Proposal: BOS - MIN

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So far only negative responses. Do you guys think that both teams would lose this trade?
I don’t see the point for Minnesota. Value aside, why does Minnesota need a LHD with Suter-Brodin-Soucy signed for at least 3 more years?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Calling Menell a " question mark", while talking up Zboril, is either homer talk, or speaking out of ignorance. Any neutral party would surely consider them equal as prospects at the very least, if not giving the edge to Menell. In any event, MN declines. They are set with three LHD in Suter, Brodin, and Soucy, and have just topped up their LHD prospect depth.
This is not a knock on Mennell he might turn out to be a real asset . But one of the Bruins problems have been undersized D-men......lets move on from this it serves no purpose.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Just how low is his salary? Zboril just extended to a low salary as well.
Technically, Menell is zero.

He doesn't have a contract. He is a RFA, Minnesota extended him a Qualifying Offer and retains his rights.

He didn't want the risk of the AHL not starting up and not making the NHL, and headed to the KHL for the season. According to his interviews, he plans to return to North America next season (or after the KHL season if there is an oppurtunity).

Richard Lather

Jan 28, 2020
So completely disregarding the conversation on talent level and if this is an even trade, Boston would be giving up a LHD for a RHD if I'm reading correctly? Boston is set on the right side, they need left side help.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bruins really need a top playing Left Dee at this time and they need to get bigger. They have a few high scoring college guys in the AHL signed in Jack Ahcan and Copper Zech. They seem to be the same type of player. Zboril looks like he is ready to step in finally. Mennell puts up a lot of pts, so he is interesting for sure.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Boston is set on the right side, they need left side help.
If he weren't off to Russia next season, Menell would be exactly the kind of guy they should be looking for - youngish, can break in on the third pairing and has demonstrated offensive upside. I'd rather they give minutes to someone like that than a hundred Kevan Millers.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Technically, Menell is zero.

He doesn't have a contract. He is a RFA, Minnesota extended him a Qualifying Offer and retains his rights.

He didn't want the risk of the AHL not starting up and not making the NHL, and headed to the KHL for the season. According to his interviews, he plans to return to North America next season (or after the KHL season if there is an oppurtunity).

Doing point per game in KHL is not exactly hurting his NHL career either. I think we should offload Pateryn just to let the kids play.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
If he weren't off to Russia next season, Menell would be exactly the kind of guy they should be looking for - youngish, can break in on the third pairing and has demonstrated offensive upside. I'd rather they give minutes to someone like that than a hundred Kevan Millers.

Menell is good now. He's also Minnesota born also & the. So wild are keeping him

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I am allowed to have my own opinion. So get over it. I love players like menell because he's from Minnesota.

You didn't have to comment on it
Menell is good now. He's also Minnesota born also & the. So wild are keeping him

The point stands. In terms of asset value, being from Minnesota doesn't matter. Not one Minnesota born player ever played on a North Star or Wild championship team so being from Minnesota hasn't mattered at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad