Confirmed Signing with Link: [BOS] Matt Grzelcyk re-signs with the Bruins (4 years, $3.6875M AAV)

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
The covid market doesn’t change arbitration RFAs. UFAs is totally different. It’s specifically part of the CBA that league financial health isn’t something they consider.
Or their model is just shit.

But anyway, I like Grzelczyk. Will be interesting to see how he does in a bigger role.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Wow! Great number for the Bruins. Four years and under four mil per. Looking at the cap costs for other D around the league, and isn’t this kind of low for Gris?

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
Great deal. Good AAV, I feel like the term could have been a bit longer, but none the less, good signing from Boston.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Truth in advertising, that's far and away the best offensive play of his career.
He does more of that in the defensive zone. Shifty back there, good outlet passer.

Contract is about half a million more than I thought he was getting but can’t really bitch much overall

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
He does more of that in the defensive zone. Shifty back there, good outlet passer.

Contract is about half a million more than I thought he was getting but can’t really bitch much overall

For sure, he is excellent at puck retrieval. Also very good at defending with his positioning and stick. I was just pointing out that he isn't a highlight real guy.

Reactions: easton117

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
It brings him to age 31, shortly before he starts to decline. That's perfect for the team.
You got a crystal ball?
Lol in all seriousness, I think he’ll be able to last till at least 33/34. They’ll have to re-up his contract for a few more years if he’s still going strong by age 31.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Expected a bit less AAV but I think this is a fair deal for Bruins and Grizz.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
You got a crystal ball?
Lol in all seriousness, I think he’ll be able to last till at least 33/34. They’ll have to re-up his contract for a few more years if he’s still going strong by age 31.

Nobody has a crystal ball, which is why all we can do is apply experience to making predictions. 4 years from now, they will likely have better and younger options. Thats why this term is so good.

Reactions: Pietrangelo

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
For sure, he is excellent at puck retrieval. Also very good at defending with his positioning and stick. I was just pointing out that he isn't a highlight real guy.
It’s funny he doesn’t generate more in the offensive zone, seems to have good instincts.

Not much of a shot though from the point. On the Bruins though that’s kind of par for the course. Even Krug was more of a threat to the fans than the net.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
It’s funny he doesn’t generate more in the offensive zone, seems to have good instincts.

Not much of a shot though from the point. On the Bruins though that’s kind of par for the course. Even Krug was more of a threat to the fans than the net.

I think he'll pop a little more in the offensive zone with Krug gone, but I don't think he'll ever be better than adequate.

Krug had an accurate bomb until a few should injuries took that away from his game. Credit to him for finding other ways to remain elite offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad