Confirmed with Link: [BOS/TBL] Brett Connolly for 2015 and 2016 2nd round picks

Klutch86

Dec 27, 2014
@TBTimes_JSmith: In Bruins release, the picks the #tblightning get from Boston are the #Bruins second round pick this year and the second round pick in '16

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Good return for a player we all knew was going to be moved. I'd have liked to keep him but oh well. I hate the Bruins so I wish him luck but I hope his new team misses the playoffs. Sorry Connolly :(

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Connolly got demoted for apparently the last time last game.

Looks like the team really was just trying to get him some #tradevalue. Then he started hitting. Little did he know that was very likely the thing that finally upped his value enough for Yzerman to move him.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Well, thats a good return for him, but I dont like the trade. Personally I think Connolly is the kind of player who wins playoff games... But this gives us a second to go after Petry with now, so thats something.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Not that that's not good value, but why and why to the Bruins?

Hopfully something is coming next and we aren't just stockpiling picks to make up for the ones we lost.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What's weirder is...

Why now? Why not at the draft? Why does a contender trade a player off their roster for picks right before the playoffs?

Gotta be more coming. Yzerman must need the picks for another move.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
What's weirder is...

Why now? Why not at the draft? Why does a contender trade a player off their roster for picks right before the playoffs?

Gotta be more coming. Yzerman must need the picks for another move.

Could be just to bridge the gap between the 1st and 3rd round picks. Gives him 2 picks to move up to the early 2nd or the late 1st round for guys that other teams let slip.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Could be just to bridge the gap between the 1st and 3rd round picks. Gives him 2 picks to move up to the early 2nd or the late 1st round for guys that other teams let slip.

Yeah, but that doesn't answer the question of the timing. I mean, I think the value is fine. I'm just wondering why do it now rather than at the draft, or after the season.

Maybe Boston has concerns about getting Connolly (RFA) under contract? I don't really get it. I mean, we're 1-2 injuries away from really regretting this.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Yeah, but that doesn't answer the question of the timing. I mean, I think the value is fine. I'm just wondering why do it now rather than at the draft, or after the season.

Maybe Boston has concerns about getting Connolly (RFA) under contract? I don't really get it.

Maybe Yzerman doesn't think he can get 2 2nds for a player he'll want to move by the draft anyways?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Maybe Yzerman doesn't think he can get 2 2nds for a player he'll want to move by the draft anyways?

Even so, it's a Seller's move while we have all the marks of a Buyer. It's almost like Boston took him on as a rental.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He'd finally won us over.

Well. Yzerman does like to sell a player when their value is at its highest, I guess.

Still wondering what we do with that open F slot. I don't really want to pull Namestnikov out of Syracuse and pretty much finish their season. Especially since Namestnikov isn't well suited to a bottom-six W role anyway.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Who's on Hose watch? I don't know if he can handle this.

Yzlamic Preacher*

He'd finally won us over.

Well. Yzerman does like to sell a player when their value is at its highest, I guess.

Still wondering what we do with that open F slot. I don't really want to pull Namestnikov out of Syracuse and pretty much finish their season. Especially since Namestnikov isn't well suited to a bottom-six W role anyway.

This trade screams Conacher trade to me.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Hurts our F depth but I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those 2nds turn into a vet bottom 6 forward with playoff experience.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hurts our F depth but I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those 2nds turn into a vet bottom 6 forward with playoff experience.

After looking at our actually pairings, I agree. I think we might be out of the Petry sweepstakes, and now looking for a F.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
After looking at our actually pairings, I agree. I think we might be out of the Petry sweepstakes, and now looking for a F.

I think it was you who posted in another thread about getting Petry and a forward together. May have been Stryfe. I have a had a couple of drinks tonight so my memory isn't the best but it makes my trade scenarios a bit more creative.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think it was you who posted in another thread about getting Petry and a forward together. May have been Stryfe. I have a had a couple of drinks tonight so my memory isn't the best but it makes my trade scenarios a bit more creative.

Yeah, it was me. But it turns out Boyd Gordon's the only way that makes sense, after I looked at their actual roster. ...They suck.

I'm still thinking we get a F though. Calling up Namestnikov would be a patch job and I'd rather let him lead Syracuse on a Calder Cup run. And even if we did call him up, that leaves us really vulnerable if we get injured.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
For two 2nds? I guess there might be another deal in the pipeline. At least I hope because going with Morrow full-time is not really an upgrade. Namestnikov? Maybe...

Too bad it didn't work out with Brett. All the best to him!

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Yeah, it was me. But it turns out Boyd Gordon's the only way that makes sense, after I looked at their actual roster. ...They suck.

I'm still thinking we get a F though. Calling up Namestnikov would be a patch job and I'd rather let him lead Syracuse on a Calder Cup run. And even if we did call him up, that leaves us really vulnerable if we get injured.

I agree on Namestnikov. I want him in Syracuse. He isn't a fit for our needs on the bottom 6 anyway as we need a physical winger.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
My brain is in no position to process these trades right now. #tooearly

This is twitter, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad