understand.
Nah, it's just a trash argument like everything else any of you have posted about tanev. zero facts, just minority opinions about a player you watch 3 times a year.
I must have missed Tanev in a Hawks uniform. Either that or you need to reevaluate the meaning of "literally".

LMAO this ****ing place.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Pastrnak would get murdered in the West without "Bruins rules" to protect him. Would move Gudbranson for him but not much else. :popcorn:

It's been almost 6 years, isn't it about time you let go?

Nah, it's just a trash argument like everything else any of you have posted about tanev. zero facts, just minority opinions about a player you watch 3 times a year.

So before you don't understand, now you seem to understand, then you seem to know how many games all Bruins fans see of a player or not. You seem a little confused. Maybe it's time for you to step back from this a little.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Solid list

Though I'd say he'd be a number one on EDM, a number 2 on Ana, and probably number one in TOR too.

Overall Tanev would be the Bruins best defenceman.

By next year, Carlo will already be better than Tanev which would put him on the Bruins 2nd pairing (RH shot)

So from the Bruins you would not be getting Pastrnak who just scored his 20th goal of the year back in a trade for Tanev.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
It's been almost 6 years, isn't it about time you let go?

So before you don't understand, now you seem to understand, then you seem to know how many games all Bruins fans see of a player or not. You seem a little confused. Maybe it's time for you to step back from this a little.

I don't need to step back at all, how about you actually construct a real argument for once.

Here's another one, take a look at Tanev's goal and shot suppression stats, to suggest he's a #4 dman is as dumb as saying Brad Marchand is a 3rd line winger.

http://imgur.com/sYDmx8T

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
By next year, Carlo will already be better than Tanev which would put him on the Bruins 2nd pairing (RH shot)

So from the Bruins you would not be getting Pastrnak who just scored his 20th goal of the year back in a trade for Tanev.

Carlo will not touch Tanev's jockstrap next year, dear lord. Tanev is better than every dman on the Bruins, it's not really debatable really.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I don't need to step back at all, how about you actually construct a real argument for once.

Here's another one, take a look at Tanev's goal and shot suppression stats, to suggest he's a #4 dman is as dumb as saying Brad Marchand is a 3rd line winger.

http://imgur.com/sYDmx8T

I have not suggested that Tanev is a #4: you are making this up. It's another sign you are not all there and that it might be good for you to step back from this.

Pastrnak has elite skills, we would not be parting with him unless someone who also has all around elite skills as a D and is around the same age would be coming back. That isn't Tanev.

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016
Carlo will not touch Tanev's jockstrap next year, dear lord. Tanev is better than every dman on the Bruins, it's not really debatable really.

If he's so damn good then keep him there have been Tanev threads popping up all over by Canucks fans all year and nobody agrees with them on the value take your hint or keep him. I remember in the finals all you heard was how much better the twins were and how much better the defence and goaltending was and how much more physical they were, the Bruins didn't have a chance it was gonna be a sweep. Reality slapped you all in the head and if this so called number one defence men gets dealt you will all get another one when you see the return. Probably still be *****ing about it 6 years later too

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
With all these Tanev trade threads lately he's either not as good as all you Nucks fans are making him out to be or you really are that stupid to be trading away your best player(s).

Fact is, Boston needs wings as much as D. Tanev doesn't get you Pasta who's one of the few scoring on the B's. He's one of the best wingers of his age and in a couple more years could even be close to (not better) Tarasanko.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

at age 20 Carlo 10x better than Tanev was at 20.

I'm a big fan of Tanev but lets not for a second think hes anything more than an excellent defensive defenseman. His career high in points (20) justifies this.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I love reading the " alternative facts " that prove the theory that Tanev is a top pairing or even in some wacky cases, a number 1 dman. Because apparently in the world of advanced statistics, number 1 dmen can go half a year without scoring a goal :laugh:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
If he's so damn good then keep him there have been Tanev threads popping up all over by Canucks fans all year and nobody agrees with them on the value take your hint or keep him.

With all these Tanev trade threads lately he's either not as good as all you Nucks fans are making him out to be or you really are that stupid to be trading away your best player(s).

It's just a few certain Canucks fans that keep making these threads that create these toxic conversations. Majority either don't want to trade him or don't want to bother arguing with people who think you need to put up points to be a #2 D-man.

Why is he 5th in TOI/g on a team that gives up quite a lot Of goals?

Because our coach is really bad with TOI allocation and we have a terrible team in general. Look up our record with and without Tanev and then come back here think about what you did, young man.

I love reading the " alternative facts " that prove the theory that Tanev is a top pairing or even in some wacky cases, a number 1 dman. Because apparently in the world of advanced statistics, number 1 dmen can go half a year without scoring a goal :laugh:

Nobody thinks Tanev is a #1 D-man on a legit playoff contender, but he is a #1 D-man on some teams (like the Canucks) who lack a #1 D-man.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I have not suggested that Tanev is a #4: you are making this up. It's another sign you are not all there and that it might be good for you to step back from this.

Pastrnak has elite skills, we would not be parting with him unless someone who also has all around elite skills as a D and is around the same age would be coming back. That isn't Tanev.

I clearly wasn't directing that at you, I'm not stepping back when I'm the only one constructing an argument with legit facts.

Never have talked about Pasta once in this thread, he's a great player and it's perfectly understandable why you guys wouldn't do this trade. I'm just here to defend a player who's clearly getting no respect.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

The objective of ice hockey is to score more goals than your opposition, Tanev may not create offense well but when you factor in his elite goal and shot suppression he still produced top pairing results in terms of shot and goal differential.

I don'y understand why it's so hard to grasp, in terms of net result he's churning out top pairing results, refer to the chart I posted above.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
at age 20 Carlo 10x better than Tanev was at 20.

I'm a big fan of Tanev but lets not for a second think hes anything more than an excellent defensive defenseman. His career high in points (20) justifies this.

Development isn't linear, Brandon Carlo is also significantly better than Zdeno Chara was at 20 doesn't mean he's going to end up as a better player.

Carlo is a solid player but to expect him to be a top 5 defensive player by next season is bat **** crazy.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Tanev = Boychuk.. minus the offense & physicality. (2) 2nds is the market rate for him. Now if he had some semblance of an offensive game, perhaps he could return a late 1st

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Tanev is a significantly better defensive player than Johny Boychuk was, it's an absolutely ridiculous comparison.

Even if they were the same caliber of player (they're not) Tanev is 3 years younger, isn't a year away from being a UFA and his team isn't in a camp crunch. Seriously, your comparison is baseless, stop peddling it and embarrassing yourself.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Tanev is a significantly better defensive player than Johny Boychuk was, it's an absolutely ridiculous comparison.

Even if they were the same caliber of player (they're not) Tanev is 3 years younger, isn't a year away from being a UFA and his team isn't in a camp crunch. Seriously, your comparison is baseless, stop peddling it and embarrassing yourself.

Boychuk not only had better corsi numbers, he had a physical game & better offensive numbers. The comparison is very valid. You just refuse to acknowledge the obvious. Boychuk was 29, Tanev is 27. If Tanev had the offense & physical game, his 2yrs youth and non UFA status would tilt towards him. But he lacks offense & has zero physicality. Therefore it washes out. Tanev = (2) 2nds

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
We've been over this, please don't take about statistics you don't know anything about. I'll just post this again here, you ignored it last time. Chris Tanev is a significantly better player than Johny Boychuk was in 2014.

This just shows you know absolutely nothing about corsi, simply looking at CF% without looking at context is just so grossly illogical. There's a reason why corsi rel exists, chris tanev was a far superior relative to team corsi player than Johny Boychuk was when he played on the Bruins. Not to mention Boychuk played with a significantly higher QOT (the biggest variable in possession stats)

so in reality the Tanev was a significantly better possession player and was a significantly better defender. Not to mention that deal caused Boston to go from a Presidents Trophy winning team to not making the playoffs to what looks like 3 straight seasons, so it's not exactly great precedence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->