PTO: [BOS] F Danton Heinen signs PTO with the Bruins

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Man, I know it's down to the flat cap and all, but it's a shame Heinen didnt get any kind of "pay day" (and by that I mean a multi-year or even a one-year contract) after his 18 goal/33 pt season. Like in a normal environment that should've been able to get him a couple of years of contract stability and he wouldnt be hunting PTOs a year later. He wasnt particularly great on the Pens or anything, just a fairly solid depth player. Plus he had 3 goals in that '22 Rangers series, which I had forgotten about.

Good luck to the guy, and hope Boston is eventually a longer term fit.

Reactions: shadow1

dixie

Mar 15, 2022
Monty now being reunited with former players! The only difference this is the NHL not the NCAA! I trust Monty learned something about that with the Bruins early playoff exit!

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
It's kind of crazy that guys like Heinen have to sign PTOs these days. He's a solid player. After his 22 y/o rookie season it looked like he'd be a consistent top 6 player, but just hasn't been able to reach that level of statistical output.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Man, I know it's down to the flat cap and all, but it's a shame Heinen didnt get any kind of "pay day" (and by that I mean a multi-year or even a one-year contract) after his 18 goal/33 pt season. Like in a normal environment that should've been able to get him a couple of years of contract stability and he wouldnt be hunting PTOs a year later. He wasnt particularly great on the Pens or anything, just a fairly solid depth player. Plus he had 3 goals in that '22 Rangers series, which I had forgotten about.

Good luck to the guy, and hope Boston is eventually a longer term fit.

He was allegedly offered a deal with term by Winnipeg and turned it down.

His own fault.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
It's kind of crazy that guys like Heinen have to sign PTOs these days. He's a solid player. After his 22 y/o rookie season it looked like he'd be a consistent top 6 player, but just hasn't been able to reach that level of statistical output.
Honestly I do wonder how much that has to do with his rookie year being the only season in his career where he really had a set line that he played the vast majority of his minutes on. Played 330 minutes with Riley Nash and Backes on the third line that year, since then he's pretty much always constantly bouncing up and down the lineup.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
He's at worst a 3rd liner and serviceable in the top 6. He has top 6 skill but doesn't bring it every game, somewhat similar to Charlie Coyle in this sense. I'm shocked he needed a PTO unless he really wants to play in Boston??

Reactions: The don godfather

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
He's at worst a 3rd liner and serviceable in the top 6. He has top 6 skill but doesn't bring it every game, somewhat similar to Charlie Coyle in this sense. I'm shocked he needed a PTO unless he really wants to play in Boston??

Guy's like him have been really squeezed by the cap staying flat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad